Why does nobody sell branded bikes with electric kits ready installed?

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
So do we

The Image bike this model is based on has won a top-tier consumer award, the Stiftung Warungtest, ahead of 14 other bikes. So Kalkhoff decided to put a big electric cherry on top by making it their first model with the 48V Bionx HT system and they also put the battery in the right place too.

The first are due in this month, we'll have bikes available for test rides at both our London and Loughborough showrooms.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've just looked at Ezee's website and their Torq looks like the usual low spec Chinese bike, with only the
wise spec'ing of Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres standing out.
Not so at all, have a look at the spec on this webpage, not the usual floor level derailleur components and
unbranded disc brakes etc. eZee deliberately moved away from that and stepped up the components levels
in all parts, using Shimano etc but not the base levels that others use.

As for that Phylion battery, tell me how it's performing at 18 months old or when past 300 charges. ;). They
didn't do well when trying to supply the powerful eZee bike motors which is why they lost that business.

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
So do we

The Image bike this model is based on has won a top-tier consumer award, the Stiftung Warungtest, ahead of 14 other bikes. So Kalkhoff decided to put a big electric cherry on top by making it their first model with the 48V Bionx HT system and they also put the battery in the right place too.

The first are due in this month, we'll have bikes available for test rides at both our London and Loughborough showrooms.
Lovely bike but can you please ask them to make it with an adult sized frame size ;)

Interesting bikes. Does anyone know the likely replacement battery cost for either of them? The only UK 48v Bionx battery presently available seems to cost £1199.99.

BATTERY - LiMN, 48.1V, 8.8Ah - CANVUS LTD EDITION
The SRP of the Storck Raddar battery is going to be £350.

“A brilliant motor concept, Great handling with or without motor support, silky smooth power delivery, fine sensor technology. The Storck RADDAR outperforms all E-bikes we’ve ever tested! Conclusion: The best E-Bike in Germany.” (ElectroRad 02/2010)

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Hi There is such a company they convert Raleigh bikes but if you send your new bike to them they will convert it they have been selling converted bikes and kits for 4 years If your looking for cheap they are not for YOU . there is a 5 year warranty on there motors there 48 volt kits have powerful 30 mph + off road mode in normal mode limited to 15 mph

www.xipi.co.uk

Frank
Frank, thats exactly what i was after. Looks like a good kit on a good base bike. I'm tempted, have you heard any feedback about them? The prices seem reasonable for what it is.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Hi There is such a company they convert Raleigh bikes but if you send your new bike to them they will convert it they have been selling converted bikes and kits for 4 years If your looking for cheap they are not for YOU . there is a 5 year warranty on there motors there 48 volt kits have powerful 30 mph + off road mode in normal mode limited to 15 mph

www.xipi.co.uk

Frank
Is there something you're not telling us Frank?

C

Cyclezee

Over the last 4 years I have owned 40 electric bikes, you name it, I have probably owned or ridden it, every combination you can think of.

My not unbiased opinion is that the Ezee range of both kits and complete bikes offer the best value for money on the market.

J:) hn

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Aldby, anyone who's managed to gain first-hand knowledge of so many makes and models as you, clearly has lots of knowledge most readers of these pages would love to possess.

Not for a minute would I consider arguing with your choice of best value for money bikes but I find it a little worrying when you qualify your selection by mentioning your "not unbiased opinion."

As I, for one, don't know anything about you at all, could you clarify that comment please?

Regards,
Indalo

C

Cyclezee

Sorry to be vague Indalo,

The clue to my bias is my signature at the bottom of this post;)
There will be more information and updates with in the next couple of weeks.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Much appreciated Aldby. I never thought to look there!

Indalo

ps I'll send you my invoice for that unwitting piece of advertising/publicity I just gave you.

Last edited:

Atmosphere

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Bristol
www.electricbikes.org.uk
If you are looking for bike conversions in the Bath/Bristol area we do a number of versions with fully branded bikes by Raleigh and DiamondBack - we use Bionx and other kits to suit
Should have a picture of our latest one up on the website later today - anyone like lime green :D :D

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Crikey they are all coming out of the woodwork! ;) Anybody else want to advertise for free! :D

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi I don't expect any thing for free

just got fed up emailing the administrator for prices for the banner adds on the right he just ignored me

Frank

C

Cyclezee

Crikey they are all coming out of the woodwork! ;) Anybody else want to advertise for free! :D
That is a fair comment NRG. When I have stock to sell, I will be happy to pay for advertising.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
to admin

Please can I please have the cost so I can pay for a Banner add on the right

I would love to help fund this Great site

Frank