EBay Batteries

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Quick search on eBay for batteries and there are lots of these popping up. Don’t think I would trust them. Has anyone tried them.
You can get really good cheap batteries from Greenlance, a UK supplier. It'll come very quickly and you get proper customer care. It doesn't make sense to take a chance on those Ebay ones, which are probably recycled cells if they're too cheap.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
If no one was buying them there would be fewer ads.. devious overpricing of garbage lulls too many into thinking its a real bargain too.

Perhaps if phones had kept to using easy user replaceable batteries re-wrap and fake battery awareness would be more prevalent? - its a conspiracy i tell ya..

Pingk

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2023
How are they cheap? You can have 19.2Ah 48V 30A battery on Samsung cells from PSW for £192
PSWPower has a bad reputation:
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/pswpower-do-not-use-them.41249/

Greenlance's 48v 20Ah has a 40A BMS and is currently £350 (400 full price). They are made in the UK, offer a 2 year warranty, and free battery recycling at the end of it's life.

Batteries are the one part you really don't want to have going wrong, always buy from a reputable company.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I didn't have any problems with PSW so far. Recycling battery is not a big problem, so I think my next battery will be from PSW. £158 difference is just to big to ignore.
I am not sure where you found information about Greenlance making batteries in UK, but I will take your word for that.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Quick search on eBay for batteries and there are lots of these popping up. Don’t think I would trust them. Has anyone tried them.
Cheaper because they are soft case packs with in most cases with no name or fake brand cells.
We have seen a few come unstuck with these type of packs and lucky if they last 6- 8 months before they fail.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Cheaper because they are soft case packs with in most cases with no name or fake brand cells.
We have seen a few come unstuck with these type of packs and lucky if they last 6- 8 months before they fail.
I wonder how long two of those cheapos in parallel would last, if the controller was drawing 15A total/7.5A continuous from each.

Last edited:

arneraagmaa

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Hi All ,does anyone have idea from where to source battery for Vitesse motion el bike ,on the specs it uses
  • Battery: World Power Li-ion 10.4ah / 36v using Samsung cells ( has rear light in the battery)
    • Motor: Rear hub 250w / 36v motor

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/pswpower-do-not-use-them.41249/

Greenlance's 48v 20Ah has a 40A BMS and is currently £350 (400 full price). They are made in the UK, offer a 2 year warranty, and free battery recycling at the end of it's life.

Batteries are the one part you really don't want to have going wrong, always buy from a reputable company.
Greenlance nearly always offer a 10% discount on the listed prices. If you don't see a discount code, ring them up and beg for one. Tell them that a guy on the Pedelecs forum told you you should get oine. Maybe we can agree with them to get a forum discount, so if anybody rings them, suggest a PEDELECS10 code.

arneraagmaa

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Thank u, my battery specs are a bit different World Power Li-ion 10.4ah / 36v using Samsung cells, I got it from Greenlance offer for the battery, but that means that I need to replace the whole thing as this battery that was offered the charging is 2 pin, but on the bike, the charging is 5 pin, also would anyone know do I need to get the battery programmed as well, as I heard some stories that someone had to go to service and program the battery with a computer for the motor?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thank u, my battery specs are a bit different World Power Li-ion 10.4ah / 36v using Samsung cells, I got it from Greenlance offer for the battery, but that means that I need to replace the whole thing as this battery that was offered the charging is 2 pin, but on the bike, the charging is 5 pin, also would anyone know do I need to get the battery programmed as well, as I heard some stories that someone had to go to service and program the battery with a computer for the motor?
You get a free charger with Greenlance batteries.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I wonder how long two of those cheapos in parallel would last, if the controller was drawing 15A total/7.5A continuous from each.
I don't know but Billyboya's saga with his pedal scooter is enough to put most off buying the cheapo ones, albeit his one came frorm AliExpress.

Craiggor 2

Pedelecer
May 30, 2018
I suspect they will be selling like hot cakes to the food delivery guys. Expect to hear of more fires. I have never seen so many of this type on ebay.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I don't know but Billyboya's saga with his pedal scooter is enough to put most off buying the cheapo ones, albeit his one came frorm AliExpress.
As you know and may never ever forget, Billyboya bought a cheap AliExpress battery from the official Littokala store which claimed 30A (?) continuous discharge capability for his eRider moped...

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/bad-battery-from-aliexpress-com.43913/

I'm wondering whether two of these cheapo 36V 20Ah in parallel...

...would operate safely and for longer than a few mere months @7.5A continuous discharge X 2 = 15A. The "20Ah" capacity stated is probably nonsense, but if about 15Ah each, that'd still be pretty cheap for 30Ah in total. I might try cheapos once I've assembled (I've got all the bits [there will be a diagram and photos etc. when I get around to it]) my Early-Warning-Of-Home-Ruination-by-Ebike-Battery-Fire-Preventerer™ ®© : Hear siren, chuck the soon to be flaming battery out of the window. Unsure what I'd do if they went inferno while on the bike though, other than run and record my bike burning from a safe distance for Youtube.

Last edited: