Electric Bike Videos

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
if i had the gumtion to get some thing like this licened it would be nice but i would be worried about many meany things going at 50mph on a bike with thin tires and no suspention.
maybe im just being a big girls blowse.
That bike sounds more impressive than it is, making a wheel spin fast is much easier than making a bike go fast. To give it some perspective he said it took him 47 minutes to travel 17 miles, I can travel the same distance into central London in under an hour and I have hit 45mph on the journey. Tyres and suspension aren't as much of a problem as the brakes are, overheating has been an issue before. :)

trickletreat

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
I found this one with me in full voice at Presteigne. I was riding an electric powered ICE trike, the scarecrow aka Steve Punchard is on one of his Goat bikes, and my wife is bringing up the rear in a witches costume, on my Electricmountainbike Swissbike LX towing my daughter on her Trets Hasebike!

Sorry for the vocals, but I was low to the ground but high on the atmosphere!

Tour de Presteigne 2010 Parade - YouTube

Last edited:

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Yes, I remember seeing you there, It was a thoroughly enjoyable day out....even allowing for the white-knuckle drive up through Herefordshire to get there.

The atmosphere at Presteigne was always "electric" :rolleyes: ...such a shame it's no longer held.

I'm thinking the now-annual event at Redbridge Cycling Center organised by Kudos could potentially take the place of the Tour de Presteigne. Redbridge Center is reasonably central, has good car parking and a brilliant track for test-riding.

My own requirements would be a bacon roll and cup of tea when I get there, fish 'n' chips for lunch and plenty of soft whippy icecreams....the ingredients of a perfect day out :D

trickletreat

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
Yes, I remember seeing you there, It was a thoroughly enjoyable day out....even allowing for the white-knuckle drive up through Herefordshire to get there.

The atmosphere at Presteigne was always "electric" :rolleyes: ...such a shame it's no longer held.

I'm thinking the now-annual event at Redbridge Cycling Center organised by Kudos could potentially take the place of the Tour de Presteigne. Redbridge Center is reasonably central, has good car parking and a brilliant track for test-riding.

My own requirements would be a bacon roll and cup of tea when I get there, fish 'n' chips for lunch and plenty of soft whippy icecreams....the ingredients of a perfect day out :D
Yes we loved the weekends camping there, certainly leaves a hole in the year! As you can tell from the clip, we enjoyed getting involved!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Trickletreat, yes they were great events, I was the helpful spectator that pointed out the witch was behind you!

I must admit to hankering back to the early days of the electric bike industry when (generally) importers and manufacturers were interested in working together to create an atmosphere that was conducive to electric bike acceptance and growth within the community. It was from the early Presteign exhibitors that BEBA was created to continue the good work for the other twelve months of the year. BEBA members still work hard behind the scenes to push the industry forward, without Presteign BEBA would never have been conceived.

All said, the problem with Presteign for us was the cost (being sponsors) and it did not reach as many of the general public as we would have liked in the later stages. The venue was brilliant, Andy, Pete and all the guys that organised Preteign worked tirelessly and for nothing to make sure it worked. For electric bike enthusiast is was brilliant. I agree Redbridge could be as good as long as the effort is put in to make it a very social occasion, with comedy, music, fancy dress race, green exhibition etc. More of a festival than a pure electric bike demo day. I am sure that BEBA and E4 would be pleased to get behind the event if invited to help.

The nearest event to Presteign in my opinion last year was the London Green Fair and Electric Bike Event held over two days at The Regent's Park. The festival has been held for twenty years, with 25,000 people openly concerned about the environment attending in 2012. The Electric Bike Event seriously connected with many hundreds of the general public and electric bike enthusiasts like Presteign creating an atmosphere of acceptance for electric cycling. Although it undoubtedly promoted the concept of electric cycling it was expensive for the participants (especially for BEBA members who sponsored the event) and I doubt many of us sold enough bikes to make the weekend profitable. However all the exhibitors approached so far have rebooked for next year knowing that without this kind of event and investment it will take many years to catch up with the Dutch and Germans with respect to sales. A guided ride around London and a fancy dress race around the park would be great but we need help with the organisation.

Which ever venue is chosen, I would be pleased to help make it as near to Presteign as possible, wouldn't it be great if we could get the whole industry could get together once again behind one event and maybe create another Presteign?

All the best

David

Last edited:

trickletreat

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
Hi David, I was glad that somebody answered my madness on the day! My family thoroughly enjoyed the efforts of all of you who made those weekends so special. One of the events that we will remember for a long time was the ride to the coast. I know the location has been discussed at length before, but part of the enjoyment for us was visiting somewhere a bit off the beaten track for a long weekend. Any criticism that I have read seems to ignore the effort and expense incurred by the organisers. We will happily support new events and are grateful to those who actually make them happen.
Nigel

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Nigel,

It is great to read some enthusiastic comments! The Forum has become very much more negative recently with people prepared to knock ideas and others involved in the industry rather than getting together to create a better market and environment for all!

We are a very small industry with mainly (like Wisper) very small businesses involved, the only way we will crack this is to pool resources and work as a team.

Thanks again Nigel, we will certainly push forward with renewed vigor!

Best regards

David

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Haibike eQ Trekking tackles Blunsdon Hill

No music, just native audio from the two on-board cameras, Veho Muvi HD 10 chest mounted, and the Koonlung wired bullet with remote DVR. Both cameras have full 1080 HD capability, but recording at 720p on this ride.

At the steepest part ( 18% ) the machine slowed to 8 mph. Interesting to note, my 26v Panasonic powered Kalkhoff Sahel climbs the steep part at 9 mph..as does the Tonaro BigHit. In the case of all three machines, I remained seated, this being my riding style. Those who like to jump up and down on the pedals will climb this hill faster.

Having now gained more experience with editing and uploading, the cameras will be switched up to full 1080 HD for future projects. Be careful with your volume level, there are some loud 'SPLOPS' as I pick up the Sou-Westerly at the top of the hill.

EDIT: Depending on the time of day, and your connection speed, the video is best watched in 720p HD. This can be selected in the 'quality' facility in the Youtube playing menu.

[video=youtube;6t_ch6vK7YA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6t_ch6vK7YA[/video]

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Ride the Storck Raddar Multitask...

Out and about in Swindon on the Storck Raddar Multitask.

[video=youtube;kwniCrB5TQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwniCrB5TQI[/video]

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Russian E-bike enthusiasts.

Just one of many videos on their YouTube channel. Note the spiked tyres...and not much pedalling going on either.

[video=youtube;9hJydDSeZT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=9hJydDSeZT4[/video]

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
^
^

3.10-3.20, look at how much effort was being wasted by not locking the forks. I hate suspension forks on the road.

I so want a Conway E-Rider Extreme.

[video=youtube_share;4GVehaWIGx0]http://youtu.be/4GVehaWIGx0[/video]

Last edited: