New Name for Forum

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I can't believe this s**t is still going on. It doesn't matter what you call it. Those that want to are still going to ride their bikes on 'private property'.

I myself plan on going for a jolly tomorrow morning on my own private multi-acre estate. I do appreciate however that not all you plebs are part of the land-owning classes.

Tally ho!

Mar 9, 2016
I can't believe this s**t is still going on. It doesn't matter what you call it. Those that want to are still going to ride their bikes on 'private property'.

I myself plan on going for a jolly tomorrow morning on my own private multi-acre estate. I do appreciate however that not all you plebs are part of the land-owning classes.

Tally ho!
Is it called Derbyshire by any chance ??

Don't worry though Dan thread is in its death throws, and to be fair has been better atmosphere..

Just to please you all I,ll only be posting in emtb once this is finished..honest..
Think they set it up to shut me up...

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Yes you can use them at Enduro parks, trials events and even race tracks, only point I,m trying to make is that the places folk assume you can use them ( as folk often referred to it as) is " off road". Which is complete rubbish. The offroad bikers had this years ago.( I was one of them)
Essentially there is nowhere to use unreg bikes anywhere " offroad" legally without the land owners permission. Even then there are massive legal repercussions. I used to go on farm land including a wooded area with farmers written permission. We were stopped,kids could get in.
Saying you use bikes offroad is a nightmare, its why mods have changed name.
I still go to various sites around north with either a txt250 or an AJP enduro...Yes, if you rolled up with an ebike they,d let you on, not sure you,d want to and yet to meet, speak to , or know of anyone that does. But if they do, great. Good luck to them..Personally I,d buy a trials bike for those places.
But yes, I totally agree, it would be great to see more places for un reg bikes etc...I,d love it..the ones running at moment for 4x4,s etc are good fun for trials bikes. Ones for ebikes ( brinco ??) would need to be dedicated for those types of bikes. Would need a land owner with good knowledge of what would be needed.
The places offering pay and play are catering for a market 10 times size of powerful ebikes and some of those are struggling. The best I go to is a quarry near Wigan...and its a bit intimidating on a powerful trials bike with 4x4,s flying about... think it might be worse and basically too severe for ebikes, so it would need to be on dedicated days for us...are there the numbers to make it profitable ? Don't think so yet..
So now you're backtracking..... you said... and i quote...

'there is actually nowhere in uk to use a 1000w ebike anywhere...so what's point in owning one'

So you're wrong, simple as.

Mar 9, 2016
So now you're backtracking..... you said... and i quote...

'there is actually nowhere in uk to use a 1000w ebike anywhere...so what's point in owning one'

So you're wrong, simple as.
Yes I agree it was wrong. Think if you read reply to d8 I,d already said so...
So 1000w ebikes can
A) Be registered, tested, mot,,d.Insured and then rider do cbt or drive on A license.
Or
B) Go to 4x4 centres etc and compete with Range Rovers and TXT 250,s and the likes.

Or they can do what most human beings would do, given the nature of us all, and ride them on the road or in Parks etc..illegally...Probably.

But great opportunity to say my peace. Thanks.

Flecc
Irs more exclusivity than kettling...but nice one..

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
On ebay there are hundreds of 1000w kits/ motors for sale. Picked first UK based seller I came accross.
He has sold 100 kits in last month.
He started selling in 2015. He has done 3924 sales since
There are plenty more UK based sellers and even more far east ones.
I wonder how many of these kits are being used at Enduro parks etc and how many have been road reg /tested etc ??
I wonder ?
I,m contacting ebay but wasting my time..??
the best know are Golden Motors, they sold 10 Magic Pie 5s this year (in 4 months) in the UK.

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=231560805948&rt=nc

can you post a link to the seller you talked about?

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
What's dogging.

{ADMIN: Let's leave that one there OK}
In nautical terms you dog the hatches, or lock the door.
What's up with that, it's a bit like kettling!

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
if you like. I am interested in their importance.

Mar 9, 2016
if you like. I am interested in their importance.
Cant put screen shot in messages.
So
wp_ss_20160503_0008.png

Its difficult to give accurate figures, you'd have to contact him. His sales could include other items..
But he,s one seller, its reason I deleted post. ( I,d initially thought it was all he sold but it isn't)
Post was up 30 seconds.. You and Leigh must have alerts on !wp_ss_20160503_0007.png wp_ss_20160503_0008.png