48v 15ah battery only charging to 53.2v

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
I think the shark case will be 5 cells in parallel so 75a draw with up to 100a for spikes of high current.
Ideally you should consider fitting a pas sensor and magnet ring to give the battery a bit of an easier time instead of full throttle every where.
I think the shark case will be 5 cells in parallel so 75a draw with up to 100a for spikes of high current.
Ideally you should consider fitting a pas sensor and magnet ring to give the battery a bit of an easier time instead of full throttle every where.
Hi again got a quite for 600 quid..lg mh1 30ah 52v...30amp bms.... what's your thoughts if you don't mind...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
MH1 is that 9 cells in parallel ?
Battery specs 9p 14s ?

You need really good cells.
A 6p Samsung 30Q will be lighter.

Get a quote from Jimmy @ BGA Reworking.
1A Gateway Mews,
Bounds Green,
London N11 2UT.
0208 361 1790

Tell him you have 35a controller and what your requirments are in capacity and battery housing you require or have.

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Battery specs 9p 14s ?

1A Gateway Mews,
Bounds Green,
London N11 2UT.
0208 361 1790

Tell him you have 35a controller and what your requirments are in capacity and battery housing you require or have.
Hi nealh...he said it will be 10s 14s 31.5ah...also said he can sow me a bag to fit...he is sell8ng homemade bikes that look like stealth bombers on his eBay page...5000w sorta things ...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you want 30ah it's your money so buy it if you want it.
Will the battery and bag be stable and secure on your bike, will it fit in the triangle ok. A 10p 14s battery is going to be mighty heavy and a whopping 1664wh.

MH1 in 10p config will be good for 70amp rating.
So twice the max load of you controller giving plenty of head room.
Although LG rate it as a 10a cell, independent unbiased testing shows it suffers some damage if 10a load is applied though it is safe to use but for longer life 7a is the ideal loading per cell.
In you case the max load will be circa 3.5a per cell so safe to use in a 10p config but would be a poor choice if they were used in the same case as your 29e's.

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
If you want 30ah it's your money so buy it if you want it.
Will the battery and bag be stable and secure on your bike, will it fit in the triangle ok. A 10p 14s battery is going to be mighty heavy and a whopping 1664wh.

MH1 in 10p config will be good for 70amp rating.
So twice the max load of you controller giving plenty of head room.
Although LG rate it as a 10a cell, independent unbiased testing shows it suffers some damage if 10a load is applied though it is safe to use but for longer life 7a is the ideal loading per cell.
In you case the max load will be circa 3.5a per cell so safe to use in a 10p config but would be a poor choice if they were used in the same case as your 29e's.
Yes agree 30ah gives me a lot of safety as far as draw goes..as it is I'm am going to order the 30ah triangle and the 17.5ah tiger pack from jimmy...£1000 on batterys fu*k it, only get to live once and I've spent far more on drones haha..thank you for all your advise

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
I have a 27 amp triangle pack at 36 v before you buy think how will it fit and can you mount it securely to the frame
The seller has taken frame measurements I gave him, and said he will also fit a bag. His mum makes the bags lol...paying through eBay and he says 1 year warranty. Will let u know how it all pans out...

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I have tried bags even the luna cycles one I did not get on with it:( so have new battery from jimmy frame mounted very happy with it :D

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Got that exact same battery from Jimmy over a year ago, it`s hooked up to a BBS HD set at 30A - absolutely no problems so far.
Cant see why you would need anything else especially a big heavy triangle pack adding to the weight.
I hear you all, I just want mega range...

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Got that exact same battery from Jimmy over a year ago, it`s hooked up to a BBS HD set at 30A - absolutely no problems so far.
Cant see why you would need anything else especially a big heavy triangle pack adding to the weight.
How much average range do u get with the battery if you don't mind me asking...I know it depends on many factors...

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The triangle is great thing for long range you can ride all day:D but your bum goes numb:( and the saddle imprint :oops: I have not ben able to run it flat but you will recharge it just to get that extra fresh battery oomph .
I now have the 21ah from jimmy with ga cells yes the range is slightly less , but I can live with that, the difference is I can now lift it over a 5 bar gate and the bike handles as it lost a few pounds

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
Battery specs 9p 14s ?

1A Gateway Mews,
Bounds Green,
London N11 2UT.
0208 361 1790

Hi nealh... this is a spec if a battery on his eBay page but am I being stupid in saying the 126 cells he quoted are in this pack cannot make up a 48v 30ah battery if the are 3200mh1 as he claims??..

Reactions: joelectric

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it is 14s then 126 cells is 9p 14s and 28.8ah/1498wh for the LG MH1.

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
If it is 14s then 126 cells is 9p 14s and 28.8ah/1498wh for the LG MH1.
Ok so management cancel purchase of 30ah battery as he got some bad feedback saying battery would not fully charge lol...lucky escape...phoned Jimmy...ended up chatting a while he certainly likes batterys.. got a 17ah 52v made sanyo 2170 cells...he said has never made a ebike pack out of the larger cells before but after some reaserch I believe I will get more cycles from this pack....did not come cheap at £625, but I'm sure it will serve me well for at least 2 years...I am also going to buy a cheap 15ah battery from dhgate seller to keep on my rack as a get me.home emergency battery....if any 1 has any good China sellers they know plz let me know.... thanks for every1s input...

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex

lol!.. I say to everyone to put aside at least half an hour if you`re going to speak to Jim - what he doesn`t know about batteries isn`t worth knowing!

btw, did he say what case he`s using for your new battery?
Yes he's using the tiger/shark...but cannot fit the battery life less on as the bigger cells will not let him...no biggy, I have and lcd3 andnit know the voltage read out is not 100% accurate it should be enough to reference .... I suppose with jimmy you are paying for peace of mind...

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex

lol!.. I say to everyone to put aside at least half an hour if you`re going to speak to Jim - what he doesn`t know about batteries isn`t worth knowing!

btw, did he say what case he`s using for your new battery?
Yes he will be using the tiger shark case with 20700 cells..