Carry a passenger on my bike

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Looks like it keeps falling over cwah, maybe you should also fit a stand;)
I still have my kickstand purchased a while ago that've never fit my dahon:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/double-kickstand-for-my-dahon-jetstream.21705/page-2#post-273660

I'm thinking to get a welder to adjust the stand, extend it where it needs to be.

I found these 2 welders:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002HMRTV2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_11&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00H8MZCY2?psc=1

Any idea which one would be best for long term and my type of project? One is 50% cheaper and seems to be the same as the other one but I may be missing something

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
The first is a gas less mig.a mig with gas would be better.The second one is a arc welder,which is cheaper to run(you only buy the rods,gasless mig wire is expensive.and a mig with gas you need wire and gas.)A mig is easier to use for a beginner. It is hard to weld thin steel with a arc welder.

Reactions: cwah

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
The first is a gas less mig.a mig with gas would be better.The second one is a arc welder,which is cheaper to run(you only buy the rods,gasless mig wire is expensive.and a mig with gas you need wire and gas.)A mig is easier to use for a beginner. It is hard to weld thin steel with a arc welder.
Thanks what would you recommend me? Ideally it needs as compact and light as possible because I tend to move a lot and go to flat.

Then if it can weld aluminium or stainless it would be better but not a pre requisite. I need something strong and light for my bike

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Mig with gas.you can buy different wire and gas for alumium.none are cheap.I would not try to weld in a flat.lots of practice on scrap before welding something you want.watch some videos on welding.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Ecosmo 20" folding tandam.£299 on eBay.
Since I have a folding bike I realise that I almost never fold it. So I really need a compact bike rather than a folding one.

And no suspension at my speed in london's road is a bad idea I think

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Mig with gas.you can buy different wire and gas for alumium.none are cheap.I would not try to weld in a flat.lots of practice on scrap before welding something you want.watch some videos on welding.
So the more expensive one is the best? Nothing better to compare for a newbie like me?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Mig with gas around £180,Can't see a cheaper one,if you could find one about £140 with a free bottle of gas and a reel of non gas wire and a reel of gas wire..don't forget a grinder with thin cutting discs and sanding discs.