Yose kit

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
That's about right for 36v, a year+ and some miles covered, so not bad, what cells(brand) do you know? Whether its make any difference, but I always before summer, ride out locally till the battery hits LVC or near as possible, then give it a few hours rest then full 6 hours + an hour on green light, it may or may not add a better cell balance and then most of the time I keep my batteries topped up sometimes full others removed just full, say around 52v[40-41v for 36v] I have 3x batteries 2x36v one was one cell missing from the start but effectively it was free so can not moan, the other 36v is now 7 year old although not used as much I tried to run it for a miles a week but it still does 20 miles(25 miles new) and charges to 42v the other 41.5v - my 48v-er 2 year old and does 30 miles charges to 54.6v and uses LG blue cells a Chinese version made by LG for the internally business to OEM suppliers (apparently) sold by BMS battery, cheap as well, but no issues.

What AH is that, that's awesome mileage, although mid drives are better, I think for range.

There is defo some messed up people selling counterfeit, however I can not see them going into ebike batteries and they are normally some small cell in a shell and are an actual con/scam - low spec are normally made for cheaper power tools, single 18650 flash lights and the vape pen market and are not inherently bad but not designed with high amp draw that motors use some do make their way into ebike batteries and some poor soul somewhere will get one, I would hope that anyone in the ebike supply chain worth their salt would stay clear. I think, I could possibly be talking out of my bottom now from bits I picked up in the early days of vaping.

Yep defo worth spending a few quid on a harden steel lock, it may not stop em but they may think twice and pick an easer mark. The amount of people I see with a £700+ bike and a 99p home bargains combo lock is truly mind blowing. :oops:
I forgot to mention it's a 19.2ah battery, which @Nealh correctly deduced as containing LG MH-1 cells. After the 1 year warranty ran out, I opened it up to discover he was correct. I ran the battery down completely once, reasoning that with laptop and phone batteries one doesn't always get full capacity, until that's done at least once... and the battery got very hot. I might do that again - the 45+ mile journeys are rare, primarily because of concerns of causing battery damage. I do hope my LG MH-1 cells are not fake! I've just looked at the ODO: 1,581 miles. I'll be in the maket for a spare battery in about a year, and would get a em3ev if they were compatible with my existing battery mount. I dicovered last night that because my battery is on the rear rack, it's incapable of ascending a 45 degree incline. The motor had no problem, but the balance of the bike was thrown off by the rear rack battery. Having spent hours digging, I enjoyed my recovery kebab on a hilltop overlooking the city, basking in moonlight... and took these 30 and 60 second exposures with my phone. On long exposure, reflective areas glow, and the aluminium frame reflects green reflected moonlight from the grass. It's great that my bike still folds for train and bus commutes.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I enjoyed my recovery kebab
Always nice to munch a kebab on a cool early summers eve! That's a decent AH battery - Em3ev I looked into that, aren't they in the US? Customs, shipping & VAT if they can accommodate your battery case. I am "dolphin" case more common in the early years of ebikes but not often used anymore due to the spacing and demand for larger capacity batteries like the hailong, although I could change my rack/case at any time in all fairness if the noose wasn't tightening around my wallet as much and for the foreseeable future. However I do feel that until all my batteries actually die I won't bother. And yes defo the ecar world they recommend maintaining a charge between 40% and 80% whether that includes low voltage cut off or not they never say. TBF doing a long trek doesn't really harm your battery, this is "ME" science and experience talking, as the voltage drops the less stressed it becomes and the controller and the BMS has an allocated low voltage number in the 36V it will be 31v(ish) controller and 29v(ish) bms so it'll cut out way before any harm can take place and as you mention it is recommended for 2 cell mobile phones.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Always nice to munch a kebab on a cool early summers eve!
Like a wild fox, I was devouring my delicious kebab in almost complete darkness... as moonlight winked on and off between clouds. But that's the wonder of long-exposure photos! Left long enough, moonlight looks like sunlight, which is of course what it mostly is.

Em3ev I looked into that, aren't they in the US? Customs, shipping & VAT if they can accommodate your battery case. I am "dolphin" case more common in the early years of ebikes but not often used anymore due to the spacing and demand for larger capacity batteries like the hailong,
I both like and dislike the sacrificial safety feature of the Em3ev batteries - it sounds like a good idea, but also sacrifices battery capacity when that happens. But would the completed taxed and customed to hell price be higher, than these expensive batteries from the UK? I believe the mounts are compatible with mine - at one stage, they did have a lot of measurements on their website. I'd have to check polarity, if I ever do manage to rustle enough sheep to buy one of these:

And yes defo the ecar world they recommend maintaining a charge between 40% and 80% whether that includes low voltage cut off or not they never say. TBF doing a long trek doesn't really harm your battery, this is "ME" science and experience talking, as the voltage drops the less stressed it becomes and the controller and the BMS has an allocated low voltage number in the 36V it will be 31v(ish) controller and 29v(ish) bms so it'll cut out way before any harm can take place and as you mention it is recommended for 2 cell mobile phones.
Low battery protection level is set at 31% on my controller, and I have no idea what it's set for on the BMS. (I only set the Current Limit to 20A to see if I could, but it's 15A)

I could ask the seller, if he's still willing to chat to me, now that the warranty period has finshed. He did offer to sell me a spare BMS, so perhaps he might.

Last edited:
  • Informative

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Reactions: Neilgtis

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Low battery protection level is set at 31% on my controller,
Is that win7 omg long time no see? That is 31v cut off about normal then, your controller will be 32v or the same as the BMS, I am not over sure if the BMS supersedes the controller in some setups or of they work as a failsafe for each other. On the KT I can have the controller or the LCD control LVC and if they fail the BMS will hopefully kick in to protect the battery.

Nsat batteries are pricey but I suppose you pay for quality, however when I had a few quid before I went 48v I emailed them for a quote and if they could accommodate my case requirements, before supply shortages were even a thing and they didn't really seem interest, so I saved a ton of cash and went with BMS but I think they got supply issues because most of the stock is out.

• Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Is that win7 omg long time no see?
Yes - I refuse to use Win 10:

It might have become more stable since the last time I looked, but everything else about it is too much of a mess or downright sinister for my use. I'll run Win 7 Pro in a virtual PC for years, but for now it's on the fastest bare metal I could assemble capable of running it, that I could chuck together at the time.

That is 31v cut off about normal then, your controller will be 32v or the same as the BMS, I am not over sure if the BMS supersedes the controller in some setups or of they work as a failsafe for each other. On the KT I can have the controller or the LCD control LVC and if they fail the BMS will hopefully kick in to protect the battery.
Only two wires exit my battery - in theory it's possible for it's BMS to transmit data, rather like the internet can be made available using power socket adapters within a house, but I don't think mine does. I guess the BMS's lvc will do the job if the controller's lvc fails.

Nsat batteries are pricey but I suppose you pay for quality, however when I had a few quid before I went 48v I emailed them for a quote and if they could accommodate my case requirements, before supply shortages were even a thing and they didn't really seem interest, so I saved a ton of cash and went with BMS but I think they got supply issues because most of the stock is out.
Email is handy, but with a UK company I'd just ring someone up for a chat, in case the person answering emails is a numpte. Then I can use social engineering to get them to reveal their bank account number and sort code the information I need.

Cheers, I'll deffo have a good at BMS.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
on an unrelated note for noobs - I know of a case; 500w motor(320 rpm) 20a controller, 14ah battery 48v a year on throttle only (26mph top speed) heavy bike, new did 35 mile now 11 mile, samsung 30q cells I believe.
This is great! Means e-scooterists will be burning through batts at such a high rate, that they'll see reason and get an ebike.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I refuse to use Win 10
:D :pMay god have mercy on your soul with win 11 - tbh I said the same about win 7 I despised it with a passion no XP lol however win 10 gets on my mammary glands when it comes to rebuilding MBR and general trouble shooting.

I always assumed the BMS just had a chip in it to monitor voltage, balancing etc allowing a basic low voltage protection to kick in from an internal sense wire - I also only have two battery wires. I have never really look to deep into BMS, electrical tinkering is not one of my virtues.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
no XP lol however win 10 gets on my mammary glands when it comes to rebuilding MBR and general trouble shooting.
I still use XP, for software which will not run on anything else, not even the emulators. Why would you need to rebuild the MBR?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
electrical tinkering is not one of my virtues.
Me neither... only recently learned to solder, but only because I had to. Can do big thick power cables great now :cool:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
win 10 gets on my mammary glands when it comes to rebuilding MBR and general trouble shooting.
This hardly ever has happened to me. But it's now so common, PC World has an article about it. Bloody Microsoft! Windows 11 only has slightly more market share than XP:

Last edited:
  • Agree

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
Hi
Just a couple of photos need to tidy the wiring up
Waiting for a battery bracket because it just
Held with one bolt and strapView attachment 46954View attachment 46955
[/QUOTE
Hi
fitted the battery bracket tidied the wiring up
One small fault why did Yose put a 3ft cable on the
Front hub if you get a puncture you have to cut
The tie wraps and struggle with the cable
I have put Velcro straps where the motor cable is
Just unzip them and the wheels free they should have made the hub cable about a foot long
And supplied a extension cable
Just need to fit the torque arm6A60B5EE-B960-4C17-AACB-0117F848326B.jpegB6B6ED82-0C84-470C-A86A-84B9FDF052B7.jpegB6B6ED82-0C84-470C-A86A-84B9FDF052B7.jpeg

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
rebuild the MBR?
Only in recovery DOS, have an old PC decent spec I7 3770, popped an SSD 240gb in reinstalled win 10 not thinking about it, setup this PC with a hacked/patched xbox 360 driver for the xbox 360 controller using a cloned USB receiver not an official XBOX 360/PC one which was a task I did not wish to repeat took ages to get it working in games(if that makes sense)- Then I purchased a 480 SSD and put that in the laptop started tiding up my partitions on the laptop, something I had not done since win95 in 1997, not think straight I started tidying the partitions up on the old PC HDDs 3 of em sort of a NAS, but win10 had sneaked a boot sector for the SSD on one of the HDD which I wasn't aware it would and I deleted it, thinking it was an old boot sector. After all the setup and drivers I did for my PC I did not want to start again as the win10 system folder was still in good order it was just auto-recover wouldn't see it nor create a boot sector, so I went down the rabbit hole of command line recovery but luckily I did it with a little fluke and a few hail Mary's, I am getting too old for this now, I am finding it hard to teach this old dog even old tricks.

EDIT - yes just like that article with some create MBR and FAT32 partition commands thrown in for good measure - I used one article and part of another, it was a while back now but I recall something to do with MBR and GPT free software only converted one way I'll find the article I used if I can.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
brake sensor cutoff
I think we hijacked the thread - apologies Neilgtis - Have you had a good ride out yet on your new steed?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
On this forum, "On Topic" is like the spoon in The Matrix...

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
No not yet hopefully at the weekend
Oooh I'd be itching like mad, if you have never ridden an ebike before, watch out for ebike syndrome - "A uncontrollable desire to smile from ear to ear and shout WEE more frequently than would be classed as normal" also once ridden it's hard to go a day without a little ride. :oops:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
"On Topic" is like the spoon in The Matrix...
It's been a while since I watched the Matrix, I hear there's a new one coming out.

1 article and 1 YT dude knew his stuff... I patched bits from both.

Chris Titus Tech

• Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Only in recovery DOS, have an old PC decent spec I7 3770, popped an SSD 240gb in reinstalled win 10 not thinking about it, setup this PC with a hacked/patched xbox 360 driver for the xbox 360 controller using a cloned USB receiver not an official XBOX 360/PC one which was a task I did not wish to repeat took ages to get it working in games(if that makes sense)- Then I purchased a 480 SSD and put that in the laptop started tiding up my partitions on the laptop, something I had not done since win95 in 1997, not think straight I started tidying the partitions up on the old PC HDDs 3 of em sort of a NAS, but win10 had sneaked a boot sector for the SSD on one of the HDD which I wasn't aware it would and I deleted it, thinking it was an old boot sector. After all the setup and drivers I did for my PC I did not want to start again as the win10 system folder was still in good order it was just auto-recover wouldn't see it nor create a boot sector, so I went down the rabbit hole of command line recovery but luckily I did it with a little fluke and a few hail Mary's, I am getting too old for this now, I am finding it hard to teach this old dog even old tricks.

EDIT - yes just like that article with some create MBR and FAT32 partition commands thrown in for good measure - I used one article and part of another, it was a while back now but I recall something to do with MBR and GPT free software only converted one way I'll find the article I used if I can.
Wow, I'm glad I don't play games anymore - after throwing a fortune into Battlezone:

Pleiades:

Afterburner:

...and not getting a prize or my money back!! :mad: After beating Pleiades, I got very cheesed off :mad: Then when it happened again :mad: after I beat Afterburner, I got terminally enraged and gave up playing games completely... until I spent two weeks inside:

...instead of going on holiday somewhere sunny and warm. Now I refuse to ever touch another game, but my bro is constantly tinkering with all that console drive stuff. "It's a total waste of life!", is what I keep telling him, but he loves it and so do increasing numbers of people. A friend is actually competing in gaming tournaments, but not for money yet, as far as I'm aware. The more devices you have, the more geekery one has to engage with!