1000 miles done on Crossfuse E

Aug 28, 2018
So I hit my 1000th mile today on my Crossfuse and thought I'd give everyone an update on how the bike has held up. In short pretty much perfect. All the cycle parts are the same and I've not needed to replace anything yet.

I'm still getting around 70 miles per charge in tour mode and around 35 in turbo mode so the battery is still holding up well. I am charging the battery when it hits the 2nd to last bar as that was the advice given to me when I got the bike.

My rear tyre looks like it will need replacing in the next 500 miles and the chain has barely stretched at all. Gears all work perfect after I adjusted them self. The brake pads still have loads of life in them and won't need replacing any time soon. The only things that will need replacing is the wheel rims as I have over loaded my bike too many times and I'm a large rider weighing in at 102kg. I've been known to load the bike up with a good 40kg wroth of shopping on the rack and on my back which was a mistake.

The bike has had 0 cut out but did random give me an error code after a long ride on a very hot day so I guessed this was a over heating code as I reset the system and it went away. It hasn't come back since.

So all in all the bike has been perfect. I run slime in my tubes so I've not been stuck by the side of the road :)

I'm a driver and a motorcyclist, but my Crossfuse has replaced both my motorcycle and car for 90% of my trips now! Buying an E-bike is one of the best things I've ever done! I've not lost any weight but I'm much fitter now and I'm still looking for reasons to use it.

I love the fact that I can cycle to meetings and still be in a fit state to be in the meeting. I've got two really good D locks and an alarm under the seat so I feel a little better leaving a the bike racks!

Other cyclists can be dicks to me though, mainly hardcore cyclists look down on you and call you cheater. It used to make me really made but I tell them to **** off now as this has happened maybe 5/6 times to me now.

All in all the Crossfuse is great bike and has been perfect for me! I'd give it a solid 9 out of 10. The only reason I don't give it a 10 out of 10 is because they ship the bike with the slow charger. I wish they shipped it with the fast charger as it can feel like an age when waiting for it to charge if you're in a rush.

Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi, Glad it has been good for you, I bought one 2 weeks ago but have not had chance to use it yet due to weather/bad cold but should be out on it this week, looking forward to how it compares against my Wisper 905.......

Aug 28, 2018
This is my second E-bike. I got the Crossfire first but the bike broke down all the time. Cut out without warning so I took it back and replaced it with the crossfuse which has been amazing! The Crossfire on the other hand is a pile of crap and Halfords shouldn't be selling them as the issues are unbelievably common!

Let us know how they compare please :D

Oct 26, 2018
So I hit my 1000th mile today on my Crossfuse and thought I'd give everyone an update on how the bike has held up. In short pretty much perfect. All the cycle parts are the same and I've not needed to replace anything yet.

I'm still getting around 70 miles per charge in tour mode and around 35 in turbo mode so the battery is still holding up well. I am charging the battery when it hits the 2nd to last bar as that was the advice given to me when I got the bike.

My rear tyre looks like it will need replacing in the next 500 miles and the chain has barely stretched at all. Gears all work perfect after I adjusted them self. The brake pads still have loads of life in them and won't need replacing any time soon. The only things that will need replacing is the wheel rims as I have over loaded my bike too many times and I'm a large rider weighing in at 102kg. I've been known to load the bike up with a good 40kg wroth of shopping on the rack and on my back which was a mistake.

The bike has had 0 cut out but did random give me an error code after a long ride on a very hot day so I guessed this was a over heating code as I reset the system and it went away. It hasn't come back since.

So all in all the bike has been perfect. I run slime in my tubes so I've not been stuck by the side of the road :)

I'm a driver and a motorcyclist, but my Crossfuse has replaced both my motorcycle and car for 90% of my trips now! Buying an E-bike is one of the best things I've ever done! I've not lost any weight but I'm much fitter now and I'm still looking for reasons to use it.

I love the fact that I can cycle to meetings and still be in a fit state to be in the meeting. I've got two really good D locks and an alarm under the seat so I feel a little better leaving a the bike racks!

Other cyclists can be dicks to me though, mainly hardcore cyclists look down on you and call you cheater. It used to make me really made but I tell them to **** off now as this has happened maybe 5/6 times to me now.

All in all the Crossfuse is great bike and has been perfect for me! I'd give it a solid 9 out of 10. The only reason I don't give it a 10 out of 10 is because they ship the bike with the slow charger. I wish they shipped it with the fast charger as it can feel like an age when waiting for it to charge if you're in a rush.
My previous Weimaraner had problems with her front paws for a time, wanted to run with my bike, but it hurt and so I bought a bike trailer for dogs, which I now use for extra heavy shopping (seldom!).
Maybe that is a good idea for you?
I bought mine secondhand for around 50 UK Pounds.....something like this:-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Do...4:g:Fv0AAOSw5xhcUv8M:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true
regards
Andy

Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I also had a Crossfire which was great apart from those damn cutouts happening so it was returned back to Halfords for refund, then I bought the Wisper which has been superb and have now decided on the Crossfuse as it was a good price and I fancied a crank motor for a change.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For battery cell life the slow charger is more beneficial for the cells and will provide longer life.

gbb

Just Joined
Jan 27, 2019
I assume you have the Suntour motor system on your crossfuse Kingsknight ?

I must have well over 500 miles on my Crossfire, Suntour motor...and while its cut out on some occasions, not very often. Everything else has been brilliant..TBH, even at 1000 miles, if a bike hasn't been abused, everything should be ok, quite capable of many more miles.

It does occur to me the poor rep the suntour system has, what sort of life can you expect from it. I've had no regrets buying it...but I didn't know about its apparent weaknesses when I did buy it.

gbb

Just Joined
Jan 27, 2019
Looking at your final paragraph regarding the charger....you can maybe take some solace in that a fast charger may well shorten the life of a battery compared to a slow one.

Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Today was my first outing on the Carrera Crossfuse I did just over 17 miles around the Peak District with an elevation gain of 2093 ft and descent of 2051 ft, the steepest gradient was 18.2%. The bike coped well with it all and felt more nimble than my Wisper 905se and rolled really well with no drag from the motor, whether it is any more capable at climbing than the Wisper is hard to tell at the moment as I have not been out on a bike in the last six weeks so legs and stamina are a bit lacking but I suspect it will be better ( although i couldn't criticize the Wisper in any way).....