Return to the bent!

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Topbikekit's own site quotes the different ratios in the motor spec. It was also on the original label on the motor.

Forgot to say that the motor is around the same diameter as my biggest cassette ring (32t) and smaller than the 180mm disc. It's also smaller than the Ezee I've been using for years. It will not attract 'oversize' attention.
The challenge I have now is that nothing for standard bike fits. Things that make life comfortable like water bottle holder, sunglasses and gloves stowage, panniers et al.

Reactions: Woosh

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Finally, I've added a torque bracket. It's probably not needed but it's peace of mind for a few quid,
DSCF3359.JPG
I've now set the maximum speed to 30kph which seems to be giving around 18mph on the stand, so should be about right.

AntonyC

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2022
Surrey
Glad it's all falling into place. How do current and speed mode compare and are the numbers you gave with the controller in current mode?
I can't make out how your controller box clears the shock and mudguard, can you post another pic?

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Haven't altered the controller delivery, so I'm guessing it's in current mode.
Unfortunately, the bike is hanging in the shed as I am being afflicted by a severe sciatica episode so I can't lift my right leg to the pedal without firing the nerve off. Riding the upright is, however, a pleasure - go figure! So having bought and converted the recumbent for the sake of my neck and shoulders, my lower back has gone, 'No, havin non of that malarky'. So I have an expensive wall decoration, but at least I can still get my leg over :cool:
Move ment on the rear suspension doesn't seem to come near the box, it's a wierd no squat geometry. I'll put a photo up when I get out there.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Expensive wall dec's are ok if you aren't penny less or stony broke.