6 months of petrol research is finished.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Oh and just out of interest.
Did someone snap the bikes out of your hands or did you have trouble selling them? I suppose you sold them via the forum's though!

Nice to see your savings in petrol were spent on some new technology Bob:D

Knowing the pain you went through with getting hold of your Pro C i'm glad its doing the business for you. I've just got rid of both of my elecric bikes and went out for 12 miles on my muscle powered variety yesterday. Boy how i missed those amps.

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
HI Bob

As Flecc says they lasted about 10 days. I priced them fairly cheap to get a quick sale. I have since purchased some Marin MTBs off the ebay to practice my maintainence skills on. i'm determined to learn a bit more about the mechanics of bikes so I dont have to employ the services of the bike shop every time something needs doing. The only danger of course is that you spen more time tinkering than riding:D motor or no motor, i'm really looking forward to a break in the weather so I can get some serious miles in.

i'll still be around on the forum chipping in if appropriate and there is much that is relevant to the unpowered cyclist anyway.

Take it easy

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
As Flecc says they lasted about 10 days.
I'd have bitten your hand off 10 days earlier if I'd noticed the advert sooner (I kept mistaking it for an old one). I'd been planning to get my wife a 45cm Agattu for a while and was just waiting for the weather to warm up first. Then I finally noticed your advert, and the 50c price hikes, and in-spite of the sub-zero temperatures, snow and a touch of flu, I couldn't get to Coventry fast enough.

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

This is the most amazing maths sounds like you choose the right bike for you, I hope mine will save me as much money. If I was fitter I would have gone for the Proconnect.

It is so good to see the real figures of what these bikes save people and that some people are making there money back in only 6 months.

Not only is this economical but before my ice accident I had lost over 6 Kg of weight in only 2 months. Cannot wait to get back on me bike.

Thx

Bob

Hi all,
I've just crunched the numbers on 6 months of petrol receipts.
I listed all my petrol use 6 months before I got my Kalkhoff Pro Connect (Dec 2007 to June 2008).
Then all my petrol use since I started commuting to work on my bike (June 2008 to Dec 2008).
The petrol use also includes my pleasure use of the car with my family (we all carnt get on the bike!).

Here are the figures.....

Spent before bike = £828.47
Spent after bike = £309.57.

The average spend on petrol before bike was 138.08 per month.
The average since the bike is now £51.60 per month.
The Average save by using the bike is £86.48 per month.

I've saved £518.90 in 6 months and im 10Ibs lighter and a lot fitter.

Yearly spend before the bike was £1656.94.
Yearly spend should now be £619.14
Yearly saving from now on should be £1037.80

The Pro Connect will have payed for its self in 16 months.

I hope this helps anyone when deciding if these bikes are cost effective enough.

PS you have to ride it to work EVERY day though!!!

Oh, and Sheffield has some of the cheapest petrol in the UK, so you're results could be even better !

Regards Bob.
Last edited by burncycle : 14th February 2009 at 04:52.

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Oh yeah forgot to mention I saved £224 in Taxi and Bus costs since owning an electric bike but would have been more had I not slipped in the ice. Back at work tommorow so should be back on me bike anyday

Hi

This is the most amazing maths sounds like you choose the right bike for you, I hope mine will save me as much money. If I was fitter I would have gone for the Proconnect.

It is so good to see the real figures of what these bikes save people and that some people are making there money back in only 6 months.

Not only is this economical but before my ice accident I had lost over 6 Kg of weight in only 2 months. Cannot wait to get back on me bike.

Thx

Bob

Quote:
Hi all,
I've just crunched the numbers on 6 months of petrol receipts.
I listed all my petrol use 6 months before I got my Kalkhoff Pro Connect (Dec 2007 to June 2008).
Then all my petrol use since I started commuting to work on my bike (June 2008 to Dec 2008).
The petrol use also includes my pleasure use of the car with my family (we all carnt get on the bike!).

Here are the figures.....

Spent before bike = £828.47
Spent after bike = £309.57.

The average spend on petrol before bike was 138.08 per month.
The average since the bike is now £51.60 per month.
The Average save by using the bike is £86.48 per month.

I've saved £518.90 in 6 months and im 10Ibs lighter and a lot fitter.

Yearly spend before the bike was £1656.94.
Yearly spend should now be £619.14
Yearly saving from now on should be £1037.80

The Pro Connect will have payed for its self in 16 months.

I hope this helps anyone when deciding if these bikes are cost effective enough.

PS you have to ride it to work EVERY day though!!!

Oh, and Sheffield has some of the cheapest petrol in the UK, so you're results could be even better !

Regards Bob.
Last edited by burncycle : 14th February 2009 at 04:52.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
wotwozere
View Public Profile
Send a private message to wotwozere
Send email to wotwozere
Find all posts by wotwozere
Add wotwozere to Your Buddy List
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

vBulletin Message

Cancel Changes
Quick Reply
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted
Okay

Bold

Italic

Underline

Insert Link

Insert Image

Wrap
tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size

Switch Editor Mode
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Options
Quote message in reply?
Posting Quick Reply - Please Wait Posting Quick Reply - Please Wait

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode
Search this Thread

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread