Yosepower hub kits.

dav

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2018
croatia
also fuse from battery is intact. Controller is burned and malfunctioning in a way when I connect battery it starts burning at connection point with battery again, I cut wires and tried again with the same result. Motor is working, as pas, LCD and power button.

I do not understand what is causing the problem since it is not battery, voltmeter reads 40V as it should. Why would one controller malfunction and then replacement controller burn out in 24h ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you get a sparks and a bang then the polarity is wrong some where, other wise I would think there must be a fault with the 1t4 trunk cable causing an issue.
You will need to contact Yose who appear to be good at standing by there product and will likely send out replacement controller/trunk lead.

Reactions: dav

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
but then at one climb julet connector that connects battery with this new controller ''exploded'' and started burning.
Not good
Any Pics??

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
sounds like some wires or connector from the battery can't handle the amp draw, when I used the yose controller I connected the battery via the dolphin attachment that had two wires rated 20 amps then used a waterproof connector to join that to the julet controller wire and that connector was rate at 20 amps

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
I got reply back from them;

"
Dear customer,
Thank you for your email.
But sorry, we don't have more 48V controller to send from Berlin.
Have a nice day!"

I replied

"
Hello again. Mine has stopped working. Do you have any to send out from China/elsewhere please? The delivery time doesn’t matter.

Thank you.
"

Then I banged my head on my keyboard :( lol

dav

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2018
croatia
Not good
Any Pics??
There is not much to see other than burned julet connector. I did took pictures but my camera is not good for close range. Ground wire got burned from controller into julet and from julet to battery is intact.

Im in contact with yosepower and wish this will be history soon.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
China/elsewhere please?
See if you get a response to that first....

Or you could go 15amp its 2 amps less than the YOSE controller and I am nearly 100% sure this one will work (again do your research and don't blame me if it doesn't work) However with it being 15 amp and not 17 amp you will loose some speed, that said you could ask YOSE to inform you when the next stock is going to Germany or check the site/email them regularly and use it as a stop gap.

http://www.topbikekit.com/t06s-24v36v250w-torque-simulation-sine-wave-with-julei-waterproof-connector-p-732.html

Just make sure you get some solid connectors to wire in the battery, the correct way round this time lol

Reactions: quackstar84

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
See if you get a response to that first....

Or you could go 15amp its 2 amps less than the YOSE controller and I am nearly 100% sure this one will work (again do your research and don't blame me if it doesn't work) However with it being 15 amp and not 17 amp you will loose some speed, that said you could ask YOSE to inform you when the next stock is going to Germany or check the site/email them regularly and use it as a stop gap.

http://www.topbikekit.com/t06s-24v36v250w-torque-simulation-sine-wave-with-julei-waterproof-connector-p-732.html

Just make sure you get some solid connectors to wire in the battery, the correct way round this time lol
Thank you.

I'd rather lose speed than for it to pop my battery. =) I guess i'll also lose torque though? =/ oh well.

I will do lol. Thanks again.

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Hello gents. Still no word from yose but I asked this question to topbikekit;

"
Do you carry an KT48ZWSRTD-EP01 or an 48v controller which is companionable with this kit from yose; https://www.yosepower.com/en/product/Hub-Motor-48V350W-26"-Rear-Motor-Bicycle-E-Bike-Hub-Conversion-Kit-Black-DIY-E-bike-LCD-Display-143.html

Thank you.

Darren."

And the reply

"
Hi Darren,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Yes, sure, you can choose our T-09S controller with waterproof connector:
http://www.topbikekit.com/t09s-36v48v500w-torque-simulation-sine-wave-controller-with-julei-waterproof-connector-p-760.html

The only different is the battery connector.
This controller Rated current is 11A, max current is 22A, it will work more good for the 350W controller.
Hope it can help you.
Any question please feel free to contact us.
Thanks."

So it will work better for the 350w controller? =/

Thank you gentlemen.

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Gees... "companionable" lol i'm dyslexic myself and use google to find words... sometimes I just take the words I assume are right and go with it... but compatible doesn't look anything like companionable lol. Oh well.... I was tired.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
i'm dyslexic
I did try and warn you about chinglish lol the TS09 is similar to the controller I linked for you above however by a quick glance it is dual voltage and like mentioned 22 amp if you do decide on a 22 amp maybe look at C5 in the LCD3 manual, don't forget I have not tried this setting yet but C5=9 should give 20 amps, C5=6 should give 17.6 amps like the YOSE controller(ish)...

All jokes aside I have had no problems with Topbikekit even though their customer service is not great at English or google translate they do provide a good service if you over look the delivery charge...

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I did try and warn you about chinglish lol the TS09 is similar to the controller I linked for you above however by a quick glance it is dual voltage and like mentioned 22 amp if you do decide on a 22 amp maybe look at C5 in the LCD3 manual, don't forget I have not tried this setting yet but C5=9 should give 20 amps, C5=6 should give 17.6 amps like the YOSE controller(ish)...

All jokes aside I have had no problems with Topbikekit even though their customer service is not great at English or google translate they do provide a good service if you over look the delivery charge...
Ouch, £23 delivery on a £27 controller, might of tried this if they weren't taking the p155 on the delivery charge

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A bit of a mountain out of a mole hill being made selecting a controller if is has to many amps simply use C5 parameter to reduce amp/draw load.
The Julet one I linked to in #879 will do the job if your main julet trunk wire is 9 pin and a match for the one listed in the link.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014

Thank you again!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH