3-D Printer

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Pretty cool tech.
I dread Hermes/Evripackagelost deliveries and avoid them like the plague they are. I assume because of couriers thieving packages, they recently started photographing me while handing over a package, which will I guess enable AI to rule the world by taking over 3D printers to print themselves massive weaponed armies with superior bodied minds than normal humans. Annoyingly, some snap pics while delivering packages they could easily have posted through the letterbox.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Don't confuse 3D scanners with photogrammetry, above link is not a 3D scanner but a mechanical aid to take photos of an object that then needs lots of work to stitch together to get anything useable (photogrammetry).

True 3D scanners scan using light and give far superior results.

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
This is a battery box with supports I printed for the contents of a Yose power 15 Ah silverfish, that had a failed switch and BMS. I was going to write this up as a thread on the forum, but the bike got stolen one week after I finished the project, I didn't even get a chance to take a photo with the correct length bolts fitted to the end flange. Grrrrr!!! If people are interested, I'll post here how I did it.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I was going to write this up as a thread on the forum, but the bike got stolen one week after I finished the project
Did the thieving scum get their warty hands on your battery too?

To make objects which fit around strange shapes, do 3D contour gauges which output measurements exist?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
They got the bike and the battery as it was attached at the time.
They'd not get far with a bike on fire - I'm starting to suspect @saneagle's idea of installing a device which shorts the battery after being stolen, is a great one.

Last edited:

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
They'd not get far with a bike on fire - I'm starting to suspect @saneagle's idea of installing a device which shorts the battery after a specified period of time left locked unattended, is a great one.
especially if the flame plume of hot gasses can be directed straight up the seat post..
@WheezyRider your unique battery was just too much of a temptation, next time dont do such a good job ;)

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
the only difference is that mine is self-calibrating, self-testing and self-feeding.
Seems to do a lot.

Cant make a you tea though but can print off a cup.