Update on Stock and Give Away

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I've got to say it. I'm so sorry. A repair kit for the motors you fit.

I can't remember anybody ever thiniing it was agood idea to give away a repair kit for a hub-motor? That would be about as useful as solar powered night vision goggles.

I was hoping to be able to blag some free stuff, but I think we have to leave that one for our friend Saracen, who might need it soon.

Maybe next time give away a plastic red dragon, a few key rings or pens with red dragons and your phone number printed on them.

Last edited:

neil16377

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2022
I've got to say it. I'm so sorry. A repair kit for the motors you fit.

I can't remember anybody ever thiniing it was agood idea to give away a repair kit for a hub-motor? That would be about as useful as solar powered night vision goggles.

I was hoping to be able to blag some free stuff, but I think we have to leave that one for our friend Saracen, who might need it soon.

Maybe next time give away a plastic red dragon, a few key rings or pens with red dragons and your phone number printed on them.
I’ve not a clue in what your trying to say!?
Please say again

neil16377

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2022
"One-Half the Money I Spend for Advertising Is Wasted, But I Have Never Been Able To Decide Which Half"

What are you going to do with these second hand motors anyway? They'll continue making your warehouse untidy, occupying valuable space. The only people who would pay £210 + Paypal fees for your second hand motors, are the rapidly diminishing number who don't know how to use the internet. There are several of us Bafang mid-drive owners on this website, and if your offer was more sensible for your (tax write off?) second hand motors, I daresay they and other Bafang owners who visit this website never creating an account, would be interested in buying one or more of your second hand motors, to keep for spares, if not for more conversions. If you're here to sell: Sell. Your second hand motors are only worth what people are willing to pay.

To be honest your the First to ever Ask for a Grade B
They are Not in stock just something I Can Aquire
At this moment in time I have the Grade A BBSHD in stock as an option
All my other motors are New!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
uk stock and warranty prices seem ok to me and i get loads of stuff from china you win some and loose some, m8s new bbshd controller was broken out the box.

jimmy at insat that was one of the best custom batt builders only used bank transfers as a payment option.

if i pay buy paypal at scan computer i loose my free hexus postage :eek:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
uk stock and warranty prices seem ok to me and i get loads of stuff from china you win some and loose some, m8s new bbshd controller was broken out the box.
My controller from Greenbikekit.com in China - ordered 20/12/21 - was and is working great, but they did send me the wrong rubber gasket... then sent me the right one when I pointed that out. They were cheaper than anywhere in the UK.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but like woosh there bikes are not cheap for what they are but the warranty and uk parts and warranty cost money with labour costs and transaction charges plus postage it all adds up.

never paid any postage for anything from china because to send it back is no option at all and the sellers know it.

plenty of ppl have got batts ect for a bargain price then found out they bought a bomb :p

Reactions: neil16377

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
but like woosh there bikes are not cheap for what they are but the warranty and uk parts and warranty cost money with labour costs and transaction charges plus postage it all adds up.
For my BBS01B controller, I paid £73.64 delivered. Beat that UK. Unless they're trading on AliExpress, they fear Paypal...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you not got the pass code for it tho do you ;) for pass and throttle ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
you not got the pass code for it tho do you ;) for pass and throttle ;)
Firmware is writable. No issues whatsoever. Functioning perfectly for over two years.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but me and you are not normal ppl are we as we can source and fix diy our own stuff most ppl cant :(

and know the risks when buying from china direct most ppl wont it is just finding the right sellers that wont screw you over.

one transformer had 1 panel missing from factory it took 6 months but i got it sorted and the guy hounded dx9 until they sent me 2.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
It's pretty easy to get a brand new BBS01 kit (48v or 36v 250w) for about £240 (everything minus the display) shipped from the UK with warranty.

Just wait for the regular alixepress discount codes (the last one I got last month was $50 off a $300+ spend)

Pay in dollars with a fee free credit card (linked to paypal) to save an extra couple of quid

And go through topcashback.co.uk for about 5% cashback

I can vouch for the above seller, got my last BBS01 kit through them no issues, still boxed up new ready to be used as a spare if needed

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

neil16377

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2022
but me and you are not normal ppl are we as we can source and fix diy our own stuff most ppl cant :(

and know the risks when buying from china direct most ppl wont it is just finding the right sellers that wont screw you over.

one transformer had 1 panel missing from factory it took 6 months but i got it sorted and the guy hounded dx9 until they sent me 2.
Agree with soundwave !! It can be a lot of hassle buying from abroad , I knew then and know now I cannot compete price wise , but I want to be is somewhere you could for example Pop in the shop buy your stuff the same day!
Then I’m always there for Customer service

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it would cost 315 quid to get peter to rebuild my motor and a 90 percent chance scott could recell my batt for 500 quid, Germany will not send me a 3rd party one from ebike vision and bet it has a bosch reworked bms anyway.

the new smart batts will not work with older motors so rip out the motor controller display bms and replace it and set it to 60a.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Agree with soundwave !! It can be a lot of hassle buying from abroad , I knew then and know now I cannot compete price wise , but I want to be is somewhere you could for example Pop in the shop buy your stuff the same day!
Then I’m always there for Customer service
Looks like you have a lot of people only from Birmingham viewing your site judging by the pop ups !

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Looks like you have a lot of people only from Birmingham viewing your site judging by the pop ups !
Makes me wonder how do they know when Olivia from Birmingham is looking at something... creepy
BTW I really don't want to be informed about what Olivia is looking at.

neil16377

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2022
Makes me wonder how do they know when Olivia from Birmingham is looking at something... creepy
BTW I really don't want to be informed about what Olivia is looking at.
Such a good comment you had to write it twice ‍♂

neil16377

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2022
Twice? What comment did I post twice? Nevermind...

Did you disable those popups? Thanks. They were really annoying.
yes mate i did, i didnt put them up if im honest, had a few tweaks done on the website, Must have come on automatic

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

can you get those motors and controllers ?