Yose power kit

Naycrx

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2020
Hi,

new to the e bike world, basically I will now be using my bike to commute to work , purchased a Boardman cx . I cycle quite regularly, and spend most days doing 30mins to an hour on my turbo trainer through the winter
Hub Motor 36V350W Black Hub Motor for Rear Wheel 28"(700C) & HL1 36V12.5Ah Battery Conversion Kit DIY E-bike

the kit I am hovering my finger over is one above , my commute is 24 miles round trip , I still want to put the effort in that previously spend on my turbo, but I am hoping this kit will take the edge off slightly, is the above kit capable of helping me along my 24 mile round trip , will the battery lost the distance. There are a few rolling hill but nothing to demanding

many thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The kits aren't bad and looks like they have gone over Lishui as the KT 6 fet controllers have issues.
12.5ah should manage up to 40 miles, for battery longevity use PAS 1 & 2 only saving the higher assist for when needed only to get up hills if required. The more you cycle the battery at lower current levels the less the cycle ageing of the battery.

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
Hi Naycrx, I have just bought the same kit but the battery is a dud and have to wait for a replacement! the kit is good apart from that. There are bigger and better battery's out there. hard to tell if the £144 with 12.5ah would be enough and with that kit you would be stuck with a integrated lishui controller if you did require larger battery later you would need a new kt controller and display or hack the old one. As lishui controllers are not easy to find on there own. Sorry

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
At £144 the battery will be crap cells maybe/likely China unknown brand.

There are a few other options for kits.
Woosh who we know are excellent and come to the fore if you have an issue and usually send stuff out to for you to receive next day.
Cheap price isn't always best on kits,.
The Akiema motors are very good and Topbikekit have lots of kit options to choose from.
The Yose hubs are a bit high wound and are 280 - 300 rpm, a 230 - 260rpm is better option and if a lot of hills the 201rpm is ideal for climbing. If happy to be legal and max out at 16mph assisted then the 201 is ideal and will give better torque at lower speed.

Last edited:

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
You are right Nealh, They do a 16ah lg mh1 celled one for £212 not in stock tho and topbikekit will still be shut for the new year.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
MH1 hmmm, wasn't a great cell from the LG stable.

Naycrx

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2020
Good morning,

thanks for the information really

I think I will go for this ,

as then I can put the Samsung cells with it.

Original SAMSUNG Cell 36V11.6Ah Lithium-ion Battery Electric Bicycle Bottle New Black

Hub Motor 36V350W 28

Hub Motor 36V350W 28

Hub Motor 36V350W 28

Hub Motor 36V350W 28

Hub Motor 36V350W 28

Hub Motor 36V350W 28

Hub Motor 36V350W 28"(700C) Rear Motor Bicycle E-Bike Hub Conversion Kit Black DIY E-bike LCD Display

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
In case you are not aware, as the motor is marked 350w it would not be legal to use in the UK. It needs to be marked as 250w to conform to UK law. In the unlikely event you were ever stopped, the markings make it easy to see it is illegal. However odd it might seem, motors marked 250w would in all likelihood be just as powerful and would avoid this possible pitfall.

Naycrx

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2020
In case you are not aware, as the motor is marked 350w it would not be legal to use in the UK. It needs to be marked as 250w to conform to UK law. In the unlikely event you were ever stopped, the markings make it easy to see it is illegal. However odd it might seem, motors marked 250w would in all likelihood be just as powerful and would avoid this possible pitfall.
A

Hi,

Again thanks everyone for your input on this.
Do you have this kit that I'm looking at?

I have looked at the front wheel 250w kit aswell to be honest,

Do people think the kit would be better with the seperarte control and Samsung cell?

Or maybe just go. With the kit with the built in controller.. I'm still liking this Purley for the neatness of it

Hightechpete

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2018
west Wales
Do you have this kit that I'm looking at?
Yes, but with a different battery (only 7Ah) fitted to a Trek Shimano 105 10speed cassette. TBH rear motor is much nicer on a sports bike, the 10 speed cassette required deletion of the 1mm washer located between the cassette and wheel, and the wheel needed dishing by a couple of mm. Well worth the effort.

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
I was wanting front kit but they were out of stock at the time, so got the rear with battery. the battery is now getting collected tomorrow and they recon the replacement is the only one that they have left at there German warehouse. If you happen to get dud like i did you would have to wait a fair while on one from china. They are still on new year break until the 18th.

Naycrx

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2020
Right OK, I'll go for the kit without the battery and order another separately. My main thing is it gives me a little help over a 24 mile round Trip to work. Out of interest what milage do you get with your 7ah battery?

Naycrx

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2020
On the front wheel kit, it's max speed is 25kph I'm right in thinking once it gets to this speed the motor just cuts off?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The CST version I got had the wattage and serial etched on the side plate as in #7, for any one wanting 250w marking and only wants the hub then I would opt for the marked 250w AKM100CST for $99, it will run nicely up to 18a/20a with KT or any other sinewave stuff but not continuosuly.

Naycrx

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2020
Hi Is it possible to charge up battery at destination?
Hi,

Hmmm not really... I'm still really tempted to go for the one with the built in controller... 36v12.5 battery.... But its knowing it'll last 24 miles...

I usually average 16mph on the way to work and 18mph coming home...

But the kit will really just be for the odd hills I expect