11000 watts/60 mph bike on ebay

_g_

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 14, 2008
jbond - you don't have to be the same 'jbond' from the notobikeparkingcharges lot do you?

I'm impressed so many people on here work on "the law is the law". I know a few police people and they themselves happily break some laws, especially traffic ones.
Similarly, people have been found guilty in court of laws they didn't break.

I can see that electric bikes will become like a variety of things where those breaking the law do 'spoil' it for those that don't.
My personal opinion is that the very basis this sort of action should it's self be challenged and not accepted as the way it happens.
However, personally I doubt you fill found power levels restricted further - more likely it's made harder to buy legal bikes/kits (as with numberplates - it's not really any harder to buy 'show plates' that were already illegal for public use, but a lot harder to buy legal plates.)

Oh and I would certainly agree that the bike in the original case looks rather questionable for sustained 60mph riding - but I've certainly sustained 30mph on must less suitable bikes (no electric, just long steep hills). I actually popped in here thinking there may be some discussion on the bike as thought it might be a good setup to stick in to a real motorbike for electric conversion (though not at the price he's asking.)
And on that, yes, if you regularly ride faster (motor)bikes you do become more accustomed to the environment of going fastish and generally do learn the skills to react better.

Last edited:

jbond

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2010
Ware, Herts
www.voidstar.com
Page 14 is interesting on top speed testing.

25kmph max.
+10% for testing accuracy = 27.5kmph
Ride to 1.25 * this = 34.375kmph
Verify that the current taken by the motor is the same as the no-load current.

On a geared hub motor, the assist drops to zero when the motor reaches it's no-load rpm and the internal freewheel over-runs.

So what they're really saying is that the no-load rpm must not exceed 34.375kmph or 21.36 mph.

So the intent is that assist drops off above 15mph and has dropped to zero at 21mph.

Given the suggested testing procedure, the power restriction is really about acceleration from zero over 20m. So electronics could be used to deliberately ramp the acceleration from 0-5mph and give an apparent reduction in power. And top speed could be current limited so that the motor only takes 1A or so above 21mph but full current below that.

So all those bikes that will do 18-19 mph "de-restricted" may still be inside the legal testing. And the motor could provide 1Kw at 10-15mph and still be legal.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Interesting......good find.....

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi If that is Ok what a good Find as that is perfect for climbing hills and pulling large people about that is the main problem with current e bikes

I think we could all live with the 25 KPH but the US speed would be nice at 22MPH would be perfect as this is available from most Chines bike

The new range off controllers are USB programmable so you enter the wheel size and the controller hall sensors count the RPM for a very accurate speed then we can cut out power altogether

we can do this today with a infinion controller and a cycle annalist the power cuts out and the bike seems to hesitate

these kits available from www.ebikes.ca Homepage of the revolution also a Massive amount of information I have bought from them delivery by Fedex 4 days unfortunately you will have to pay Vat as it is illegal to under value goods in Canada

They take PayPal so you money is safe

Then we can have a 1 KW Hub motor running at 48 volts Perfect 21 MPH 99 % of the population

Makers as the US is a much bigger market than the UK

Frank

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So all those bikes that will do 18-19 mph "de-restricted" may still be inside the legal testing. And the motor could provide 1Kw at 10-15mph and still be legal.
This certainly seems to be the technical position adopted by manufacturers of the higher power models like eZee and Wisper, but the usage regulation is very different in the final EU wording agreed long ago:

“cycles with pedal assistance which are equipped with an auxiliary electric motor having a maximum continuous rated power of 0.25 kilowatts, of which the output is progressively reduced and finally cut off as the vehicle reaches a speed of 25 km/h, or as soon as the cyclist stops pedalling”

Last edited:

jbond

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2010
Ware, Herts
www.voidstar.com
This certainly seems to be the technical position adopted by manufacturers of the higher power models like eZee and Wisper, but the usage regulation is very different in the final EU wording agreed long ago:

“cycles with pedal assistance which are equipped with an auxiliary electric motor having a maximum continuous rated power of 0.25 kilowatts, of which the output is progressively reduced and finally cut off as the vehicle reaches a speed of 25 km/h, or as soon as the cyclist stops pedalling”
citation needed?