Yosepower hub kits.

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
I have finally ordered the 350w casette version 28"/700 and the Hailong (cheapish) battery. Managed to use the voucher for eBay Australia. Some creative solutions required, let's see if it works in the end :)

I'm really looking forward to testing this kit on my 1+ year old hybrid bicycle!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
voucher for eBay Australia
Nice one - How much did you pay in total if you don't mind saying & where did you source the voucher code from?... I am near to the funds total for the rear 26in 350w 48V can not wait for spring!

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
Got it from hotukdeals but if you go to ebay.com.au you'll see little banners for the offer. It's valid until tomorrow.

I paid 160£ for the battery and 182£ for the ebike kit including postage. The voucher has a MAX of 50AUD but I purchased them separately with one account for me and one account for my wife. Thus getting 10% on the whole order except the postage which was 10£

Edit: I just got confirmation that both orders have been shipped.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Nice work Olleman - vouchering and using two accounts, talk about crazy deals o_O the kit I want is £165 direct from them and I am not sure but there might be a £10 p&p charge, I haven't checked ebay yet

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
Yeah, I went all in on that one :) Got tired of waiting for a voucher that had a higher MAX value. We have 10cm of snow here at the moment and had -15C last night so I can take my time putting it all together :)

I feel that buying via eBay gives a little more security if anything should go wrong. I have the whole "negative feedback" thing to use if they don't take their responsibility...

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Oooh -15C i feel like sunbathing now, its 1C with glorious sunshine where I am!:cool:

You should be fine - Yose are fairly good on customer service imo, I had the 4to1 cable die on me and after a few communication issues via email they sent me another one free, under warranty + I assume you paid via paypal if you did, then they are on point when it comes to automatic refunds I have used that method before with amazing success however not with YOSE i will add, just some stupid little purchases where by the item was not as described.

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
Can't really complain about the delivery time. Both parcels have been delivered today. Now the fun part begins. Actually, having an eBike in 15cm of snow might be kinda funny!

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
My Yosepower GT MTB performing brilliantly in this mornings snow, great fun
IMG_20190201_081658.jpg

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
I'm starting to think that perhaps I should convert a MTB instead....seems like a lot of fun!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
.seems like a lot of fun
My dear friend - it IS! - Jel though our snow got rained away:mad:

Oooh can we buy snow chains for bikes or even make some???:eek:

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
hm...I was at it all night yesterday. My wife wasn't that pleased but I let her watch "Sex education" on Netflix all alone and everything was fine :)

Fine, is not how I would describe the build though. Everything went fine with changing cassette, tire etc but when I got to the crank arm I was stuck. I literally worked with this thing for hours. I have checked and rechecked that there's no washer inside. I have threaded the outside part of the tool all the way in and I'm using as much force as I dare to - I have already made some light damage to the threads of the tool. I have banged on the end of the tool, I have banged on the crank arm itself with a screw driver, applied heat with a heat gun, WD40 etc but this thing won't let go. Anyone have any tips, I'm running out of ideas!

20190202_083422_resized.jpg

Also, I'm wondering about the cable coming out of the motor. The cable is bent upwards at this time, to avoid a loop on the cable (I actually need every cm of the cable to reach the controller bag). I'm worried about water intrusion though. How have all of you done this?

20190202_083408_resized.jpg

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
Are you using the crank removal tool which came with the kit? When I converted my bike the one supplied would not remove the cranks but I have a better quality one which enabled me to use a 1/2" ratchet from a socket set and they came off relatively easily as I found using an adjustable spanner was no good.

The cable should be facing downwards to stop water ingress, you need to take the wheel out and turn the axle through 180 degrees.

Good luck and let us know how you go on.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Cranks ares can be a b#tch to get off and it looks like you have one that is. Crank the puller as tight as you can and give it a sharp blow or two. Failing this, you really need some decent heat around the arm, blow torch if you can borrow one show do it,leaving the tool tight in place. Your motor spindle is up side down it the drop out,so take it out and turn it 180' so the cable is exiting pointing down.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
As lyme says, sometimes those free crank pullers are made of a form of liquorice and can't apply the pressure needed to crack the taper. Bigger hammer.....On the plus side when you do get it off, it looks like you have the right type of BB, so your PAS sensor should go on without any problems:D

Reactions: lyme

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I also think you'll be all mightily hacked off if and when you do get the crank arm off and install the PAS as discussed many times before on this thread the actual PAS is regarded as many as, politely put NOT GOOD....One good thing is if you don't like it you can use your throttle without the PAS plugged in, you might need to change a few settings, hit us all back if you need SETTINGS advice.

http://www.topbikekit.com/ktd12l-dual-hall-sensor-signals-easy-installation-with-3pins-waterproof-connector-p-610.html

I purchased this one, and YES p&p is pricey - I have yet to install it but I have electrically tested it and it works, I also believe others have purchased one from these, and have it installed and working.

cm of the cable to reach the controller bag
Did you not get a motor to controller extension cable? I did get the front hub so I got one but I am not sure if you get one with the rear kit, however I assumed you would - egroover may have help with this question.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
PAS is regarded as many as, politely put NOT GOOD
I've never had a problem with those PAS sensors,they work great. I've had to modify a couple with the Dremil and remove a small amount from the inside of the crank arm, but I guess the difficulty can sometimes be down to the tools you have available.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Dremil and remove a small amount from the inside
True, I have never owned a Dremil nor did I give the YOSE PAS much use before I decided I did not like it.... But still after all the effort taking the crank arm off its more hassle if you shave bits down to get it to fit/work

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
Hello!

Still can't get the damn thing off. I don't dare to do more violence with a hammer. I think I'll have to bite the bullet and go to the bicycle workshop on monday - hate this, I wanted to solve this myself :)

Yes, the PAS sensor should fit nicely once I have the arm off.

I have turned the motor axle 180 so that's fixed. If someone could give me advice on which settings I need to change to use the throttle I'd appreciate it. I can use the throttle if I also activate the walk assist but that's not practical...

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I also think you'll be all mightily hacked off if and when you do get the crank arm off and install the PAS as discussed many times before on this thread the actual PAS is regarded as many as, politely put NOT GOOD....One good thing is if you don't like it you can use your throttle without the PAS plugged in, you might need to change a few settings, hit us all back if you need SETTINGS advice.

http://www.topbikekit.com/ktd12l-dual-hall-sensor-signals-easy-installation-with-3pins-waterproof-connector-p-610.html

I purchased this one, and YES p&p is pricey - I have yet to install it but I have electrically tested it and it works, I also believe others have purchased one from these, and have it installed and working.
The beauty of this PAS is that you don't need to remove the crank arm at all, it comes in two halves, and the retaining clip can be fed over the crank arm, so would be ideal for Olleman