A random thread for things too unimportant for their own thread...

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
There is a very simple explanation, 'Emergent behaviour'
Here in Swindon we have an excellent example of the principle in the 'Magic roundabout'
The same logic applies to 'shared space junctions'. Quite simply, it's all about survival.

:eek::confused:o_O

Build a couple of those in every ferry port town and you no longer have an EU migrant problem! They will all have crashed in the first mile!

rower

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2018
Berks and Bucks
Am I right to be concerned about someone damaging my bike's electronics as a vandal in London, during the day? I plan on using it as a commuter vehicle when visiting the parents. I'd take the battery off and secure it with two d locks but I'm having nightmares of someone just seeing the power control unit and thinking "I'll have that" or just damaging it out of spite.

Also, bit niche but does anyone have a strong opinion on how safe and secure the bike racks at Euston Station are for pedelecs?

D

Deleted member 4366

There is a delightful story in the current Newsweek. An American, picked up that there was a concert by the Red Hot Chilli Piper's , in the big arena in Belfast, and the tickets were an incredible 41 dollars each, As you are no doubt aware the Red Hot Chillies are a global supergroup.. any way it being Valintine weekend, he organised the flights etc for himself and this current expecting a great show.
He was somewhat disappointed that the evening consisted of 2.5 hours of high volume bagpipes playing......
That was a lucky save. The Red Hot Chilli peppers are terrible and that bagpipe band are not bad - at least they can play.

I can't understand why anybody would want to pay more than the cost of an ebike to see rubbish bands like RHCP, when there's loads of really talented musicians that you can see for peanuts. All I can say is that somebody is very good at marketing. If only we could drag them into the ebike industry.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
That was a lucky save. The Red Hot Chilli peppers are terrible and that bagpipe band are not bad - at least they can play.

I can't understand why anybody would want to pay more than the cost of an ebike to see rubbish bands like RHCP, when there's loads of really talented musicians that you can see for peanuts. All I can say is that somebody is very good at marketing. If only we could drag them into the ebike industry.
Its to do with the Californication of everything...I love red hot chilli peppers...make loads of boring food enjoyable.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

He is an american, you can't understand. You can say all the bad things you want about RHCP and I will support you 100% but never say a bad word about REM... :p

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Whatever the quality of the musicians, would you nor agree that pipes , particulary bag pipes are an acquired taste. ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Am I right to be concerned about someone damaging my bike's electronics as a vandal in London, during the day? I plan on using it as a commuter vehicle when visiting the parents. I'd take the battery off and secure it with two d locks but I'm having nightmares of someone just seeing the power control unit and thinking "I'll have that" or just damaging it out of spite.

Also, bit niche but does anyone have a strong opinion on how safe and secure the bike racks at Euston Station are for pedelecs?
Vandalising the bike's electrics is very unlikely, never heard of a case here in London. The main problem is theft of the whole bike, if they can't take it they tend to leave it alone.

I can't answer the Euston Station question, I'm not familiar with those racks or their position.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Just reading in the news this morning that vaping in the car could be considered as using an electronic hand held device whilst driving and suffer the same penalty as using a phone.
Are there any vapers out there?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Are you kidding? 101 pages of them on this link, the second longest thread ever in this forum.
Wow! I have only ever seen a few vaperers so thought no one bothered with them. Those that I have seen actually smoking them look a bit .. well odd to say the least...
101 pages eh? Astounding!
Vaperers.. is that even a word? waiting with bated breath for the grammar police to step in...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Wow! I have only ever seen a few vaperers so thought no one bothered with them. Those that I have seen actually smoking them look a bit .. well odd to say the least...
101 pages eh? Astounding!
Vaperers.. is that even a word? waiting with bated breath for the grammar police to step in...
We say our bikes are electric powered, but with so many vapers in our ranks puffing their way along, the public could be forgiven for thinking they are steam powered. :D

As above, the noun commonly used is vapers.

• :D
Reactions: mike killay

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sometimes you can't miss the vapers they send out more smoke signals then the red Indians used to.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
S1030523.jpg
that is a real vape :D and it is 10 years old and still blowing;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sometimes you can't miss the vapers they send out more smoke signals then the red Indians used to.
Indeed, one young guy walking past my home yesterday puffed on his and produced a very good imitation of a cumulus cloud. Looked really weird.

D

Deleted member 4366

A friend of mine, who's a forum member and contributed to the vaping thread switched to vaping several years ago. He's presently on chemo for throat cancer at only 49 years old. I'm not saying that they're related, but the stuff they put in there is completely unregulated and many things are cancerous when burned.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
A friend of mine, who's a forum member and contributed to the vaping thread switched to vaping several years ago. He's presently on chemo for throat cancer at only 49 years old. I'm not saying that they're related, but the stuff they put in there is completely unregulated and many things are cancerous when burned.
real vapes dont burn anything there more like a hot air gun that blows in to a bag like my volcano ;)

• Agree
Reactions: mike killay

rower

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2018
Berks and Bucks

Advertisers