Thoughts on Carrera Crossfire-E

Brynric

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2015
Worcestershire
hi
can you please tell if Carrera got the 'hole in fork crown' ?

Regards
Sunil
If the "hole in fork crown" means what I think it means, then yes it does. I had Halfords fit mudguards before I collected it. They are Bikehut at £19.99 and plug into the bottom of the fork. They look quite good to me, a slightly more mountain than city style. (I must sort out pics at some stage.)

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

superhands

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 5, 2016
Warwickshire
If the "hole in fork crown" means what I think it means, then yes it does. I had Halfords fit mudguards before I collected it. They are Bikehut at £19.99 and plug into the bottom of the fork. They look quite good to me, a slightly more mountain than city style. (I must sort out pics at some stage.)

Here is mine with the Beavertails on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brynric

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2015
Worcestershire
Hi does any one know if the crossfire is still being sold with the 11ah battery as I am ready to buy one this week
As far as I'm aware some Halfords have current stock in some frame sizes and others on order. Apparently they sold very well in the recent sale. We're waiting for smaller frame for Mrs B, hopefully next week.
Bryn

bertie

Sep 8, 2016
Leigh
As far as I'm aware some Halfords have current stock in some frame sizes and others on order. Apparently they sold very well in the recent sale. We're waiting for smaller frame for Mrs B, hopefully next week.
Bryn
Thanks Bryn they can get me one for next Thursday but when I asked about the bikes coming with 11ah batteries although web site says 9ah they couldn't answer me

superhands

Sep 5, 2016
Warwickshire
Thanks Bryn they can get me one for next Thursday but when I asked about the bikes coming with 11ah batteries although web site says 9ah they couldn't answer me
I got one last week and it is indeed 11ah. Can't guarantee it, but easy to see on the label so they should be able to tell you over the phone.

FYI, I got mine from Cycle Republic in Birmingham City (I describe them as the "Militant wing of Halfords" as they are owned by H but are pure cycling and staffed by hard-core cyclists.) Ask for Tony - he had one left in stock last week.

Brynric

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2015
Worcestershire
Bertie,
I think that's a fault on the website. The bike manual only refers to one battery size, as does the Suntour website (http://www.srsuntour-cycling.com/e-bike/ats-rear-motor-system/). So I think any crossfire e will have the 11.5 amp battery.
FWIW It well suits my style of riding, mainly using it for hill climbing. I'm very heavy but it gets me up Snowshill ... but I need a rest at the top. I get a good range from it.
Bryn

superhands

Sep 5, 2016
Warwickshire
£1100??? That's a stupid decision on the part of Halfarts as that puts it outside of Cycle to Work!! Idiots!!

Must be a new batch arrived and suffering with exchange rate issues. Let's hope this new one has a detachable "brain" and is set to MPH...

bertie

Sep 8, 2016
Leigh
Did you call Tony at cycle republic in Birmingham and ask if he still had the other one for 799???
Yes I noticed this morning I phoned them and they said I can still have it for £1000 I am tempted because the halfords branch is half a mile away I guess I am edging my bets I case of problems down the line

superhands

Sep 5, 2016
Warwickshire
Yes I noticed this morning I phoned them and they said I can still have it for £1000 I am tempted because the halfords branch is half a mile away I guess I am edging my bets I case of problems down the line
That's decent of them. I feel your pain though, that price is a lot really. I think there might even be better alternatives for that money. I like the cycletricity ones, but if I recall the Stealth was 1000+

bertie

Sep 8, 2016
Leigh
Sorry super hands I didn't call Tony,all the feedback has been brilliant about the battery so I will probabley order it tomorrow,I will let you know how I go on.please all bear with me as i only joined today and am not a tech type but will muddle through

superhands

Sep 5, 2016
Warwickshire
Sorry super hands I didn't call Tony,all the feedback has been brilliant about the battery so I will probabley order it tomorrow,I will let you know how I go on.please all bear with me as i only joined today and am not a tech type but will muddle through
If you didnt call Tony, try him - he may still let you have theirs for 800... long shot but worth a try!

Convert123

Sep 9, 2016
N Ireland
I picked my Carrera Crossfire e up today complete with 11ah battery - the 9ah description is a mistake. Got mine for previously agreed price of £720 with British Cycling membership. New price of £1100 seems a lot to me. Great bike - trying to solve the water bottle problem - can you have a bag under the saddle and a water bottle mounted somewhere else?