Press fit bb and mid drive onversion

Bjl

Just Joined
Oct 19, 2019
I have a nice Cube gravel bike that I've put flat bars on, it would make a great donor bike for a mid drive conversion. The only problem I'm not sure about is that it has a press fit bb . Works it be possible to put a bsa threaded insert into the bb to accomadate a bafang or tongsheng motor . Cables under bb may possibly need rerouting too .q55285

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
I've no idea as to the sizing of the bottom bracket system that you have, but if there's room for a BSA type insert then Ceeway ( https://www.ceeway.com/ ) might well have something for you.

Years ago the BB on my carbon frame Trek Madone gave up the ghost and no dealer would consider a repair. I got a steel insert from Ceeway and with some monor tinkering and a fair bit of industrial grade epoxy, the BB insert was fitted - that was some 10 years ago and a few thousand miles on and there's never been a problem.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023

Reactions: Bjl

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You'll have to fabricate something to stop the motor rotating around the BB when you have a PF BB or adapters. The TSDZ02 has such a bracket that fits some bikes, but not others. It looks like it won't fit yours, but your photo isn't sufficient to be sure.

Reactions: Bjl