YosePower eBay kit

Warwick2

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2021
Last weekend I converted a Dawes step-thru bike using a £420 YosePower kit. It was a comprehensive kit, including a front light and an enclosed BB sensor, rather than the magnetic disk type. Due to frame limitations, it came with a rear rack-mounted battery.

All in all, it was a simple conversion. The rack mounting bars put up a struggle, but got there in the end. I was impressed by the quality of all the components and it worked well once fitted.

While I was at it, I also resurrected a Panda kit and fitted it onto a Pompino. Aside from some rewiring, it was fairly straightforward. The main hurdle was getting the rivnuts into the frame to fit the battery mounts. The kit had been dormant almost 5 years, so it was with some relief that it fired into action once the new battery was fitted.

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
I well happy with my yose 250w kit. Sounds like a milk float is my only criticism. Also look out on YouTube reviews for discount codes but it's a great price for a first kit.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
The main hurdle was getting the rivnuts into the frame to fit the battery mounts.
This is better solution IMO:

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
A friend of mine made a kit out out of a metal bracket that can be bought cheap from DIY store, this is to fit a rivnut in a bike frame. He could not find a good YouTube video showing exactly how to drill frame and get rivnut in. Plenty of demos online, but not showing clearly how it all works. You can buy kits to install rivnuts but if your a bit DIY minded and rather make a kit, then I made a video showing how I fitted mine using my friends kit he made.
I've not edited it but I might just load it up as is.

Warwick2

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2021
The main issue with the rivnut was that the bloke doing that bit was clueless. The first one just twisted round in the frame and was too small anyway. The second attempt needed a couple of goes to get it fast in the frame, but it was fine after that.

One minor point was that the Dawes had brifters, so I couldn't fit the brake levers supplied.

There were a number of unused connectors. Can you buy caps to fit to these to keep damp, etc. Out?

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
For the yellow male brake connectors I've used Schrader valve caps. Open up the inside slightly with a suitable drill bit turned by hand, then fix in place with a thin strip of insulation tape. Not ideal, but better than nothing.
For fitting the battery slider to downtubes I've found this to be by far the best:-

It gives lots of position options once fitted and supports the plastic slider along its full length. No need to drill any holes for rivnuts. I've found it stable enough not to need the supplied hose clamps.
Available on Ebay or Amazon.

Reactions: Warwick2 and Az.