Yosepower hub kits.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
solder the wires together
I thought the XT90 would be enough am just going to wait and see if the new 17a has the same issues, I plugged the 15a (dolphin mount controller) in the other day and everything was perfect, I am slightly worried though because I think that's the last cheap dolphin mount out there otherwise it's £70 to replace... I am taking a leaf out of your book at the moment... looking at rear wheel bafang motors, I am thinking whole new kit, fresh start, my YOSE wheel was trued 2 months ago by the local bike shop and although it's still true the spokes are creaking, I might scrap the idea of a new battery for now and get a bafang kit but I do hate uncharted waters!

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
I thought the XT90 would be enough am just going to wait and see if the new 17a has the same issues, I plugged the 15a (dolphin mount controller) in the other day and everything was perfect, I am slightly worried though because I think that's the last cheap dolphin mount out there otherwise it's £70 to replace... I am taking a leaf out of your book at the moment... looking at rear wheel bafang motors, I am thinking whole new kit, fresh start, my YOSE wheel was trued 2 months ago by the local bike shop and although it's still true the spokes are creaking, I might scrap the idea of a new battery for now and get a bafang kit but I do hate uncharted waters!
I'm looking forward to replacing my freehub and see how long before the next problem. I thought that this kit would give me several years of problem-free riding which have not been the case. I always thought that the battery would be the component to give up first but so far my battery with "china cells" is the only thing that just works. Can't really complain about Yosepower though, they really take their responsibility within the guarantee period.

I've toyed with the idea of a bafang front wheel kit when this one has had it. Front wheel kits doesn't have a freehub and therefor should be even more troublefree. I'm not a fan of front wheel drive though...

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
So I changed the "cover plate freehub" today that yosepower sent me. The change itself was dead easy. There are no markings or serial numbers on the plate so not easy to find elsewhere but I do wonder if this is the same as the freehub cover plate for bafang. They sure do look the same.
The inside of the hub looked brand new so no water intrusion there, that's good.

In this post, almost a year ago when the kit was less than 1 month old I described a "scratching/rattling sound" from the casette/freehub when the wheel spun freely. This sound is gone with the new freehub meaning that my problem started almost immediately when the kit was brand new. One can only hope that there was something wrong with the freehub on this partiular hub from the very beginning.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
battery would be the component to give up
I was in the same boat on that one but my batteries are 3.5yrs old and not doing too bad considering they been dropped a few times.
I have to say I am a front hub advocate, my 1st 350w was front and a part from reading a few horror stories about suspension fork breaking I never had any major issues, it was plug n go really,I would say they do take a good beating with potholes and I will never know if mine died because it was badly made or if it was my first 2000 miles of gravel and potholes, I did manage to fix it and get another 2000 miles out of it and this was my next thought today, do a front again??... I have had a look and found one Bafang motor and wheel (rear) only it was £195.00 the front I found was not black, but I have to say both looked the same as the YOSE a part from embossed BAFANG stamped in the middle....

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
The freehub is sold by yosepower and is 20£ including express delivery with TNT. I guess I will be needing another one sooner or later so good to know.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I am going to call it a day with my rear YOSE 350w wheel after I heard a spoke like ping and found a small crack on the rim near one spoke nipple. Dare I say it would cost more to source new spokes and have a trusted shop rebuild the wheel then to purchase a new one at £135.00 for a front 350w bafang - As of now I will reinstall my 250w front, purchase the intended 48v battery and try the 250w over volted and see how that fares.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The 250w will work fine at 48v, just remember it will have 33% more torque and speed. Torque steering will be your biggest issue so keep hold of them bars and watch cornering.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
33% more torque
Yer I remember you mentioning that a distance post ago, good to know it'll be about the same as a 350w on the front. Just waiting on the next dual voltage controller to arrive

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You may want to be very careful and make sure it does not exceed 15.5mph by much.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
exceed 15.5mph
It already does 18 on the 36v setup 15a, I was thinking 19-20 max would that be a major issue? + I have had another look at the PSW 48v battery - its really cheap...

The lg cell used when google lists a "did you mean" "LGGEMB261865" and then a vid(battery doctor) saying they are one of the worse batteries hes seen from LG any thoughts?

Last edited:

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Hi can anyone help
When installing the disc brake rotor on the yose hub, I take it that the plastic washer/spacer is removed and the rotor fits directly onto the aluminium of the hub? And the plastic spacer is not used? Is that correct? Thank you

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Hi can anyone help
When installing the disc brake rotor on the yose hub, I take it that the plastic washer/spacer is removed and the rotor fits directly onto the aluminium of the hub? And the plastic spacer is not used? Is that correct? Thank you
correct, remove the plastic spacer before fitting. be careful to not overtighten the rotor screws, the motor hub metal that the rotor is screwed into is aluminium

Reactions: tunznath

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
correct, remove the plastic spacer before fitting. be careful to not overtighten the rotor screws, the motor hub metal that the rotor is screwed into is aluminium
Thank you for the reply, those screws that are supplied on the latest lishui controller hub kits are not great, one hex screw didnt fit the allen key and stripped the hex socket, had to remove it with a vise grip

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
are not great
Like Nealh mentions go careful, the threads are a bad in most parts, I like to try where possible to replace small screws if i will be using them at some point with better quality ones found on ebay for a few quid, I know its extra expense when said, however try and remove the motor side plate screws a few times if you think the disk brake screws are bad. Strangely enough my front 250w(yose) came with amazing quality screws for both motor side plate(allen key head) and the disk brake mount...edit ooh a pitch thread gauge might come in handy too

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Thank you for the screw info, the kit is finished, going to replace the disc screws.

Just a few questions on the Yose Power with Lishui controller, c500 display bike

If I pedal backwards fast from a standing start the motor turns on momentarily, going forwards - not nice, as before getting on I turn the pedals to get the left one at the bottom and right at the top, mostly by pedaling backwards??

Once I have finished a ride if I pull the bike backwards, like to park the bike there is a drag on the motor and it gets really hard to pull the bike backwards,it feels sort of like theres a rubber band in the motor if you can imagine that??

When using the throttle only the bike has a top speed of about 15 km?? ( the throttle works even when i havent pedaled even from standing start,( KT bike goes as fast as 30km lishui 15km??)

These are all very different to my wifes Yose Power
KT controller lcd3 bike

Anyone have ideas about settings to get the lishui yosepower more like the KT yosepower?

It is interesting to have both systems to compare, though the kt bike is 26 " and the lishui bike is 29"

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I know Lishui and KT are chalk and cheese when it comes to lcd settings, the Lishui is controller is programmed/optimised to work with the particular rpm motor used where as the KT we know is not so is more user friendly.

The hub should present little issues back wheeling check for brakes rubbing or mudguards/tyre conflict.
Also with the motor wheel raised off the ground try rotating manual by hand anti c/w to see if you can see any thing causing an issue, the hub should rotate anti c/w with just a whirr of the clutch engaging but no hard/severe resistance.

Some PAS may be double halled or possibly a false signal causes the back pedal motion for a nano second, being it is in mind try and simply set PAS to 0 to prevent it when back pedalling or apply the brake if a cut out is used.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Hi Nealh
Thanks for all the info, when backwheeling - I have disc brakes that arent binding and there are no mudguards to foul, and its a MTB, so tyres dont foul - its baffling, when you pull it backwards it feels like a rubber band tightening , getting tighter the further back you pull it, sort of like the gears are still engaged in the hub?? Weird, the KT bike does not do this, very happy with the way the KT hub performs,

On the lishui controller does anyone know the settings for the throttle speed setting, I dont know if i like how the lishui works on PAS 5 I can pedal at 35km an hour, and when i engage throttle and stop pedalling it is max 15km hr GRrr!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Don't back wheel the bike, lift up the rear wheel (off the ground ) manually rotate it backwards by hand how does it feel ?

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
I have a video, , i hung the bike up and pedalled forward, applied brakes manually rotated wheel backwards and the motor kicked in and ran forward for a second, could i email it to you

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
could i email it to you
I doubt you could email it to anyone unless the file size is under 25Mb or you are using a paid for email service, wetransfer is a large file share service I have used it on the odd occasion and it's free with no registration for either sender or receiver however it does require an email address from both parties - best bet is to post it on youtube and use the (ctrl+K) insert a link option or embed the media in your next post.