Looking for a reliable ebike to do the London knowledge on, please help!

Knowledge boy

Pedelecer
Mar 15, 2017
Luton
Don't believe the manufacturer's ranges quoted. They are in ideal conditions. Expect 30/40/50 miles per charge. Also if you buying a Bosch there will be no discernible difference between e.g. the Raleigh & the Scott if the both have the same motor & the same size battery,
Thats good to know, ill try one battery to begin with and if i do need another i can just get one at a later date. I wonder if a raleigh stands a lesser chance of getting nicked than a scott as its more of a common name but probably wont make much difference..

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Thats good to know, ill try one battery to begin with and if i do need another i can just get one at a later date. I wonder if a raleigh stands a lesser chance of getting nicked than a scott as its more of a common name but probably wont make much difference..
If someone wants to steal your bike it doesn't matter what brand it is they are going to steal it.

If you are going to paying 2000 for a bike just make sure you get two gold rating locks for your bike and make sure you lock both wheels to something and that is the best chance of your bike not been stolen

Another thing to do if you are in a rough area take your pedals off no one going to steal your bike with no pedals on because they wouldn't the able to get away on it they would move to the next bike which is worth nicking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Knowledge boy

Knowledge boy

Pedelecer
Mar 15, 2017
Luton
If someone wants to steal your bike it doesn't matter what brand it is they are going to steal it.

If you are going to paying 2000 for a bike just make sure you get two gold rating locks for your bike and make sure you lock both wheels to something and that is the best chance of your bike not been stolen

Another thing to do if you are in a rough area take your pedals off no one going to steal your bike with no pedals on because they wouldn't the able to get away on it they would move to the next bike which is worth nicking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good ideas, i like it!

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Do you know who I had in the back of the cab?

Geezer wiv one them electric bikes, but his battery was flat.

I ask you, what's the point of that?

'e reckoned someone told 'im there was no hills in London.

Take the knowledge Blue Book, the first run is Upper Street.

They don't call it Upper Street for nuffink, do they?

It's up a hill.

And don't get me started on bleedin' Brexit....

Reactions: Knowledge boy

Knowledge boy

Pedelecer
Mar 15, 2017
Luton
Do you know who I had in the back of the cab?

Geezer wiv one them electric bikes, but his battery was flat.

I ask you, what's the point of that?

'e reckoned someone told 'im there was no hills in London.

Take the knowledge Blue Book, the first run is Upper Street.

They don't call it Upper Street for nuffink, do they?

It's up a hill.

And don't get me started on bleedin' Brexit....
Lmao!!! You sound like im gonna in about 5 years with any luck! Lol

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
To be serious, you need to think carefully if an ebike is suitable.

A moped is the usual tool, as you know.

Lots of starting and stopping will slaughter any ebike battery, and you may find being able to do only 15mph in between will be too slow.

Knowledge boy

Pedelecer
Mar 15, 2017
Luton

Lots of starting and stopping will slaughter any ebike battery, and you may find being able to do only 15mph in between will be too slow.
When im pointing ill use pedal power so shldnt effect the battery too much and yea youre right it may be a bit slow but hey win some lose some.. Plus itll give the streets a chance to sink in a bit more im hoping.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
max top speed with a 20t front sprocket is 40mph with a dongle ;)

2Lazy

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2013
Milton Keynes

I was going to say much the same. A decent second hand moped can be had for £700 and it obviously wouldn't have any issues with range. 30 miles a day on an ebike is fine if recharging every night, if not you're almost certainly going to need a second battery and a means of topping up. Most ebike batteries on average will only do 30 to 40 miles per charge, maybe up 50 or so on a crank drive if used sparingly.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When im pointing ill use pedal power so shldnt effect the battery too much and yea youre right it may be a bit slow but hey win some lose some.. Plus itll give the streets a chance to sink in a bit more im hoping.
A moped would be no dearer, could even cost less, and will be far more reliable than a bike. No range or charge problems either, and much less risk of theft.

For this application it's no contest.