50cycles shop in London

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Hello, we'll be opening the 50cycles electric bike shop in Richmond, South West London very, very shortly. It's a great location with easy access to Richmond Park, the riverside and not too far from Richmond bus and rail stations.

We'll have a range of Kalkhoff electric bike models (and maybe a couple of their non-electric bikes) on show along with a selection of Yakkay and Casco helmets. There'll be bikes available for you to test ride and also an electric bike rental service.

More details including address and opening date to follow.

So, if you're in London and considering an electric bike and have held off buying a Kalkhoff because our main location was 100 miles north... that's all about to change.

Last edited:

tangent

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2010
This is very good news. A dedicated shop focussing on Panasonic assisted bikes is definitely needed in London.

I wish you well with this.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
This is very good news. A dedicated shop focussing on Panasonic assisted bikes is definitely needed in London.

I wish you well with this.
Thanks tangent!

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Brilliant - a pleasant 20 minute ride across Richmond Park from the splendours of Lemmy Towers!

For a publicity coup you ought to get Zac Goldsmith, the new environmentally minded Conservative MP for Richmond, to travel round his constituency on one.

Or maybe do a commute from Richmond to the House. The battery would easily make the round trip with plenty in reserve and the journey wouldn't take more than an hour door to door. Almost certainly quicker than the tube.

I suggested that e-bikes needed a higher profile to take off in the UK and this could be an opportunity to make a start.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Congratulations Tim, a handy and very pleasant location to refer South East residents to.

I look forward to the further details.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
I'd have liked to have done this years ago, but it's only recently the ideal property has come up. It also means I'll be cycling around 14 miles every day from now on, some of it through the glorious central avenue in Bushy Park, which is going to be excellent.

Yes, we'll certainly be looking for Zac Goldsmith's support.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
A great place to be. I lived there for a few months as a music student (in a camper van down by Richmond lock, but don't tell anyone).

Wishing you the very best of luck!

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
through the glorious central avenue in Bushy Park, which is going to be excellent.
You'll be getting that lovely smug feeling every day as you cycle home skirting round the long queue of traffic from Bushy Park onto the Hampton Court Road in the evening rush.

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Good luck I look with the new shop I forward to pics of the official opening.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Great stuff Mr T.

You guys must be doing well!:D :D

So when are you opening a shop in Bath? :)
bw
musicbooks

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
Hello, we'll be opening the 50cycles electric bike shop in Richmond, South West London very, very shortly. It's a great location with easy access to Richmond Park, the riverside and not too far from Richmond bus and rail stations.

We'll have a range of Kalkhoff electric bike models (and maybe a couple of their non-electric bikes) on show along with a selection of Yakkay and Casco helmets. There'll be bikes available for you to test ride and also an electric bike rental service.

More details including address and opening date to follow.

So, if you're in London and considering an electric bike and have held off buying a Kalkhoff because our main location was 100 miles north... that's all about to change.

Good to see you in London, though Richmond's hardly central to show off the Kalkhoffs as commuters. Not sure from me if Richmond is closer than Loughborough in journey time:D .

Good luck with it and await address/opening.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Good to see you in London, though Richmond's hardly central to show off the Kalkhoffs as commuters. Not sure from me if Richmond is closer than Loughborough in journey time:D .

Good luck with it and await address/opening.
Ah, but there's a handy overground service (used to be the Silverlink) to Richmond from Finchley Road & Frognal, only takes about half an hour.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
You're a guitar player, I take it, Django?
Now how did you guess? ;) Lots of good memories of playing jazz in and around London. Got a 'sensible' job and a young family now having married a gypsy jazz violinist.

And you are a bass player with a large wart and a serious moustache no doubt? :D

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
We put the first bikes in display in there this afternoon and I was surprised at the early interest - schoolkids and their dads stopping in their tracks. Someone saw me gliding uphill on an a Tasman before going into the shop and had to stop me to check how I did it. This is going to be fun.

Looking like we will be fully open next week. I will post full details shortly and publish a new dedicated page on our website.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
With bike?;)
Good question. Yes London Overground currently allows cycles on its trains and conveys them free of charge provided it is safe to do so.

Due to space constraints, cycles are not permitted on services between Willesden Junction High Level and Gospel Oak or between Gospel Oak and Blackhorse Road in either direction between 0800 - 1000 and 1630 - 1830.

On the Euston to Watford Line cycles are not permitted on London Overground services timed to arrive at London Euston between 0700 - 1000 or depart London Euston between 1630 and 1900.

These restrictions apply on Mondays to Fridays only. There are no restrictions on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Folding bicycles can be carried on any of our services at any time. Only one cycle is allowed per customer and this must be folded and within a limit of one cycle per vestibule area.