Help! 1. PAS working only on full power, 2. unknown wires on Controller

hubo1173

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 7, 2019
Northampton
hi I cant open that 1st link, my breaks are disk one and there is wire actually 2 wires coming out of leavers, maybe stupid question but what is bottom bracket,

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
hi I cant open that 1st link, my breaks are disk one and there is wire actually 2 wires coming out of leavers, maybe stupid question but what is bottom bracket,
Try this.

Bottom Bracket is what carries the pedal arms/cranks of the bike.
Your levers are combo brake/shifters by the sound of it, pics again. If so you will want normal cut out levers for wire brakes.

hubo1173

Jul 7, 2019
Northampton
Hi
Thank you very much for your time and help really appreciate it.
I will order parts and hopefully i will get everything right .
To recap if i understood everything correctly. I have 2 options: 1st to buy whole kit and it should be easier to instal/ plug & play or 2nd option is to buy just controller and in that case i need to adjust wires and do some soldering. Is that correct?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi
Thank you very much for your time and help really appreciate it.
I will order parts and hopefully i will get everything right .
To recap if i understood everything correctly. I have 2 options: 1st to buy whole kit and it should be easier to instal/ plug & play or 2nd option is to buy just controller and in that case i need to adjust wires and do some soldering. Is that correct?
Nearly, you will need a KT display for compatibility others won't work.

Reactions: hubo1173

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
No you will need either a new 3 wire twist grip or a 3 wire thumb throttle.

hubo1173

Jul 7, 2019
Northampton
No you will need either a new 3 wire twist grip or a 3 wire thumb throttle.
Hi I have received all my new kit and starting to connect all together step by step. New kit looks easy enough to connect. Still waiting for hall sensor white connector.

What i want to ask is about front light and horn switch see photos attached and diagram which i found on net how to connect it. Should it be connected to red and black wire from battery as well or what is best way to do it am i missing something or am i able to connect and operate front light to new KT LCD 5 display , it is mentioned in manual.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Which controller did you get in the end ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
According to TBK it has a Yellow/Black connector for light out put.

hubo1173

Jul 7, 2019
Northampton
does it mean to simply connect light to that wires and thats it , but on light i got 3 wires
Hi boss, front light connection to KT lcd5 display and controller is working. I took off old switch for light and horn dont really need it. Just waiting for hall sensor connector to be delivered and will start to assembly everything