BBS01B 36v 250w Default Settings Request

Devon Chris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2018
Devon
Know what you mean. These things are made at different factories and to different specs for various suppliers who probably tinker with the settings even more. The supplier I bought mine off on ebay I asked what warranty I get and he never came back lol.

I was hovering between 250 and 350 when I bought it and wish I just went 350.

I can see myself ending up with two ebikes lol

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
I've emailed Dillinger as they look to supply the 350w controller for £99.View attachment 25464
Dilinger ar pricier on everything ive seen.You can get cheaper than that in uk. I wouldnt worry about buying a small item from a chinese company either. I bought a kt controller from ali express.Arrived in a week and incurred no duty. i believe you only pay duty if over £130 value. I went with the 350w. I think its best to have 18-20 amps for hills

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Dilinger ar pricier on everything ive seen.You can get cheaper than that in uk. I wouldnt worry about buying a small item from a chinese company either. I bought a kt controller from ali express.Arrived in a week and incurred no duty. i believe you only pay duty if over £130 value. I went with the 350w. I think its best to have 18-20 amps for hills
You will pay VAT on goods over £15 though, which needs to be factored in when purchasing. Does seem to be a courier lottery though. You'll get a courier's fee slapped on too. I've never slipped through DHL's net on high value goods. Royal Mail is hit or miss on high value goods. Chinese post seems to have the highest success for slipping through the net, but I think they've clamped down on this recently.

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
You will pay VAT on goods over £15 though, which needs to be factored in when purchasing. Does seem to be a courier lottery though. You'll get a courier's fee slapped on too. I've never slipped through DHL's net on high value goods. Royal Mail is hit or miss on high value goods. Chinese post seems to have the highest success for slipping through the net, but I think they've clamped down on this recently.
My complete kit came from aliexpress motor and battery £525 the lot ..no import duty..

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Hi fordulike.What sort of vat & duty do u think id pay on a bbshd from aliexpress or dhgate? Eclipse and ebike sales are sold out but both will work out around £580.The chinese companies around £450.NOT inc any uk duty & vat and of course...if anything goes wrong,like my bbs01 controller did...

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Just the vat at 20% is £90 then duty then the courier charge it could be a fair amount
But for peace of mind if it does need repair a uk purchase I think is worth it is not far out on cost If it does get stopped.Or try one that keeps eu stock
But in the end it is personal choice. But i have noticed prices keep going up with each relist on Ebay

• Agree
Reactions: Fordulike

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Just the vat at 20% is £90 then duty then the courier charge it could be a fair amount
But for peace of mind if it does need repair a uk purchase I think is worth it is not far out on cost If it does get stopped.Or try one that keeps eu stock
But in the end it is personal choice. But i have noticed prices keep going up with each relist on Ebay
Thanks peter thats a helluva whack.I suppose its only wortwhile on low cost items.I was not charged on the kt controller i bought for example.Must be different thresholds of charges.Have you seen any with euro based bbshd stock?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
VAT is charged based on the value on the customs declaration form on the package. ME, did you see the link to Electron Cycles I put on your other Thread?

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
VAT is charged based on the value on the customs declaration form on the package. ME, did you see the link to Electron Cycles I put on your other Thread?
Cheers wheelipete i somehow missed it ,no little red flag notifier.Ive just gone there and bought one,hee hee the 1700w programmed one.Might as well be hung for a sheep than a lamb.Got my bbs01 for general pooding distances.

Shame typical just when i bought the battery sunday they were out of stock for few days an pulled the advert.Back in stock now .i could have saved 25 quid buying together.Battery already here.He said kit be delivered next day

Last edited:

Devon Chris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2018
Devon
Dillinger came back and they said they offer the 250w controller only. When I asked if I can have a programmed 18 amp one they said they only supply 15 amp ones. Going to leave it now as did another 20 miles today and getting used to it more. Will probably dive in at the 350w deep end next summer.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Shame typical just when i bought the battery suday they were out of stock for few days an pulled the advert.Back in stock now .i could have saved 25 quid buying together.Battery already here.He said kit be delivered next day
You should of asked him for the discount as you have just bought a battery from him. He gives away a pair of hydraulic brake sensors as well with the full kit.:)What bike are you putting it on?

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Dillinger came back and they said they offer the 250w controller only. When I asked if I can have a programmed 18 amp one they said they only supply 15 amp ones. Going to leave it now as did another 20 miles today and getting used to it more. Will probably dive in at the 350w deep end next summer.
If u going to break the law u might as well get 1000w or 2000w. Ive got a 350w bbs01 its great for my regular cycling but u always want more...Just bought a bbshd kit from electron cycles, tuned to 1700w... for a naughty bike.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
It's great to have both, 350 for a bit of a workout and the other for when you feel naughty and want a bit of fun. I'm thinking about Phaserunner and 72v a lot at the moment, feeling very naughty:D

• :D
Reactions: minexplorer

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
You should of asked him for the discount as you have just bought a battery from him. He gives away a pair of hydraulic brake sensors as well with the full kit.:)What bike are you putting it on?
I rang up an chatted ,did mention it but he said something about they already paid ebay charges so they cant.Mentioned i should adjust rear derailer so cogs lower than 14-15t cant be used.The kit says comes with hydraulic sensors and looks like theres hydraulic brake units in the photo ? Surely not.They do 52v 17.5ah GA cells ,motor tuned to 1500w ,or 52v 15ah 30q cells,motor tuned 1700w .As id bought the 15ah i thought may as well go the whole hog.Theres only 1 police car in cornwall an its at Bude all next month . Ive bought a Marlin bobcat trail ,mint for £120 not latest model tho,.Jus got a fat arse saddle to go on it too.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Bobcat looks like a good base for a conversion. Keep us up to date with the build. Devon not a lot different to Cornwall, keep off the M5 and you wouldn't know they existed. All sitting at desks at Middlemoor doing paperwork.:)