Oxygen Scross MTB ongoing review

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
I'd try the 400mm the seat tube is long enough to take it and my frame cracking NCX is 350mm long -so a longer one may avoid you needing to use the 5 yr frame warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I'd try the 400mm the seat tube is long enough to take it and my frame cracking NCX is 350mm long -so a longer one may avoid you needing to use the 5 yr frame warranty.
Thanks for that....wasnt sure if the 400 would be too long for the frame

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Bike going strong, commute times are improving as I find slightly newer ways of getting there....avoiding speed bumps mostly! 1 hour and 2 minutes....target time is 1 hour ;)

Despite the ergon grips, I got slight needles and pins in my hands and wrists last night, and a lot worse this morning....any suggestions on how to ease that? It might be partly seating postilion I guess....the suntour seat post is due to arrive on Monday when I can spend some time adjusting. I do feel like Im leaning down too much on the bars at the moment, but I dont think there is any height adjustment.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
air fork? coil spring forks don't have good damping.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Its a pretty flat and bumpless route though, and the pins and needles comes regardless of the terrain?

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Did you ride much before getting the S-Cross?
I used to get pins and needles a lot when I first started commuting, but after a while they seem to have stopped. I'd be worried if it had only just started and you'd been commuting a few years.

On my S-Cross, the handlebars are not straight, I felt like I was leaning too far forward, so I undid the bolts clamping the bar in place and rotated it so the bar ends were angled a bit up and towards me. All the brake and gear controls needed adjusting (rotating too) after but it was much more comfortable.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hand placementposition may be you problem, so likely needs a swept or comfort designed handle bar.
Sambal Oelek swears by them on his offfroad fat bike but at £130 his aren't cheap.

• Informative
D

Deleted member 4366

Often the pins and needles comes from tension or compression of the the nerve further up the arm, particularly under the armpit. Different clothing can help, but more likely, it's your riding position. Try rotating the handlebars a bit to change the angle of your arms. Whatever causes it, I get it too, but I also find that it's mainly on a new bike.After some months it mysteriously goes away.

As a temporary measure, you only have to hold your arm so that it hangs down vertically for a few seconds for the pins and needles to go away for about 10 minutes at a time.

D

Deleted member 4366

I have the Ergon grips with integrated Barends.

These allow you to switch your hand position between flat and vertical which helps relieve strain on long rides.
Excellent idea.

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
I'm a total novice at cycling so not much to compare it to. But I agree with Andy that it feels like I'm leaning down on to the bars with a lot of force.
I don't have the saddle high either .

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Did you ride much before getting the S-Cross?
I used to get pins and needles a lot when I first started commuting, but after a while they seem to have stopped. I'd be worried if it had only just started and you'd been commuting a few years.

On my S-Cross, the handlebars are not straight, I felt like I was leaning too far forward, so I undid the bolts clamping the bar in place and rotated it so the bar ends were angled a bit up and towards me. All the brake and gear controls needed adjusting (rotating too) after but it was much more comfortable.
Yes, rode about 2000 miles last year. I have had a couple of weeks off the bike before this week...aches and pains tend to come after a break, so hopefully it will improve.....I will have a closer look at the handlebars over the weekend to see if there is any adjustment

Reactions: DBye

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I have the Ergon grips with integrated Barends.
I have the extra wide ergonomic grips on one of my bikes. They're much more comfortable than the regular ergo grips.

0.JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPGDSC01463.JPG DSC01465.JPG DSC01467.JPG

Click to view in different colours. :)

Features:

• Minimum vibrations
  • Lock-on clamps
  • Fits any flatbar bike
  • Comfortable and practical
Specification:

• Width: 139mm
  • Weight: 232g per pair

Last edited:

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Well, I have my first problem with the bike :(

Riding home this evening, I had to brake quite sharply. In doing so, the rear brake hose has pulled out of the brake lever.
Brake fluid everywhere, and no rear brake now.

Not had hydraulic brakes before, so not sure if this can be fixed easily, or do I need to contact e-bikes direct?

2017-07-14 17.01.55.jpg 2017-07-14 17.04.21.jpg

• Informative
D

Deleted member 4366

You don't need to reroute the hoze. It looks like the sleeve nut hadn't been done up tight enough to swage tbe olive right down to grip the hose. All you need is a new olive that costs 99p on Ebay, but the question is where the old one is. Your photo isn't very clear. Is that it on the end of the hose?. If it is, you might be able to slide irt back a bit and use it again. If it's jammed inside the lever, you'll need a new lever..

That's a very unusual problem because if the sleeve nut isn't tight enough, you'd normally get a leak and the lever would get closer and closer to the grip until the brake didn’t work.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Okay....the olive is not inside the lever, not that I can see anything in there. Checked the garden where I found out that the main hose was in fact completely loose in the lever, but not there...so no idea.

2017-07-14 19.03.45.jpg 2017-07-14 19.06.15.jpg 2017-07-14 19.08.11.jpg

The nut has nothing inside it either

• Informative

Related Articles

Advertisers