EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Bringing the total to over $17.5 million, Zero Motorcycles seem to be doing well in the States and Australia. Interesting read from tech crunch.

Not so much in the UK - the UK's only dealer has two used models: About Electric Motorcycles the UK's first dedicated Zero Motorcycles dealership | Electric Motorcycles[/QUOTE]

Wow! My wife was fascinated by the reference to 'this nice young lady' in the illustration. Joyce went to the trouble of passing the driving test for motorcycles, and put up with the hassle of riding and maintaining a series of 250cc machines for years - if only she had known how much simpler for her tiny girly mind an electric bike would be! (She knows now!):confused:

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
I've looked in to electric bikes before. The vectrix maxi scooter seemed to be the pick of the crop http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/automobiles/autoreviews/09VECTRIX.html but costs well over 5 grand. What we need to see is a bike or big scooter that could do 60mph+ and have a 100mile+ range, from a reputable 'existing' bike manufacturer so service/warranty issues wouldn't be a problem.....and a price of around 3 grand. THEN I'd have one!

You can buy a decent 125 for around £1,500. Why does it cost so much to make a battery bike?

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
... and it needs to fly and tow a caravan...

Batteries are getting more compact with greater capacity and cheaper too.
For instance, our latest 60Volt 3000W Retro Scooter will have removable lithium 32Ah batteries and cost £2,295.

But it will not fly, unfortunately, and will not be available until March.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
seling on fourm

Default Businesses - PLEASE READ
If you are (or represent) a business, then we welcome your participation in the forum subject to the following:

1. Your register with your company name or identify your company in your posts.

2. You do not actively sell or promote your products in order to generate commercial gain for your company.

3. No signature links to external websites.

4. You are permitted to respond to user queries or provide expert unbiased advice as well as take part in the general discussion within the forum.

Have you not read this Juicy Bikes

Frank

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Frank - I've nothing to hide, and am just providing new information regarding the cost of electric scooters.
If you would like me to remove my post above, just ask, and I will.

I hope you find these forums as useful as I have done, and at some point in the future you manage to contribute some useful advice or information too.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In previous general discussion about this commercial promotion issue, the majority of members said they appreciated posts from suppliers notifying new products with basic details.

Basically it seems widely acceptable if it's news, not so if hype, aggressive promotion or focused on comparisons with so-called "inferior" features of rival products.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Advertising

The above rules are published I coped word by word

These are the rules off the forum

Who are you to change them

I think Juicy bike should be banned for breaking them

I know other who have been

Frank

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I haven't changed anything Frank. I merely politely drew attention to the opinions of the majority of members on this issue.

There are also rules about rude and abusive behaviour, but you seem very selective about what you want to observe, judging by your rude misrepresentation of what I posted and some of your posts elsewhere.

Nor do you know of anyone banned for breaking the commercial rules, so that's a lie. After all, as the first ever member of this forum I should know.

Last edited:

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Name

Hi JUICY BIKE

I see
the telephone number and link to your web site has come back

next email will be to the Moderator to complain

You should be removed you have read the rules and blatantly are breaking them

Frank

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Frank
I was hoping to take part in a discussion about the cost of technology.
What do you think about the original post?
Kind regards
Bob Wales
Juicy Bike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi JUICY BIKE

I see
the telephone number and link to your web site has come back

Frank
Many of the commercial members post their telephone numbers which are helpful to customers seeking service or advice on their products. Why are you picking on Juicy Bikes?

Also see my post above.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
I have not been in any way aggressive or rude

I pointed out the rules which everybody agrees to on sinning up for the form

I just tell it as it is

Frank

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I'm leaving this topic in the hope that it moves on.
Frank, you win, I'm off. Flecc - I don't think this gentleman need be taken seriously. I am fairly thick skinned!

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
Oh lord :rolleyes:

As a non-partisan member of this forum I'd like to say that I think most of us are aware enough to dismiss flagrant advertising for what it is, and to discern when contributers are being genuinely helpful. If someone wants to post a link to a product that they happen to be selling in order to substantiate a point, then I see no problem. If a member is in the market for such a product, then surely its in their interest to be aware of any options out there. The rest of us may have a look out of casual interest, but that doesn't mean we'll be reaching for the credit card. I believe the rules are there to prevent repetitive spamming of the board, that's all.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc - I don't think this gentleman need be taken seriously. I am fairly thick skinned!
Yes, you are probably right. I just don't like to see one person or company unfairly picked upon, especially by someone who has only just joined the forum and resorted to abusing another member by his fifth post and seems inclined to continue in this vein.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi I take on board you comments He is not an individual he is Juicy bike

Why don't I see a paid add on the forum

I presume this helps keep this forum alive

Frank

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
... and it needs to fly and tow a caravan...

Batteries are getting more compact with greater capacity and cheaper too.
For instance, our latest 60Volt 3000W Retro Scooter will have removable lithium 32Ah batteries and cost £2,295.

But it will not fly, unfortunately, and will not be available until March.
"... and it needs to fly and tow a caravan..." bit cheeky:D

Seriously though, there's just nothing on the market at present that would suit me. I can cope on a regular bike for the 20 mile round trip commute. The ebike gets used if I feel a bit iffy. The motorbike is now only used for the odd trip down to family in Milton Keynes. If I could buy a leccy bike or scooter capable of motorway speeds, with a 120 mile range, I'd get shut of the motorbike.......there are loads of people in my position who wouldn't shell out for a machine unless it could meet this criteria. Also the prices of commuting distance leccy scoots/bikes are just waaaaay too much at present. Give me a scooter with a 40 mile range, 40 mph top speed (30 mph is just not a safe top speed), 2 year warranty, and lowish weight for decent/safe handling, for around the price of a 125 and I'd be at the front of the queue.;)