Yosepower hub kits.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
No error messages showing up
Oh sorry Hi Andrew lol

You may have a faulty 4to1 cable check the pins at the controller end and see if any are loose, I have had a faulty cable before, esp if all your other throttles don't work either, I would contact YOSE / Alice they might send you another cable out if you are still under warranty, I would expect a lengthy email conversation though communication is a bit tricky:rolleyes:o_O

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
www.simplicityin.training
Hi,

I am guessing the fault might be with the cable, there are not to many setting variations on the LCD. Online I found a cable, but not in this country. So I have ordered a couple of cables, the four to one and also a spare controller to motor cable. 3 days and it should be here. If the existing cable is faulty, then I can get the company I bought the kit from to them to replace it at my leisure.

https://boxbike.dk/da/kabler-gashåndtag/334-forgreningskabel-1t4-til-elcykel-julet-135-cm.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
Hi. On my kit, the setting P2 = 1 and not 6. Its important with multicore cables not to put too sharp a bend. There is also a recommendation not to tighten cable ties too much, so I presume these cables can be damaged.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
the four to one
Check the brake sensor ends YOSE has theirs the other way round and I think its unique to YOSE but the throttle connector will be the same

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
Hi Sturmy. Found that there is no signal on one line of the three from the throttle. I don’t have any sharp bends on my routing. I am on your advise check the one place where I have a cable clamp firmly holding a cable in place. As it’s on an extension cable I can bypass it to find out if the error is in that section.

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
Hi Sturmy, the P2 setting is based on the specs I found for my motor, which is a 250w 36V Bafang Fun8 unit. I cut and pasted the info into my spreadsheet. I understand this is the number of magnets. Tried your option and made no difference. I think it’s a dud cable, so will have another try on Saturday.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Never use cable ties on wiring as they can pinch the thin wires breaking them, instead buy and use double sided Velcro.

Len2000

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 26, 2018
Hi just received my kit from Yose Power-I have the down tube battery-how do I remove from the base -I've unlocked it and the bolt has gone down-I guess it should slide and lift-it seems impossible to move. Also I won't need the brake levers with switches-I'm using PAS-do I just leave them not connected.Any advice would be welcome..

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
-I have the down tube battery-
Some batteries can be tricky to remove from the rack mine was all them moons ago.... the lock should be up inside the battery case not so you can feel it or see it from underneath, depending on the battery style you'll need to hold the rack with one hand and slide the battery up, it's a bit hard to explain but keep trying... + for safety I would use the brake sensors if its your 1st ebike or YOSE do sell just the sensor that fits under your own brakes otherwise the kit will work without them connected!

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
Agree with PC2017 - fit the brake sensors!

Sometimes you need to be able to pedal without having a surge of power - such as when changing gear whilst slowing down.

Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
when changing gear whilst slowing down
Kudos laser man - yer I find myself using my brake as a clutch when approaching traffic lights, in the early days I actually was on PAS 5 thinking I'd switched down at lights and with no brake on I hit the throttle - not good

I know why people don't want the kit brakes even though at one point I did use them and they are actually good brake levers but the new bike had the gears on the brake levels so I reverted back to my brake sensors without levers, a part from aligning them and the occasional unsticking they are the best, 3 years old and not one problem!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
These rear kits from YOSE is the axle designed for a freewheel or freehub?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
These rear kits from YOSE is the axle designed for a freewheel or freehub?
Both select the right kit .

Freehubs are listed as cassette motor wheel, freewheel are listed just as rear motor wheel.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
If you are talking about the full kits with battery, strangely, the 28" is for a freewheel and the 26" is for a cassette and I'm sure I've read here in the past that they will only supply that wheel with the kit. Worth asking though I guess, if you require a different one.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
select the right kit
I see that now, maybe I should have mentioned my original quandary, I have a 7 speed rear freewheel and I was looking at the 48V SWX02 kit on woosh to save the hassle of getting a decent battery from the US as I think the "jumbo shark" on Jimmy's site looks massive, not HL and for its size a handle would be nice, so if I am going to forego the handle I would rather have a HL case....which woosh do, although the battery is using Panasonic NCR 18650 B which will be a fare alternative.

full kits with battery,
Yer I noticed that too, there's so much to consider when planning a new build sometimes I get a bit lost in my ideas and thoughts:rolleyes::confused:

I do like the 48V SWX02 and similar in price with YOSE with a half decent battery...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
From Germany many China companies warehouse batteries as well as a few German AKKU sellers.
Elifebike are selling /dispatching from Frankfurt, currently 13s 5p with LGM26 cells. LG's newer range of INR18650 with 2600mah 10a rated cells, amp draw wise much superior the older ICR 26F/H & J.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EU-Free-48V-13Ah-LG-LGEBM261865-Lithium-Ionen-Batterie-fur-E-Fahrrad-Rahmenakk/253931470723?hash=item3b1f7ebf83:g:pcQAAOSwOxdbNQP-

From Harvest Moon seller aka Enerprof/Enerpower, massive17.5ah 10s5p using Sanyo GA cells. How good is that one of the top cells available in the 10a rating.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENERpower-Hailong-Pro-36V-37V-Rahmen-Li-Ion-Akku-17-50Ah-GA-Ladegerat-2A/253848114145?epid=16013471415&hash=item3b1a86d3e1:g:ceIAAOSwDftbgprq

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Also visit Enerprof.de aka Enerpower for more battery options of all kinds.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH