1st Build With Reclaimed Batteries

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
There was a sky news presenter who moved to the BBC with a huge pay increase and some of the BBC wages are astronimical and make no sense at all like Zoe Ball. However I have to agree with you with regards the past wage situation. I too remember when ITV stole from the BBC but that was a long time ago when advertising revenue was huge and ITV had lots of money. They don't have that nowadays, advertising revenue is much reduced compared to the old days. I would say now the BBC pays more. However its a mute point as commercial companies can pay what they like because they have that right as independent commercial companies. It's different for the BBC they are financed by forced subscriptions so how they use money should be fair and not excessive. I personally think wage differentials in this country are far too high. In many countries they are nowhere near as excessive.

Of course many people pay the license fee because they want access to live tv and that doesn't have to be the BBC.

I don't think 95% of homes do have a tv license it makes no sense with the huge amount of people who have stopped buying a tv license and that has been going on for quite a number of years and last year was around 2 million homes who gave it up. There are 25 million homes approx and there must be at least 5 million homes no longer paying. Recently in parliament they were discussing moving the funding as an additional council tax payment. They wouldn't be doing that if there wasn't a crisis in tv licensing. Of course you can't find solid information on how many homes are no longer licensed online maybe because that will make it seem acceptable to others to stop. I stopped about 4 years ago and I certainly wasn't an early person to stop the tv license.

If you exclude all the other years and just add last years 2 million homes into the mix. 2 out of 25 is 8% of homes not 5%. There is something deeply wrong with the manipulative propeganda figures the BBC and TV licensing is giving out. I don't believe their information is truthful based on other data.
they will get you with there mafia enforcement van :eek:

we have a virgin tv box and can watch bbc on that but we can also use a pc or tablet to use it online via the virgin web site but you can not watch any bbc channels on it.

same as the iplayer i cant use it unless i log in to it so they have dug the own grave and knows it and why bbc studios was set up in 2015 as a ltd private company as a bolt hole.

id get rid of the phone and tv box but mum still watches the crap like EastEnders ect and as no one watches that on the tv streaming sites says it all as links are not even posted.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Rubbish, no-one has to pay as BonzoBanana has shown. It is an option that most of us prefer to take.
That is not entirely true. I tried to not pay for TV license for few years, but they use mafia tactics, send enforcers, send letters and try to intimidate people. In the end my wife gave up and now she is paying for it. I disagree, but it gives her peace of mind so we pay this tax.