BBS02 on a cargo bike.

top drive

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2016
ABerdoom
2 things happened.

1 I flew home where I'll be for next 7 weeks and 2 I got a despatch notice from em3ev......when do you think I'll see it (FedEx battery) and how much will customs charge end up you reckon :)

Closest wins a coconut !

Dewey

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2016
Arlington, VA
I got a despatch notice from em3ev......when do you think I'll see it (FedEx battery)
Last week I got my big green button from em3ev within 1 week of order shipped via DHL from mainland china to Virginia. For a battery I would think it should depend on whether they only do surface shipping legally or dont care and ship via air.

Dewey

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2016
Arlington, VA
With a bbs03/bshd a moped come m/bike is what you will get, if you are looking for legal then the 250s bbs01 will do the job though some tinkering with the programming settings will probably be required to get better use out of it.
I can recommend the Bafang programming cable from Empowered cycles if you go down that route as I have just used one to reprogram my BBS01 and it works fine on my windows 10 laptop.

D

Deleted member 4366

I know someone who recently ordered £1200 worth of stuff from Em3ev and didn't have to pay any duty.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I can recommend the Bafang programming cable from Empowered cycles if you go down that route as I have just used one to reprogram my BBS01 and it works fine on my windows 10 laptop.
UK buyers are best getting one from Insat London as they arrive the next day also works fine with W10 and comes in a handy 1.5m cable.

Reactions: Dewey

top drive

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2016
ABerdoom
Has anyone ever had DPd deliver from em3ev ?

Just got a text saying my parcels in Southall -which is just outside Heathrow and will be delivered a week on Monday.

The only package I'm expecting is this ebike kit.

D

Deleted member 4366

I think mine came by DPD. Normally, you get a text saying it's coming next (working) day, then you get another on that day with a one hour time slot for delivery. Do you mean Monday 26th?

top drive

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2016
ABerdoom
Defianantly october 3rd :( Southall appears to be dpds customs depot.

Looks like I best get the credit card ready if it's sitting there for a week.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Awesome looking machine. Schoolboy german not quite up to fully understanding but got the gist.
Think I'd want to ditch that dreadful pretend wood though! What can I say, I'm a carpenter - it offends me:eek:

top drive

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2016
ABerdoom
Just got an email from moon at em3ev.

It's my motor and battery coming from DPd :)

It's not left China yet but is on its way apparently

top drive

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2016
ABerdoom
Done a bit more tinkering today in preparation for the motor arriving on Monday :)

Went for a deore 12-36 rear cassette with a deore shadow rear mech and ultegra downtime shifters fitted a hebie steering damper and big fat guards.

Also went for a 700c front wheel and kept my 26 inch rear with a big fat tire :) - an old big un on ex721 from my downhill race bike back in my youth. I may change to a sturmey archer 3speed cassette hub if I feel the need in future.

Old use sus seat pin with a charge spoon on top and a set of deore disks which will be matched to some bafang switched levers

Attachments

top drive

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2016
ABerdoom
No motor today. No indication of when either. Just a text from dpd saying we don't have it.

Bet customs has it and are applying their fee :(

Yesterday I built a front box and mount out of scrap. With lock mount and cup/bottle holder :)

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

stop panicking. The one I know of got held up fro a few days, but no duty request came. They need to check that it's not full of drugs. You might find a few holes drilled in it when it arrives.

• :D
Reactions: anotherkiwi

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If handled by FedEx then with in 2 weeks you may well get an invoice for duty. I had 2 items from BMSB one I had to pay duty the other I didn't. I ended up paying duty for hub motor bare and BBS controller but not for 09 controller kit.

top drive

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2016
ABerdoom
It's coming by dpd

Maybe.

I go on holiday on saturday d8veh and when I get back I go away with work again apparently

No time to play :(