HANDLEBAR EXTENDER

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Johnny, your UK item is probably in HK, good enough feedback and you'll probably get it quite quickly ( from my experience it could be as little as 10 days)

If I'm ever in doubt I like to look at the sellers details !

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 99.1%

JohnnyGM7LSI

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
Elgin Moray
Johnny, your UK item is probably in HK, good enough feedback and you'll probably get it quite quickly ( from my experience it could be as little as 10 days)

If I'm ever in doubt I like to look at the sellers details !

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 99.1%
I can wait 10 days, now ordered,, cheers

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Ergotec does an up and down stem extender which also allows you to turn the handlebars flat for in the train or in the garage. Not cheap at 36€ but has a lot of features.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

JohnnyGM7LSI

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
Elgin Moray
Ergotec does an up and down stem extender which also allows you to turn the handlebars flat for in the train or in the garage. Not cheap at 36€ but has a lot of features.
Too late, already ordered them, pity, an hour earlier and I would have gone for them, as I might just have to get them anyway to get the bike into the van garage, as soon as you said "garage" I had a lightbulb moment. Or I might just get quick at swapping it.

JohnnyGM7LSI

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
Elgin Moray
The cap is used to set the steering head bearings, so fit the riser without clamping it. Do up the hex screw in the cap until the steering head doesn't rock when you push the bike back and forwards with the brake on. Don't do it too tight - just enough to remove the play. Tighten the clamp screws and check that the steering is completely free and not restricted by tension in the bearings.
Riser arrived today, ordered from china on 11th Jan so pretty quick, the top of mine says "Cartridge system inside" I take it I don`t interfere with that, also there's a load of spacers come with it, but I`m sure all will become clear when I take it to bits, I can see the spacers in Leigh`s photo`s above.

Reactions: LeighPing