Why does nobody sell branded bikes with electric kits ready installed?

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Over the last 4 years I have owned 40 electric bikes, you name it, I have probably owned or ridden it, every combination you can think of.

My not unbiased opinion is that the Ezee range of both kits and complete bikes offer the best value for money on the market.

J:) hn
Wow that's quite an endorsement coming from someone with so much experience. In a nutshell, what do you think sets Ezee part from other kits and bikes?

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Aldby, I see no reason, (after 1,759 posts!) why you should "stand back" from this thread. If you benefit from, have benefitted from or expect to benefit from the publicity you receive from membership of this forum then I believe you should pay for that benefit. Perhaps you do which would seem fair to me.

As I have suggested elsewhere, I'm of the opinion that all those with vested commercial interests should be clearly identified in every post. Although there was a big clue, as you pointed out, in your posts, I missed it!

Regardless of whether or not you currently pay for the publicity you receive from membership of this forum, at least you have "come clean" about your interest. Perhaps those others who lurk in the forum and whose comments are sometimes coloured through ulterior motives might also wish to "out" themselves now.

Undoubtedly, there is probably a goodly number of readers who are well aware of your background Aldby but equally, there are many, like me, who know nothing about you.

The problem with allowing trade people membership of forums like this is that ordinary members can be gulled by recommendations from senior members. Even if all trade people were barred, a recommendation may come from the best mate of someone like yourself. Therefore, I think it important that we can all identify those with commercial interests, hence my suggestion in another thread.

Regards,
Indalo

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Oooh, i didnt mean to open this can of worms. :eek: But its better with the lid off. :)

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
All things considered Streethawk, honesty is always the best policy. Almost since I joined this forum, I suspected that things were perhaps not quite as they seemed.

I think one or two of my previous postings touched a nerve somewhere but I have had a number of messages from forum members and ex-forum members suggesting that there is a cabal comprising certain senior members who have vested interests and that is why certain makes, certain dealers and certain importers always seem to be reviewed and regarded highly whereas others are almost condemned as worthless.

I'm no expert in these matters so I cannot comment on the praise lavished repeatedly on some compared to the contempt with which some other makes or dealers are held.

My only interest in this matter is that no-one should be afraid of transparency unless they are charlatans out to rip off as many people as possible before disappearing. Genuine small business people should have confidence in their product and be open to scrutiny both in regard to the product quality and the service and after-sales back-up they provide. If they are not happy to conform to honest trading standards, then they deserve no custom.

Regards,
Indalo

C

Cyclezee

Aldby, I see no reason, (after 1,759 posts!) why you should "stand back" from this thread. If you benefit from, have benefitted from or expect to benefit from the publicity you receive from membership of this forum then I believe you should pay for that benefit. Perhaps you do which would seem fair to me.

As I have suggested elsewhere, I'm of the opinion that all those with vested commercial interests should be clearly identified in every post. Although there was a big clue, as you pointed out, in your posts, I missed it!

Regardless of whether or not you currently pay for the publicity you receive from membership of this forum, at least you have "come clean" about your interest. Perhaps those others who lurk in the forum and whose comments are sometimes coloured through ulterior motives might also wish to "out" themselves now.

Undoubtedly, there is probably a goodly number of readers who are well aware of your background Aldby but equally, there are many, like me, who know nothing about you.

The problem with allowing trade people membership of forums like this is that ordinary members can be gulled by recommendations from senior members. Even if all trade people were barred, a recommendation may come from the best mate of someone like yourself. Therefore, I think it important that we can all identify those with commercial interests, hence my suggestion in another thread.

Regards,
Indalo
Hi again Indalo,

Firstly, as I write this, I am not officially or unofficially a dealer or trader unless advertising used bikes for sale in the classified section of the forum owned by me personally is considered dealing.

I will however, if all goes according to plan, soon be trading officially. With that in mind, from today, I will not covertly or overtly promote products that I will be selling. Once I have started to trade, I may well ask for an advertising banner on the forum.

Presumably, no one would have a problem if I reply to a direct question related to any product I might be selling?

I will continue to post on issues not related to my sales or business interests.

Finally, I welcome advice, suggestions and constructive criticism whether on the forum or by PM. I don't expect to wait long;)

Last edited by a moderator:

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Hi again Indalo,

Firstly, as I write this, I am not officially or unofficially a dealer or trader unless advertising used bikes for sale in the classified section of the forum owned by me personally is considered dealing.

I will however, if all goes according to plan, soon be trading officially. With that in mind, from today, I will not covertly or overtly promote products that I will be selling. Once I have started to trade, I may well ask for an advertising banner on the forum.

Presumably, no one would have a problem if I reply to a direct question related to any product I might be selling?

I will continue to post on issues not related to my sales or business interests.

Finally, I welcome advice, suggestions and constructive criticism whether on the forum or by PM. I don't expect to wait long;)

Good approach John and I'm sure many will appreciate your straightforward honesty.. good luck with your business btw. I think business people can contribute a lot to the forum just as end users, especially on the technical side and sourcing parts etc, but I agree with Indalo that it would be better if traders were easily identifiable separate members, perhaps have the green header at the top of their posts, blue or some other colour..

C

Cyclezee

but I agree with Indalo that it would be better if traders were easily identifiable separate members, perhaps have the green header at the top of their posts, blue or some other colour..
That is a good suggestion Morphix, perhaps this could be incorporated in the next version of the forum which I understand is on the way. It may be worth putting the idea to Russ Scott, Forum Administrator.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Aldby, I really appreciate your recent comments and I now understand your position much better.

May I take the opportunity to wish you well in your venture. Anyone selling good quality ebikes and providing good service in all the ancilliary facets of the business is welcome here and I can't imagine anyone else with such a depth of experience in the various brands out there being better qualified to know a good one when he sees it.

Regards,
Indalo

C

Cyclezee

Aldby, I really appreciate your recent comments and I now understand your position much better.

May I take the opportunity to wish you well in your venture. Anyone selling good quality ebikes and providing good service in all the ancilliary facets of the business is welcome here and I can't imagine anyone else with such a depth of experience in the various brands out there being better qualified to know a good one when he sees it.

Regards,
Indalo

Hi Indalo,
I thank you for your comments and wishes which I appreciate, but they are just a little over the top:eek:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
All things considered Streethawk, honesty is always the best policy. Almost since I joined this forum, I suspected that things were perhaps not quite as they seemed.

I think one or two of my previous postings touched a nerve somewhere but I have had a number of messages from forum members and ex-forum members suggesting that there is a cabal comprising certain senior members who have vested interests and that is why certain makes, certain dealers and certain importers always seem to be reviewed and regarded highly whereas others are almost condemned as worthless..........
If you are going to make accusations then you should also come clean and spell it out otherwise it's just hearsay and everybody would be best to disregard it and treat it as just muck stirring with no basis in fact.

Last edited:

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
NRG, I can't really understand your point, if indeed you have a point to make. Maybe something I've said sometime has upset or annoyed you in which case, you should have said at the time.

With regard to the issues raised in this thread, I don't think I've made any accusations as such. It has certainly been suggested to me, as I said, that there are forces at work within this forum who seem intent on maintaining a status quo which suits their limited number. Maybe you're part of that group; I don't know. What I do know is that there has been some dismissive reviewing of certain machinery, (undeservedly, I believe!) which has served certain senior members here very well.

Armed with only limited information, (although I firmly believe what I've heard) I cannot make direct accusations for obvious reasons so if you wish to regard what I have written as hearsay and muck-spreading, I cannot argue with that although that was never my intention.

You've been around this forum for a long time so may I ask you if you're content with things just the way they are? Would you make any changes?

I would appreciate your comments more if they were positive in regard to the issue at hand rather than some kind of personal attack on my integrity for daring to mention the possibility that some low-level corrupt practice might actually exist within the forum.

Regards,
Indalo

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
NRG, I can't really understand your point, if indeed you have a point to make. Maybe something I've said sometime has upset or annoyed you in which case, you should have said at the time.
No you've not upset me at all but you have made an accusation.

With regard to the issues raised in this thread, I don't think I've made any accusations as such. It has certainly been suggested to me, as I said, that there are forces at work within this forum who seem intent on maintaining a status quo which suits their limited number. Maybe you're part of that group; I don't know. What I do know is that there has been some dismissive reviewing of certain machinery, (undeservedly, I believe!) which has served certain senior members here very well.
You certainly have made an accusation and repeated it again, this is an open forum so if you have something to prove or say they say it...put up or retract the comments.

Armed with only limited information, (although I firmly believe what I've heard) I cannot make direct accusations for obvious reasons so if you wish to regard what I have written as hearsay and muck-spreading, I cannot argue with that although that was never my intention.
So it is hearsay, I'll treat it as such unless it's proven otherwise.

You've been around this forum for a long time so may I ask you if you're content with things just the way they are? Would you make any changes?

I would appreciate your comments more if they were positive in regard to the issue at hand rather than some kind of personal attack on my integrity for daring to mention the possibility that some low-level corrupt practice might actually exist within the forum.
Ah! don't try to turn it around it's your comments that sparked my reply, no one questioned your integrity but some may question your motives or what you are trying to achieve with your comments above.

Regarding the forum I'm very happy with it, there's a great membership here and I've learnt a lot from it and them plus I hope I've contributed and also given something back. I welcome the move to ID trade members in a clearer way and I whole heartedly welcome trade involvement as the forum would be poorer without it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Regards,
Indalo
I've personally resented your mention of this as unjustified innuendo. I've been in this forum from the very first post and have never seen the slightest sign of the corrupt practice you hint at. Your returns to this subject hint at an obsession.

Either spell it out and name possible names, or drop the subject.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Oh dear NRG!

Your response to my last was entirely predictable. Clearly, you have issues with me that nothing I might say could possibly assuage. I really didn't want to reduce this fairly intelligent discussion to a personal level but you seem insistent that I have made an accusation, indeed made it and repeated it.

I have read and re-read the passages to which I think you refer and I cannot see what might constitute an accusation. Previously, I admitted that it was not unfair for you to suggest I was guilty of muck-spreading or repeating what might be regarded as hearsay. Obviously, that wasn't enough for you. If I cannot express my opinion without accusing anybody in particular of behaviour or conduct incompatible with the well-meant intentions of this forum, then it's a sad day. By my opinion, I refer to my comments about dismissive reviewing, etc......or perhaps you mean something else.

You have joined this particular bandwagon rather late in the day and I can't ever recall you initiating any movement for change or improvement. You have stated you're very happy with the forum so I guess you just accept what passes for impartial advice or unbiased opinion without question.

You mentioned my motives and what I might be trying to achieve. Well, let's be clear; I am NOT selling or hoping to sell anything for profit by membership of this forum. I read the pages for knowledge and information but I want to be informed in an honest way; I don't want to read reports or reviews about particular machines clearly written in such a way as to paint a competitor's machine in a good light, just because that competitor, perhaps, happens to cosy up to certain senior members of this forum.

I'm not sure how many members on the list can be called active members of the forum but I know that a large number spend more time on the Endless Sphere site than here. Many of those became disenchanted, I'm sure, by people just like you NRG. There's an old saying: "There's none so blind as those who will not see!" I put you firmly in that camp.

Indalo

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Good Lord; flecc's joined in!

You know exactly what I'm on about flecc! Of course, I must be entirely wrong and totally out of order for even thinking such horrid, unpalatable things might exist within your sphere of influence. Wrong simply because you say so flecc! That's the way things work round here...right!

If my postings have done nothing else, perhaps....just maybe.....some of the ordinary and recently joined members might now view some of the "expert" contributions to the forum with a pinch of salt.

I'm not going to patronise you flecc as I consider you are instrumental in maintaining a "closed shop" as it were in this forum.

You and the likes of NRG are responsible for the current situation within this forum. More honesty and transparency from you and other senior members is required before members can trust what they are told by those senior members.

I'm really tired of this nonsense, this smokescreen thrown up every time anything pertinent to truth is raised here. I have nothing to hide and I don't receive any freebies, I don't get a "drink"......I don't get asked to do reviews nor do I want to be!

I exist quite happily without any need for reverence from other people and I will always help anybody in need. As this forum is your personal playground flecc, I shouldn't really say anything without running it past you first but I detest all those people who think they're important when, rather than being a legend in their own lifetime, they're not even a legend in their own lunchtime!

Don't forget to draw attention to my use of sarcasm again in your response flecc......or maybe you'll view this posting as unworthy of a response from your place on high!

Indalo

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Indalo, no, no it wasn't.

You did not expect my reply, you thought you could make accusations about senior members of the forum and get away with it. You did not expext to be called on it and asked to back them up. So now you revert to sarcasm having been challenged, that speaks volumes. Nobody is forcing you to post on this forum or read it for that matter, you can go elsewhere if you don't like it here.

I'm bowing out of this thread now, I'll leave you to it.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I'd happily never post on here again NRG but I firmly believe that this forum would be a much better place without the like of you and some of your cronies, particularly the guru, (excuse me while I laugh!)...flecc.

You take advantage of the fact that I'd have to expose myself to legal scrutiny if I dare to mention the corruption amongst certain members here, knowing that solid evidence is difficult to gather. What you don't seem to grasp is what motive I might have. Why would I want to alienate myself over a petty little cycle forum? I want nothing from this site other than knowledge and honesty. When you exhaust all the possible reasons why I might wish to raise the issues I do, either you should conclude I'm mad or that I might just be on to something.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly flecc, in particular, but there are others, jump to the defence of the status quo in this forum. Why does flecc do that? Why would anyone want to do that?

Are there people who really don't want to be challenged? Is it because of vested interests? Does it all come down to money? Come on; tell me....tell everybody what it's all about. Don't condemn me for asking for honesty and transparency. Remember what that clown Kennedy repeated back in the early 60's: "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask rather, what you can do for your country!"

'Struth...I must be going mad! The expression, "bent as a nine-bob note" just came into my head.....and I immediately thought of someone on this forum.

To any new or recently joined members, I'd recommend you trust no-one on this forum and treat any advice re which bike to buy with a huge pinch of salt. Incidentally, the best definition of "guru" I can come up with is, "an influential teacher or popular expert." How open to abuse is that kind of job title or job description?

A very tired Indalo

C

Cyclezee

Sorry Indalo, but I think you have got this all wrong. None of us are perfect, I include myself in that and have on occasion posted twaddle and made comments which in hindsight I regret.

However, I do think if you had been on the forum for a bit longer, you would come to realise that Flecc is a unique person. Extremely fair, unbiased, extremely knowledgeable and has no commercial or financial intrerest in electric bikes whatsoever. He has incredible patience and is always willing to help by offering an opinion or advice on the most trivial issue over and over again.

If it was not for Flecc, this forum would probably not exist and we would all be the poorer for that.