Green energy store on Aliexpress ?

Realtr

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 21, 2024
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a kit from aliexpress, specifically from green energy store. I was wondering if anyone bought from this store ? and how are their experience.

Because I purchased battery+motor kit (36v 250W rear hub) and only received the battery for now ( I know aliexpress batteries are not safe and I will return that), seller did not send tracking for motor kit and did not reply my messages yet. So I am getting a little uneasy.

Here is the link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005221601605.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_promotion.0.0.77b1eb67pZI1GI#nav-review

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
I've seen batteries bought from AliExpress that were fine. I don't think it's worth the risk in not getting delivery and the problems with warranty claim. Unless you have real concerns I keep it as you may have trouble returning

Realtr

Mar 21, 2024
As long as it doesn't cause fire I am okay with it haha. They shipped the battery from Poland so maybe it will be easier still not sure though. I always pay wit PayPal incase something goes wrong. Thanks for the thread it makes me feel atleast bit better about it.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
As long as it doesn't cause fire I am okay with it haha. They shipped the battery from Poland so maybe it will be easier still not sure though. I always pay wit PayPal incase something goes wrong. Thanks for the thread it makes me feel atleast bit better about it.
I've never bought from them, but if it means anything their rating looks good:

Which battery did you buy? Two of the batteries listed supposedly contain LG/Samsung cells. I bought my generic battery as part of a kit from IEBIKE on Amazon three years ago, and when given the option selected LG celled instead of unspecified Chinese. It's a good battery, hasn't burst into flames. Discovered upon opening the battery case a year later the LG cells are MH1, which aren't bad.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a kit from aliexpress, specifically from green energy store. I was wondering if anyone bought from this store ? and how are their experience.

Because I purchased battery+motor kit (36v 250W rear hub) and only received the battery for now ( I know aliexpress batteries are not safe and I will return that), seller did not send tracking for motor kit and did not reply my messages yet. So I am getting a little uneasy.

Here is the link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005221601605.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_promotion.0.0.77b1eb67pZI1GI#nav-review

Don't listen to scare stories about Chinese batteries. The one you ordered will be fine, and I doubt that you can send it back anyway.

It's not unusual for Chinese sellers to send the battery seperate from the kit because different rules apply to shipping.

Realtr

Mar 21, 2024
I've never bought from them, but if it means anything their rating looks good:

View attachment 56951

Which battery did you buy? Two of the batteries listed supposedly contain LG/Samsung cells. I bought my generic battery as part of a kit from IEBIKE on Amazon three years ago, and when given the option selected LG celled instead of unspecified Chinese. It's a good battery, hasn't burst into flames. Discovered upon opening the battery case a year later the LG cells are MH1, which aren't bad.

I bought the 16V 13Ah which does not list there. I will open it and check what they shipped

Realtr

Mar 21, 2024
Don't listen to scare stories about Chinese batteries. The one you ordered will be fine, and I doubt that you can send it back anyway.

It's not unusual for Chinese sellers to send the battery seperate from the kit because different rules apply to shipping.
It feels fine atleast, does not rattle. Since I don't have the rest I just tried charging via usb port which worked, I don't think it would say a lot about the actual ability but atleast it works ?

It just bugs me that they did not respond nor send a tracking number for it, only thing I can see is from cainiao website and it says France to where I live but no other information. Also, it uses the same tracking code from the battery shipment, so I was surprised.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
with stuff from china you never know what you are going to get cell wise but unless you can capacity test them but do not put it on charge and go to sleep as i dont even do this with my bosch batts.

if its loosing range fast in range in 6 months with voltage sag then the cells are fake rewraps as branded cells.

they sell batts with uk warranty or you could get jimmy to custom build you one but that will not be cheap.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It feels fine atleast, does not rattle. Since I don't have the rest I just tried charging via usb port which worked, I don't think it would say a lot about the actual ability but atleast it works ?

It just bugs me that they did not respond nor send a tracking number for it, only thing I can see is from cainiao website and it says France to where I live but no other information. Also, it uses the same tracking code from the battery shipment, so I was surprised.
Aliexpress is very good at dealing with claims when you don't get what you ordered. The process for the claim involves repetitive steps, which gives the impression that nothing is happening, so just keep going until you get what you want. The seller might make some sort of unsatisfactory offer. Don't accept it.

Chinese sellers can't always speak English, so give them a bit more time.

Realtr

Mar 21, 2024
with stuff from china you never know what you are going to get cell wise but unless you can capacity test them but do not put it on charge and go to sleep as i dont even do this with my bosch batts.

if its loosing range fast in range in 6 months with voltage sag then the cells are fake rewraps as branded cells.

they sell batts with uk warranty or you could get jimmy to custom build you one but that will not be cheap.
Unfortunately, I don't live in UK but funny thing is the website you gave is selling the same bikes as the aliexpress seller.

Aliexpress is very good at dealing with claims when you don't get what you ordered. The process for the claim involves repetitive steps, which gives the impression that nothing is happening, so just keep going until you get what you want. The seller might make some sort of unsatisfactory offer. Don't accept it.

Chinese sellers can't always speak English, so give them a bit more time.
Thanks for the advice! I will wait for couple days and see if they even answer.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it dont catch fire ur not going fast enough :p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I bought the 16V 13Ah which does not list there. I will open it and check what they shipped
If you're returning it, maybe you shouldn't? Might invalidate warranty, which is why I waited a year.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
google battlebots riptide

Reactions: Realtr

Realtr

Mar 21, 2024
If you're returning it, maybe you shouldn't? Might invalidate warranty, which is why I waited a year.
Well if its kinda impossible to return why not but I guess its better to wait then. Sorry I meant 36V 13ah

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
It is normal for battery to be sent separately.
Is rest of the kit sent from Poland or from China?

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Hi everyone,

I've used green energy store for a bafang bbs02 kit and a bafang rear hub kit. Everything seemed to ship from Poland, everything has been fine - including the battery so far - (1 year, few thousand miles.) They seem to be quite a longstanding store (6 years), Bafang reseller, with a good reputation.

Don't think you can group all batteries from AliExpress together - if you are careful looking at the specification and get from a reputable seller, should be ok.

Realtr

Mar 21, 2024
It is normal for battery to be sent separately.
Is rest of the kit sent from Poland or from China?
So it seems like they have warehouse in Poland, Germany, France and UK. They gave me only one tracking for UPS which was for battery. Same tracking code if scanned in cainiao it shows this :

So either a bug or it will be shipped from France ? I have no idea.
I've used green energy store for a bafang bbs02 kit and a bafang rear hub kit. Everything seemed to ship from Poland, everything has been fine - including the battery so far - (1 year, few thousand miles.) They seem to be quite a longstanding store (6 years), Bafang reseller, with a good reputation.

Don't think you can group all batteries from AliExpress together - if you are careful looking at the specification and get from a reputable seller, should be ok.

What was your experience with their communication because its been almost 3 days and they still did not reply any of my messages. Also was there long delay between the kit and the battery ?

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
So it seems like they have warehouse in Poland, Germany, France and UK. They gave me only one tracking for UPS which was for battery. Same tracking code if scanned in cainiao it shows this :
View attachment 56954

So either a bug or it will be shipped from France ? I have no idea.

What was your experience with their communication because its been almost 3 days and they still did not reply any of my messages. Also was there long delay between the kit and the battery ?
It did come in 3 shipments - didn't have to message them - all came within 2 weeks. I think the last shipment was entirely zip ties - I suspected this is some tax loophole

Realtr

Mar 21, 2024
It did come in 3 shipments - didn't have to message them - all came within 2 weeks. I think the last shipment was entirely zip ties - I suspected this is some tax loophole
I see, did you receive any other tracking for it ? Or was it only one