May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
thank you johny for the order.

johny

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
nottingham
well kit came yesterday after ordering afternoon thursday. next day delivery.
run in to problems before i even started. pedal sensor not fit my crank system. woosh team sorting it out for me tony and Andy very helpful and should come up with a solution. plenty of contact.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
johny's bike has an octalink bottom bracket.

It's easy enough to fit a split magnet disc to it, you only have to remove the fins on the split disc to make it to the same diameter as the BB spindle.
Then you need to secure the disc to the smallest chainring. I use a plastic screw on the triple ring.

johny has a double ring.
I suppose a cabletie to peg the metal clip to one of the chain ring spokes may do the job equally well in this case.

The next job to do is to design and 3D print the support for the pedal sensor head for his bike.

johny, can you post a picture of the underside of your bike like the picture I posted above?

Many thanks

Tony

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
thank you.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
johny,

this is the split magnet disc. The fins hold the disc to the bottom bracket spindle. Those fins are good for square taper bottom bracket. The Octalink spindle is larger, so you have to cut off the fins before fitting it to your BB.
I can cut them for you before sending if you like.

this is the split disc with its fins cut off:

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
johny's bike has an octalink bottom bracket.

Those bottom brackets usually leave not enough gap between the smallest ring and the BB cup for a normal magnet disc.

The solution I come up with is like this:
1. cut out the plastic fins to allow a nromal split magnet disc to be fitted around the BB spindle. The disc does not make contact with the spindle but can still rotate around the BB right cup.
As it can't receive the rotation from the spindle, it has to be tied to the ring.
On my bike, I have a triple ring, I use a plastic screw to secure the magnet disc to the smallest ring.
Johny's bike has only a double ring, I propose to cabletie the disc to a spoke of his inner ring.
2. the pedal sensor head is first bolted to a support which is cabletied to the seat tube.

This method does not require any tool, there is no need to remove the crank arms either.

Here is the result:

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I hope it would go straight in without needing surgery!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
There is no pedal assist sensor specially made for the Isis, Octalink or GXP bottom brackets that I know of.
If you are looking for one, here is a solution that I came up with.
It is of course available on the Woosh hub kits.

First, the magnet disc itself. You may not need to remove your chainring to fit this, it comes in two haves, the metal ring holds them together. Make sure that the marking 'working surface' is facing up like in the picture.

Second, the disc is secured to the spokes of the chain ring.

Third, stick the sensor head, mounted on its support, to the seat tube.

making sure that it is orientated and placed facing the magnets exactly like in this picture:

• Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing and Nealh

johny

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
nottingham
hi ive started my build ive had to do a bit of tinkering the rear caliper kept hitting the hub. and disk woudnt line up ive packed disk with spacer that came with wheel is that ok., ive filed abit of the hanger to make bit clearance to the hub. and the battery hits the chain so i need to drill and put new riv nuts in am i correct there m5.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

I can't see what size disc you have. Normally 180mm is OK, but if it still touches, go up to 203mm to bring the caliper clear.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I use 180mm rotors with the BPM and SWX02.
johny, we have stock of these things if you are stuck.