Yosepower hub kits.

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
So far I have just used the two original bottle cage mounts and it has been OK but it is something I am keeping and eye on as the 16Ah battery is quite heavy.

Reactions: egroover

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
So far I have just used the two original bottle cage mounts and it has been OK but it is something I am keeping and eye on as the 16Ah battery is quite heavy.
Cheers, like you I think will go with the standard bottle mounts intially, and if i start doing some off road stuff will add some extra mounts
Cheers

Reactions: lyme

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks Nealh, great advice. A quick look on ebay shows torque ares in verious sizes, 12m, 14mm etc, any idea of what size the yosepower wheel uses?
If I get a longer BB, will the chain line be out on the right hand side, and hence will it rub the front derailleur or not change gears well ?
10mm X 12mm.

• Informative
Reactions: egroover and lyme

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Always advisable to fit a proper T/A, brake side is easier to fit.

• Informative
Reactions: egroover and lyme

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Always advisable to fit a proper T/A, brake side is easier to fit.
Thanks Nealh, great advice, will get one, less than a tenner for piece of mind

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Hay egroover - good luck with your new kit installation, it should be a breeze fingers crossed - I have a dolphin battery and the rack I got only reached 1 bottle cage hole so I use cable ties with no problems on 2 different bikes, I do use a high tensile strength screw though- Anyway my intention for butting in was to see how you actually get on with the PAS and its installation, when i got my other kit from YOSE it had the same PAS and I was not impressed at all, it did not contain anything but 4 magnets and a sensor from my recollection of it in bits after I got a bit mad with it, If they made it with bearings in or something it might work better, I have read that others have had problems with the same PAS, anyway let me know if you remember once it's installed.

Thanks in advance

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
hi all I have the 350w elifeshop/yosepower rear kit fitted to my kudos vita uno, and chose 7 speed freewheel and use a yosepower 10ah bottle battery.
my neighbour has tried my 250w tdz2 and bosch ktm and likes the the fact there is a throttle on my tdz2 bike.

he is now considering getting a kit and I have suggested the yose 350 as he is not too flush with money at the moment.
seeing the above post kit + 13ah seems about a very good deal .

but I do not know what to suggest re cassette or freewheel,
is there a 27.5 or 29 er vertion of the 350w yosepower +battery .

myself looking for descent 26" new bikes to fit a yose too seem few and far between all seem to be 27.5

thank you

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Y
Hay egroover - good luck with your new kit installation, it should be a breeze fingers crossed - I have a dolphin battery and the rack I got only reached 1 bottle cage hole so I use cable ties with no problems on 2 different bikes, I do use a high tensile strength screw though- Anyway my intention for butting in was to see how you actually get on with the PAS and its installation, when i got my other kit from YOSE it had the same PAS and I was not impressed at all, it did not contain anything but 4 magnets and a sensor from my recollection of it in bits after I got a bit mad with it, If they made it with bearings in or something it might work better, I have read that others have had problems with the same PAS, anyway let me know if you remember once it's installed.

Thanks in advance
Yep will do. My 1st conversion so I'll no doubt be back on here in the next week or two looking for advice
sorry to be a kn*b how do you use code for reduction my neighbour has only a phone no pc to order from ebay
Sorry, the deal's over now (just yesterday), however, keep an eye on the hotukdeals forum as it's sometimes repeated. The kit I've got is available direct on the yosepower website for about 335

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
My 1st conversion
Oooh - I am trying to think back to mine lol - If you are physically fit then it helps, not like me, after 16 hours I had painful muscles I didn't know I had until then lol - My only guidance is, know when to take a break and a breather, if something stumps you step away and think about, maybe over a cupa or if like me I small bottle of beer, youtube can be helpful, but also annoying, the bit you want a look at is off cam or edited out lol, I will see if my torque arm video is ready for posting HOWEVER it's for the front wheel and it's a bit of a different take, I had to place it inside the folks, that said 1000 miles later and its perfect whether it works or not is another matter BUT it looks tidy as ....! - so torque arm, never done a rear conversion but T/A can be a pain and tidying the wiring apart form cable ties there are some nice cable covers on ebay mainly orientated toward the RC drone market but I found one that stretches over two cables running alone the same part of the bike, other than that good luck and get some quality tools!

Oh and pop back for advice - not much from me but the other know what thier talking about :cool:

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
thanks egroover for reply.
I have bought 2 yosepower batteries from there ebay site in the past where they are shipped from germany .

the yosepower site shows 350w 26" +battery at £335 ships from berlin.
there ebay site shows the same kit at £360 , not bought direct from yosepower , anyone know if its freeshipping

thanks all

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
not bought direct from yosepower , anyone know if its freeshipping
Should be free shipping on ebay and the YOSE website but I think theres a £10 or £XX nominal fee for DHL handling when ordering off the YOSE site. BUT please read the T&C's carefully first

Its a bit cheaper than ebay because ebay takes a commission

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Should be free shipping on ebay and the YOSE website but I think theres a £10 or £XX nominal fee for DHL handling when ordering off the YOSE site. BUT please read the T&C's carefully first

Its a bit cheaper than ebay because ebay takes a commission
There's a 3% off code they send you if you sign up on the yosepower website, about a tenner discount on the motor / battery kit. I was set to order from the yosepower site until I saw the ebay code which with that made it a bit cheaper. Anyway, it's been shipped,, have ordered a torque arm too. Was considering drilling and adding an extra rivnut in addition to the bottle cage mounts, but the donor bike frame is aluminium and frightened I might weaken the frame, so will see how it goes. Cheers all

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Was considering drilling and adding an extra rivnut in addition to the bottle cage mounts
If it fits over the two bottle cage mounts, see how they hold up first and maybe get sum high tensile strength bolts with FLAT heads to replace the bottle cage screws as they may have a large head and the battery rack may not be deep enough thus causing the battery not to fit. the pic on the right is near standard bolt I had this problem with my rack!
flat.jpg large.jpg

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Thanks for all of the info so far :)
My kits has landed int he UK, should be with me in a day or 2.
Hopefully get some time at the weekend to start building it.
Apart from the wheelsize and kmh/mph settings, is there anything worth changing in the KT-LCD3 setup ? I'm assuming level 6 assist is full power with the yosepower kit. I might setup a level which is limited to 15.5mph as a comparision/legal mode.
There's loads of different settings buried in there from what I can tell, best to leave alone and just ride ?
Cheers

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
LCD3 only has 5 pas levels, 0 is no assist.

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
Done around 80 miles so far on my new Yose Power rear hub kit and been very pleased with it so far with plenty of power on the hills but the throttle doesn't half drain the battery but still great.

Ready for my next project now!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Throttle is akin to riding in pas 5 so battery range will suffer.

I use mine for 50+ mile rides and last one last week was 71 miles, so for range and saving mah I use mainly pas1 to 17mph and then 0 for up to 19mph on flatter terrain. Occasionally I use pas 5 for steeper inclines, though I do use 48v as well with 17a controller.
When I'm with in 10 - 15 miles of home I will up the assist if I feel like it.

I have a Q128C to compare it too and in my mind the Yose hub is the better of the two, so much so I don't use the Q now,

Last edited:
Reactions: lyme

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
LCD3 only has 5 pas
beat me to it lol

changing in the KT-LCD3 setup
Oh yes lots in my eyes - like nealh say throttle is on pas 5 - I have found that changing that to match the PAS level on display stop me from catching it and flying off into the sunset but I didn't have set like that to start with as I thought throttle gave me a good boost if your in a stupid gear when stopped at traffic lights HOWEVER if you set it to match the displayed PAS level I found that when you throttle and pedal (with PAS sensor on and working) it'll override the PAS level displayed and boost you up to level 5 until you stop pedalling.

I have a picture(penned out on paper) of my LCD settings somewhere I will put it up so you can compare it with default settings - just let us know if you want to see it!

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Thanks all. Kit has arrived (Yosepower 350w rear wheel, 13ah battery etc) in a big box, itching to get started, but just no time until the weekend :-(
Yes please, PC2017, be great to see your LCD3 settings, I'm not planning on installing the throttle, just the PAS crank sensor, will save me some time in getting up and running with a tried and tested config :)

Cheers all

Last edited: