eMTB owners photo and ride thread.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I see you left your kickstand at home :p Tell me, all those autumn night rides you are really out picking mushrooms? :rolleyes:

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Hey eddie...what's that black thing above the battery?...3rd pic.
That is the battery pack for a Magicshine Eagle F3 that I have for long term review. :) Forum admin might be adding an accessories section, and I'm waiting to post more about it if or when that happens. What I will say though, is that I am extremely impressed with it.

I had hoped to have used the bottle cage mount on the seat post tube to fit the battery pack, but the lead isn't long enough (more on that in the review) and the KTM bottle cage mount is also too low for the bracket to fit.

Handlebar remote not shown.

This is how I had hoped to install it. The battery and light just clip into place and fitting both takes just seconds. Magicshine were kind enough to give me a second handlebar mount, so I don't have to remove the mount each time when swapping bikes. :)

Handlebar remote shown, and whilst I didn't think that I would have need of it, it is actually very Intuitive and easy to use, with no need to take the hands off the handlebars. I could see the use of a remote switch for headlamp use, and was surprised to actually find it useful. Don't look too hard at the state of the bike, the poor old thing has been has had a hard week. :oops:

anotherkiwi, sadly I'm not brave enough for mushroom picking. Shame though, as with these damp warm nights, there are plenty to had. :)

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
hmmm i was looking at those lights as loads cheaper than most others at like 800 fkn quid lol.

the batt is a bit of a put off tho but how heavy is it? and does the light run hot or not on full beam.

cant finish my diy lights as cant hold the fkn soldering iron :(

• :D

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
hmmm i was looking at those lights as loads cheaper than most others at like 800 fkn quid lol.

the batt is a bit of a put off tho but how heavy is it? and does the light run hot or not on full beam.

cant finish my diy lights as cant hold the fkn soldering iron :(
Review to follow at some stage in the future, but yes I will have somewhere to keep my hand toasty warm in the winter. :D

I have also broke my small postal scale, so can't currently weigh the battery pack.

There is still plenty of time to get your own light up and running. :)

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I know a lad that bought one of those last year, and he really rates it. I haven't seen it in use, as he isn't local to me, but that is one heck of a lot of lights!

The downside as I see it with all of these bright lights is if you happen to be following someone that doesn't have such a bright light, as they suddenly can't see using their own light due to the surrounding brightness.

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Had Magicshine, Dinotte, etc etc. Hate the additional battery and some quality issues (not with Dinotte), so went with the British Exposure brand.

Bought the joystick for helmet, toro for front and blaze for rear. Couldn't be happier, no battery to worry about genuine lumens stated, great quality of beam, great quality and customer service.

Not cheap but you get what you pay for in most cases. Please don't get carried away with 10k lumens etc as in practice it's crap and you'll often fine a better quality light with lower lumens is much better.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: anotherkiwi

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Another night, and another night ride. I managed to actually get a bit lost this evening, which is perhaps daft given that it was in a part of woodland that I frequently ride in. The winds over the last few days had brought several small trees down, and it changed the whole appearance and layout.

This is the section where I became a little disorientated and lost.

Last edited:

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
rsz_img_0136.jpg rsz_img_0136.jpg rsz_img_0136.jpg Soundwave,
Is the pins and needles from hand, arm or your back ? Carpel Tunnel maybe?
On the Isle of Skye, not been the best of weather until today...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its in my hand then get pain in my arm going from my elbow to the top of the arm where i broke it in 2 places.

feels like the inside of my arm is all twisted round and feels like it is bruised or like a dead arm.

the docs gave me zapaine for the pain but they make me sick so use weed and cider instead ;)

Related Articles

Advertisers