A random thread for things too unimportant for their own thread...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A friend of mine, who's a forum member and contributed to the vaping thread switched to vaping several years ago. He's presently on chemo for throat cancer at only 49 years old. I'm not saying that they're related, but the stuff they put in there is completely unregulated and many things are cancerous when burned.
Yes, Neptune and others in the vaping thread raised the same point, calling for less insinuations about e-cigarette use and more attention to regulating the fluids where the possible danger could be.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
TBH I find the whole thing a bit odd, and I am assuming that like proper smokers most are unbelievably selfish and easily take offence. I cringe at my own selfishness as a smoker when I remember going to my mother in laws home for a meal and then lighting up a cigar afterwards.. Always a fag after food, long time ago but I remember it well.
I wonder if Smokers accuse Vaperers of cheating?

• :D
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
It's not broccoli or cheese and I'm jealous, even though I don't dabble anymore
True story..
A goodly many years ago I used to breed small birds and to get them into fettle I gave them hemp seed which I bought from the local pet shop. More recently I remembered this when I noticed some hemp like seeds in the wild bird mix and the birds would scatter seed everywhere just to root them out cos they seem to like them.
Moving along..
The scattered seeds grew into grass and stuff, one of the stuff being a nice looking seedling which my wife potted up and because of the potting up referred to it as her Pot Plant.. See where I am going? Next doors Daughter just happened to be high up in the Police and during a visit was quite taken by our Pot Plant, explaining that it probably was really a Pot Plant and had us destroy it..
Shame I didn't know SW at that time...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
hemp seeds have been treated so all you will get is males or some hermi ones in there but they wont flower like a female plant and just grow balls with pollen in them.

the leaves will look like a weed plant but you wont get the flowers n you cant get done for growing hemp plants lol.

you can get the real seeds here ;)
http://www.herbiesheadshop.com/

• Informative
Reactions: tommie

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
real vapes dont burn anything there more like a hot air gun that blows in to a bag like my volcano ;)
And it just might be the heat, rather than the chemical composition, that is most dangerous. Apparently people who regularly drink very hot drinks are more prone to certain cancers. (I don't mean ordinary tea-or-coffee in a mug hot, but hotter than most of us would be willing to drink.)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
And it just might be the heat, rather than the chemical composition, that is most dangerous. Apparently people who regularly drink very hot drinks are more prone to certain cancers. (I don't mean ordinary tea-or-coffee in a mug hot, but hotter than most of us would be willing to drink.)
the vapour is not hot at all tho it is enough to convert the thc in to vapour and not burn the plant matter.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A friend of mine, who's a forum member and contributed to the vaping thread switched to vaping several years ago. He's presently on chemo for throat cancer at only 49 years old. I'm not saying that they're related, but the stuff they put in there is completely unregulated and many things are cancerous when burned.
God knows what stuff they use in them but they stink something rotten.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Just reading in the news this morning that vaping in the car could be considered as using an electronic hand held device whilst driving and suffer the same penalty as using a phone.
Are there any vapers out there?
A vaping tool is not electronic, it is electrical. It comprises an electric cell for power and a resistance heating element . Any defense lowyer would love to have such a case to defend...

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
the vapour is not hot at all tho it is enough to convert the thc in to vapour and not burn the plant matter.
I couldn't locate anything which mentioned the actual heating effect on mouth, lips, tongue and even throat. What I did see where many discussions about the temperature setting which seemed to be somewhere around 200 C - but I do not know what that reduces to before taking it in.

D

Deleted member 4366

A vaping tool is not electronic, it is electrical. It comprises an electric cell for power and a resistance heating element . Any defense lowyer would love to have such a case to defend...
The ones I've seen have LCDs on the side - definitely electronic.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Not that I am tempted to try one, but I wonder what its like.. I seem to remember from my smoking days that although heavily addicted, I didnt actually like it!
I started by pinching my fathers woodbines and worked my way up to Capstan full strength and cigars.. No filter tips for me.. That was like.. Cheating! Oh that word again, it does keep cropping up! Only girls and puffs smoked filter tips!! Be a man and breath it in!
Some things stick in your mind which I assume is the adiction, I gave up in 1974 and have only had one cigarett since then but if anyone within smelling distance lights up with a match then the smell of the match and tobacco together brings it all back! In my dreams I often relent and start again which after 40 years is surprising, so I have some sympathy for those trying to stop.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Not that I am tempted to try one, but I wonder what its like.. I seem to remember from my smoking days that although heavily addicted, I didnt actually like it!
I started by pinching my fathers woodbines and worked my way up to Capstan full strength and cigars.. No filter tips for me.. That was like.. Cheating! Oh that word again, it does keep cropping up! Only girls and puffs smoked filter tips!! Be a man and breath it in!
Some things stick in your mind which I assume is the adiction, I gave up in 1974 and have only had one cigarett since then but if anyone within smelling distance lights up with a match then the smell of the match and tobacco together brings it all back! In my dreams I often relent and start again which after 40 years is surprising, so I have some sympathy for those trying to stop.
That is the problem that vaping addresses. No matter what non smokers say about how revolting tobacco smoke smells, to smokers and ex smokers it is heaven.
Vapers do not experience this, personally, I now find tobacco smoke rather repellent.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
That is the problem that vaping addresses. No matter what non smokers say about how revolting tobacco smoke smells, to smokers and ex smokers it is heaven.
Vapers do not experience this, personally, I now find tobacco smoke rather repellent.
Vaping, if available, wouldn't have been an option when I stopped, but I did have a bit of help from Ted Heath who showed me the way, and once I realised that I had actually stopped smoking the rest wasn't that hard.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

FoxZulu

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 9, 2016
London
Vaping devices fall into two categories - electronic and mechanical. The ones with LED's, adjustable watts and temp are electronic. Mechanical devices are simply a battery in a tube and a push button to operate.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
once I realised that I had actually stopped smoking the rest wasn't that hard.
My experience too, giving up after almost 40 years of smoking and the latter years at 60+ a day.

I think like with most addictions the fear of giving up is far worse than the actual giving up. I found the secret is to actually want to give up, rather than hope to give up while fearing what that would be like.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Advertisers