Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
D

Deleted member 4366

Yup, another motor upside down. it won't last 5 minutes in the rain like that,

regarding the torque arms, just make sure that the nuts are nice and tight.

Reactions: Forge Custom

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
No matter how much silicone or grease or whatever you gob on to it, moisture will always find away and track down in to the motor. Eventually rust will seize it up or it will fail.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Speaking as an electrician, any cable entering a device from the top will allow water into the device. Doesn't matter what you do to it, water will get in. Turn the axle so the cable faces down and forms a drip loop, you'll save yourself a mountain of aggravation.

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
Yup, another motor upside down. it won't last 5 minutes in the rain like that,

regarding the torque arms, just make sure that the nuts are nice and tight.
When you say upside down, is it just a case of undoing both axle nuts and spinning the whole assembly? Or is it more complicated?

Sorry for the technical stupidity. Why I had someone else do the mechanical bits. The sourcing and the riding are my area!

Cheers
Matt

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Undo the nuts, take the axle out of the dropouts, rotate the axle by 180 degrees, put it back in. You may need to release some slack in the cable that goes to the motor, so have some cable ties handy to re fit it.

You want the cable to loop down, like this (I know this is a front hub, but the same applies):
DSCF2964.JPG

p.s. Look at the chillies on the plant in the background, that was a good year for chillies:cool:

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
Undo the nuts, take the axle out of the dropouts, rotate the axle by 180 degrees, put it back in. You may need to release some slack in the cable that goes to the motor, so have some cable ties handy to re fit it.

You want the cable to loop down, like this (I know this is a front hub, but the same applies):
View attachment 23018

p.s. Look at the chillies on the plant in the background, that was a good year for chillies:cool:
Top stuff - cheers for that. Nice chillies too!

D

Deleted member 4366

You have to take the anti-rotation washers off the axle and rotate them 180deg before putting back on.