a thanks to all on forum

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Does the motor wheel work in PAS mode with the old controller ?
Do you mean when I turn pedals as I've not as of yet fitted chain. or do you just mean move wheel by hand and no throttle as dont think it will spin with no throttle

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pedal assist.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
So the Green and the White sheathed wires are feeds from the battery ?

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
So the Green and the White sheathed wires are feeds from the battery ?
Ok here is a image of a cut out switch which you turn on/off when parking up moped to disable power which is located under seat

Right now that green wire you refer to is actually green/yellow. and it goes to that cut out switch and the N slot in battery lead what you plug into battery goes to the red wire on that cut out box.

The L slot on battery lead on moped what plugs into battery. goes to the white sheath wire and also another terminal which is not used

hope I have explained correctly as I did a continuity test and it said wires go where i said

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
So this
wires to this
1643114303862.png
and this then goes where ?

Red/L with white sheath should wire to Red on Yellow block.
Green/Yellow Gnd/neutral should wire to Black on Yellow block, so why are they reversed Green to Red and L/white sheath to Black Gnd.

All I'm seeing is a snap shot of connectors/switches and wiring not sequenced in order correctly. It is confusing when L/v+ should be Red or Brown and other non std colours are used.
How about a full schematic from battery to controller and then where the Yellow power connector and White sw come in to play.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
So this
View attachment 45525
wires to this
View attachment 45524
and this then goes where ?

Red/L with white sheath should wire to Red on Yellow block.
Green/Yellow Gnd/neutral should wire to Black on Yellow block, so why are they reversed Green to Red and L/white sheath to Black Gnd.

All I'm seeing is a snap shot of connectors/switches and wiring not sequenced in order correctly. It is confusing when L/v+ should be Red or Brown and other non std colours are used.
How about a full schematic from battery to controller and then where the Yellow power connector and White sw come in to play.

Well thats how moped was from day I bought it. surely green/yellow wire gnd has to go to thick RED on controller so like Live to Gnd

and Live to black gnd Im not good at all this, But how comes moped runs ok

I have asked Erider for a wiring diagram, but they said they dont have one for model 15

in the image IMG_1502 on the left of that block the thick red, thick black, and thin red all go to controller

I did try to sketch up one myself but not very good as I have never done one before.

Attachments

• Disagree
Reactions: Nealh

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
Yeah I cant believe after 3 months I've got it going with help from you guys here, its took a lot of hard learning etc, but what I've learnt here I couldn't have known myself. so I'm so grateful to you people. I was in no hurry for moped anyway as it was way too cold. to ride it this weather. I had only put wheel on temp to try it out had not connected the 3 phase wires but like I said before when I tried turning wheel by hand, I couldn't believe it. as it was lumpy like brakes was sticking, but i knew it cant be brakes as I hadn't even fitted brakes then. But I remembered this YouTube video, as when I looked down at phase wires on the floor 2 was touching. so knew something was a good things as never had that before

I may try new controller tomoz just to see if its any different on the speedo display as full throttle it said 43 Km/h which is about 26 MPH but then it maybe because I had a fully charged battery. 53.8V

The only problem now is tidying up all the wires lol as its bare shell now then got to replace back cover side covers seat etc etc LOl but the moped has had a full MOT now lol

Apologies if I have not mentioned anyone who has helped me
You had it working this morning. Now you’ve messed around again and, it’s not working.

No surprise there. Otherwise we’ll have another three months or so of endless questions and you’ll end up spending more huge amounts of money trying to sort out the problems you’ve caused.

Just put it back to where it was this morning, leave well alone and enjoy the moped before it really become a money pit and a pile of junk.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One shouldn't cross the polarity, that is when the magic smoke appears or something blows or goes bang.
Voltage always to voltage, Gnd to Gnd & Signal to Signal.

With a battery one never joins it self to it self as it goes bang.

Reactions: DiggyGun

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
You had it working this morning. Now you’ve messed around again and, it’s not working.

No surprise there. Otherwise we’ll have another three months or so of endless questions and you’ll end up spending more huge amounts of money trying to sort out the problems you’ve caused.

Just put it back to where it was this morning, leave well alone and enjoy the moped before it really become a money pit and a pile of junk.

Read some of what I have said. I Have just tried new controller, and it wont work, have I said moped isn't working, as it is fine. But as I had bought a new controller which obviously isn't right for moped. or the previous owner messed with wires. maybe that's why

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
One shouldn't cross the polarity, that is when the magic smoke appears or something blows or goes bang.
Voltage always to voltage, Gnd to Gnd & Signal to Signal.

With a battery one never joins it self to it self as it goes bang.
Well it hasn't gone bang since i had it or smoked. so Im puzzled then how it runs if its not right

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Apologies to anyone if I have annoyed them with constant posts, But just thought this is what forums are for to help people and learn from them

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
Read some of what I have said. I Have just tried new controller, and it wont work, have I said moped isn't working, as it is fine. But as I had bought a new controller which obviously isn't right for moped. or the previous owner messed with wires. maybe that's why
I have read all your posts from day one. I am impressed that you have kept going with this project and kept throwing money into this project.

I certainly would not have the patience to do this. I would have just cut my losses, sold it as a non-runner on eBay, moved on and purchased one from a reputable source, not go back to the original seller and nick his door bell as you once stated.

I wish you all the best with your continuing work, but it is like watching someone flogging a dead horse. But it’s your life, live it how you want and, I’ll certainly enjoy read your future posts.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I have read all your posts from day one. I am impressed that you have kept going with this project and kept throwing money into this project.

I certainly would not have the patience to do this. I would have just cut my losses, sold it as a non-runner on eBay, moved on and purchased one from a reputable source, not go back to the original seller and nick his door bell as you once stated.

I wish you all the best with your continuing work, but it is like watching someone flogging a dead horse. But it’s your life, live it how you want and, I’ll certainly enjoy read your future posts.

Well yes I was done down on this, but do you honestly think someone on ebay would buy a non runner, also I wont have got what I paid for it. Yes ok I have so far bought new battery, another controller, plus small items not much. Regarding nicking sellers doorbell, well its a RING video doorbell, at least I got something from the piece of S**T, and they worth £89. I couldn't really grab hold of him as he is 70 lives alone. what's point in that I would have been arrested. Yes I have been told to dump it. but I knew in the end I would have not got back what I paid.

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
Well yes I was done down on this, but do you honestly think someone on ebay would buy a non runner, also I wont have got what I paid for it. Yes ok I have so far bought new battery, another controller, plus small items not much. Regarding nicking sellers doorbell, well its a RING video doorbell, at least I got something from the piece of S**T, and they worth £89. I couldn't really grab hold of him as he is 70 lives alone. what's point in that I would have been arrested. Yes I have been told to dump it. but I knew in the end I would have not got back what I paid.
I understand your frustration, but you did initially buy when it was basically a non-runner. With regard to the Ring doorbell, I just cannot comprehend how you see that as a good thing.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I understand your frustration, but you did initially buy when it was basically a non-runner. With regard to the Ring doorbell, I just cannot comprehend how you see that as a good thing.
No it was running when I took it away from seller. but not going on about it all again, also its running now so I am a bit confused when its said wiring isn't right. yet I've never had it smoke etc or what ever. only had problems due to wrong battery, and also motor problem in wheel. Im not saying Nealh is wrong as Im sure he knows more than I will ever know. but how comes its running fine now. surely if wires are not right how can it possibly run. I took snapshots right from day 1 when I dismantled the moped. including wiring too. so that's how its been from day 1

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you wired up your tv or house electrics like that they would go bang, one simply doesn't mix polarity's . I can only assume that the wiring is so mixed up colour wise that it is only luck that the polarity and wire sequence is correct.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
If you wired up your tv or house electrics like that they would go bang, one simply doesn't mix polarity's . I can only assume that the wiring is so mixed up colour wise that it is only luck that the polarity and wire sequence is correct.
Well yes agree. But I just think previous owner not the seller. Just used any coloured wires to just get moped running. Obviously not talented. But like I said surely bike won’t run if it’s all wrong. Do you agree to that. I don’t use the pedals anyway as I have too longer legs. So makes it hard for me. But like I said Nealh it’s running and never had anything burn or smoke. And I always take pics of what I do especially wiring.

Btw do you know what the thick red, thick black, &. Thin red wires on the controller do

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Logically thick Red/Black is voltage supply, thin Red a sw supply.