Yose power freezes/crashes with brake sensors

scbk

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2019
Highlands
Hi folks, I have been riding my yose power rear hub conversion happily for over a month now. I didn't fit the supplied brake levers, but got a pair of magnetic sensors, and swapped the plugs over.
They worked just fine :)

Today I was out on the bike and it developed a fault where the screen would almost "crash" and you would lose all assistance, throttle, and the speedo would freeze. To get anything to work you had to turn it all off and start again.

After a while I figured out pulling on the brakes was causing it to crash, so I unplugged the brake sensors and got home fine.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Also, not sure if it's related, but the controller box seems to get rather warm, today was the first time I've looked at it during use, so maybe that's normal?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
How many pins for brakes on the 1T4 cable , 2 or 3 ?

Controller warm to the touch is normal esp in warm weather, if it gets vey hot to the touch then it needs more cooling as it will suffer from thermal cut out until it cools.

scbk

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2019
Highlands

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Look at the wire joint you made, are thye singularly insulated and not shorting.
For the Yose kit and any kit with brake levers, you have to carefully cut the ali lever a part to get the sensor wire complete then you can quite easily fix one to a hdb to make it work. You only need one to work and then seal off the spare connector to prevent moisture ingress.