Zhejiang OKAY Electric bikes

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
these Chinese bikes all look familair in spec and style.

are they available here?

May be OK if cheap...I'll take a punt on a step through for the wife:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The site says container quantities, 76 in a 20' container, 202 in a 40' container, obviously hoping for an importer.

Not worth bothering with really as it's just another Chinese parts bin bike and we've had plenty of them previously. Most brought in only stay on the market for a short while and then the few owners are stumped for replacement batteries.

With the make of 8 or 10 Ah hour Li-ion batteries unspecified, I wouldn't bank on long life from them anyway.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
The site says container quantities, 76 in a 20' container, 202 in a 40' container, obviously hoping for an importer.

Not worth bothering with really as it's just another Chinese parts bin bike and we've had plenty of them previously. Most brought in only stay on the market for a short while and then the few owners are stumped for replacement batteries.

With the make of 8 or 10 Ah hour Li-ion batteries unspecified, I wouldn't bank on long life from them anyway.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

the worst is ignorance in electric bikes as there are many on e-bay 1-3 years old and people new to them have no idea about what the battery condition will be after that spell, there is a bike on there now saying only done 20 miles in total , lovely condition ect..oh and its 7 years old...:eek: ...and then some of the sellers know this...e-bay and the like can be very good and very bad...you HAVE to do homework befor you buy anything and that includes something that may seem as simple as a bike...

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Good point Keith but it is the same with most purchases. some impulse buy and others like most of us on here do our homework....

It is sad, and you feel like letting the bidders know. but you can't via E*ay:rolleyes:

most auctions make very good money. probably better of buying new as a good chance you will end up needing a battery pretty soon anyway

I am after a new telly and the spec and choice there as well is bewildering:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I am after a new telly and the spec and choice there as well is bewildering:D
Quite true, but there is a way of drastically reducing the range of choice these days. Loudspeakers have always been a neglected part of TVs, often little more than a design afterthought with consequences on sound quality. That's especially true with todays flat screen TVs, some of them with very poor sound from small speakers crammed in at one edge or at the sides.

So if decent sound quality is at all important to you, do some channel changing in a large store with plenty of set choice to try, seeking bits of music to check the sound quality. The ads on commercial channels often have bursts of music, or try punching in the numbers for the BBC's predominantly music freeview radio programs, 701, 702 and 703 for Radios 1, 2 and 3 or your favourite radio channel. You might be surprised at how poor some of them are in comparison with others, and with the choice narrowed, you can finally judge on picture quality.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Duh....the screen selection is daunting enough!:)

anyway I have a seperate surround system...over to AV forum I believe lol

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Duh....the screen selection is daunting enough!:)

anyway I have a seperate surround system...over to AV forum I believe lol
Well if you use the AV system for the TV sound all the time it doesn't matter of course. :)

I keep the Hi-Fi system separates apart from the TV and use one of Sony's sound specific TVs, some models in the Bravia range being designed for best sound quality. Makes the choice easier, though they are at premium prices.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Now flecc, you are being uncharacteristically very naughty!:)

Sony Bravia are pooh compared to pioneer plasma's lol

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Now flecc, you are being uncharacteristically very naughty!:)

Sony Bravia are pooh compared to pioneer plasma's lol
The larger ones are, but it's not true of some of the smaller range, though I agree the majority can be inferior to several others. I've swapped from a distant large screen to a smaller closer and better quality one.

For the larger screens the Pioneers are certainly very good, probably because they've been making them longer than most. Sony hung onto CRT for too long and got caught out.