Help! Shengyi DGW07 MISSING C2 CAPACITOR

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
agreed, but it may not have left the factory like that though.
It looks like someone has tried to repair it and didn't do a very good soldering job so he could have cut the sleevings, strings and pulled/creased the wires.
He should at least clean the burn marks.
I looked at other photos of those motors. They have some weird method of soldering the phase wires to each other, like they wound every pole separately, then joined the wires.. The others were neater, but the same solder everywhere.

They're different in that YouTube video above, where they're wound conventionally.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it could be that the OP's motor is much older, before the age of motor coil winding machine.

nepasmecrire

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 26, 2024
HALL WIRES WERE IN SHORT CIRCUIT , because of overheating !
I removed the excess solder and re-did the soldering, no more short circuit , now my engine is working perfectly smoothly !!!! It is incredible !!!
I dit it , i fixed my motor !!!!
Thanks to everybody , and yes C2 is useless .
I'll take this opportunity to change the bearings!!! View attachment 2S9A0712bis.jpg

Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Well doen for finding the short on the Hall connections , being underneath the PCB and only posting the pics a few hours ago , no one could see the oversolder.

In the oriignal pic of the PCB /windings it certainly looks like some heating of the phase wires has occurred but nowcould be down to angle or poor picture contrast .