Electric Bike Videos

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Hello, we've just posted some videos on the public area of the forum - getting started with your Kalkhoff electric bike

Video Channel

winterdog

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2009
This modified Trek Soho is one of the nicest homemade jobs I've ever seen. And it has a drive-thru gear system. (very informative video as well)
if i had the gumtion to get some thing like this licened it would be nice but i would be worried about many meany things going at 50mph on a bike with thin tires and no suspention.
maybe im just being a big girls blowse.

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
if i had the gumtion to get some thing like this licened it would be nice but i would be worried about many meany things going at 50mph on a bike with thin tires and no suspention.
maybe im just being a big girls blowse.
That's what I was thinking - it would surely be labour intensive to keep it going, and most people don't realize how terrifying 50mph on a pushbike can be! It's really odd how it's no problem doing 70-plus on a motorbike, but on something as light as that with skittish steering and insubstantial brakes it really feels like a rollercoaster ride when you approach 40 mph. I think that's actually part of the fun of an e-bike - you can get up them there hills without knackering yourself and then still frighten yourself silly coming down again.....

Second childhood is wonderful! Don't knock it - you get to cheat as well.

Rog.