Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
:eek:

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I remember that one, his mate had bodged the wires with alternate coloured extenders and the guy took the polarity at face value and puff, up in smoke.
As we keep saying a meter tells you correct polarity, it is such a simple technique to use, when someone else has played with electrics unknown one can't simply take what you see as the face value.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I remember that one, his mate had bodged the wires with alternate coloured extenders and the guy took the polarity at face value and puff, up in smoke.
As we keep saying a meter tells you correct polarity, it is such a simple technique to use, when someone else has played with electrics unknown one can't simply take what you see as the face value.
What I’m a bit confused with is how comes at the battery connector which shows 2 male pins the L + goes in the N - and the other pin N - go into L+ female plug on bike

I mean a IEC plug is N on left L on right facing you yet the N goes to L. And L go to N

isn’t N = negative

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
What I’m a bit confused with is how comes at the battery connector which shows 2 male pins the L + goes in the N - and the other pin N - go into L+ female plug on bike

I mean a IEC plug is N on left L on right facing you yet the N goes to L. And L go to N

isn’t N = negative
This is the problem when working on electrical circuits when you don’t know what you’re doing, particularly if someone else has been messing around with previously.

An electrical engineer colleague of mine once stated that he liked working with steam engines as a hobby, because when something is wrong, you see steam pissing out all over the place.

Whereas, electricity will bite you.

joelectric

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2019
Motherwell
Number 1 lesson, if it's working leave it alone. Madness spending all that time fixing it then undoing all your good work to go and try a different controller , just to see if it works.

This is like a soap drama, Nealh deserves a medal for his patience.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
@Nealth
You have the patience of a Saint.
DiggyGun I have never forced anyone here to reply back to my posts. I appreciate all the help I get here, & joelectric I agree, but as I had spent money on the other controller, I just wanted to see it going. its a bit like you buying a car just to leave in your garage. But anyway, the moped is now running ok, and that's it. I just was quoting to Nealh the new controller didn't run moped. which lead to Nealh asking about wires, if the wires are wrong well how comes its running, been same from day 1 when I got it. apart from wrong battery and plus previous owner messed with motor.

quote from Nealh
With a battery one never joins it self to it self as it goes bang.
but on battery L = Live goes to N- and N- goes to L+ so how is that joined to L+ to L+ or N- to N-

that's where I am a bit confused. its like at this junction box. L+ go to N- and N- go to L+

I will try not to annoy anyone here no more. But cant one have ones say about things even if they are right or wrong.

once again many thanks to all who have helped. this has gone on long enough now. moped is working like it should. so time now to get it all back together.

Reactions: DiggyGun

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
DiggyGun I have never forced anyone here to reply back to my posts. I appreciate all the help I get here, & joelectric I agree, but as I had spent money on the other controller, I just wanted to see it going. its a bit like you buying a car just to leave in your garage. But anyway, the moped is now running ok, and that's it. I just was quoting to Nealh the new controller didn't run moped. which lead to Nealh asking about wires, if the wires are wrong well how comes its running, been same from day 1 when I got it. apart from wrong battery and plus previous owner messed with motor.

quote from Nealh

but on battery L = Live goes to N- and N- goes to L+ so how is that joined to L+ to L+ or N- to N-

that's where I am a bit confused. its like at this junction box. L+ go to N- and N- go to L+

I will try not to annoy anyone here no more. But cant one have ones say about things even if they are right or wrong.

once again many thanks to all who have helped. this has gone on long enough now. moped is working like it should. so time now to get it all back together.
Get some warm clothing on and go for a test ride?

Reactions: DiggyGun

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Get some warm clothing on and go for a test ride?
Yes I will once got it all back, like wiring to be tided up with cable ties etc lol. panels to be replaced back so have lots to do. as not working on it every day. and I have been in no hurry to finish it as its in the warm. I can just take my time.

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
Everyone can have a say on the forum, that’s the point of it.

However, this has become a saga, albeit an interesting one and it was very positive to see a conclusion to it with the moped working.

But now things have moved on again into the broken down area and the saga continues…

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Everyone can have a say on the forum, that’s the point of it.

However, this has become a saga, albeit an interesting one and it was very positive to see a conclusion to it with the moped working.

But now things have moved on again into the broken down area and the saga continues…
No its fine you wont be hearing no more, Just glad after 3 dam months its all fixed. But I didn't have a clue what Phase or sensor wires where, or loads of meter tests I've done with all the help on here, as I couldn't have done it without none of you. and a special thanks to

Nealh & Matthewslack they got it going

so I take my hat off to those guys, sorry for keep going on about this. but hopefully now its all sorted.

Billyboya rides off into the sunset on his trusty moped chug chug chug PMSL :D

no seriously guys I couldn't of done this without all your help

I know this isn't to do with all this, But it has kept me busy, and helped my grieving, as I lost my poor sister last January 2021 to covid only age 71. when she was told she got covid she said "Oh I dont want to die" but it took her in less than a week. god bless sister where ever you are ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sorry to hear about your sister, I have been there so know how it feels. Covid has taken a lot of people over the last two years, yet the nay sayers are still about all over the world.
I lost my elder sis 10 yrs & 8months ago from the big C and she was only 49.

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
No its fine you wont be hearing no more, Just glad after 3 dam months its all fixed. But I didn't have a clue what Phase or sensor wires where, or loads of meter tests I've done with all the help on here, as I couldn't have done it without none of you. and a special thanks to

Nealh & Matthewslack they got it going

so I take my hat off to those guys, sorry for keep going on about this. but hopefully now its all sorted.

Billyboya rides off into the sunset on his trusty moped chug chug chug PMSL :D

no seriously guys I couldn't of done this without all your help

I know this isn't to do with all this, But it has kept me busy, and helped my grieving, as I lost my poor sister last January 2021 to covid only age 71. when she was told she got covid she said "Oh I dont want to die" but it took her in less than a week. god bless sister where ever you are ;)
Sorry to hear about your sister. I too contracted Covid in the early days, April 2020, was hospitalised and it nearly killed me.

You had some good help along the way and you’ve learnt a lot as well.

As I said earlier, very pleased that you got the moped eventually working. Just keep it that way and enjoy it.

Last edited:

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Sorry to hear about your sister, I have been there so know how it feels. Covid has taken a lot of people over the last two years, yet the nay sayers are still about all over the world.
I lost my elder sis 10 yrs & 8months ago from the big C and she was only 49.
Thanks Nealh yes the bloody big C sorry about your sis yeah and even though it’s 10 yrs 8months I bet you still think it was yesterday.
My sister was living in a care home. And since her death it’s now been closed plus another 3 more owned by same company. I think probably a cleaner brought covid in the home.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Sorry to hear about your sister. I too contracted Covid in the early days, April 2020, was hospitalised and it nearly killed me.

You had some good help along the way and you’ve learnt a lot as well.

As I said earlier, very pleased that you got the moped eventually working. Just keep it that way and enjo
Yeah this bloody covid but funny you don’t hear from where it all started in wuhan they kept that quiet

sorry you caught covid my brother and his girlfriend caught it too. Plus one of my nieces.

I’ve started today putting back wheel on but lost the dam link to the chain it pinged off and bugger if I can find it. Amazing where things ping to.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Stick around billyboya, what you've learnt on this project you might be able to help other fellow forum members in the same way others have helped you. Plus we want a road test report when you get back from your maiden voyage

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yeah this bloody covid but funny you don’t hear from where it all started in wuhan they kept that quiet

sorry you caught covid my brother and his girlfriend caught it too. Plus one of my nieces.

I’ve started today putting back wheel on but lost the dam link to the chain it pinged off and bugger if I can find it. Amazing where things ping to.
Go over the floor with a strong magnet? That sometimes works for me. Or vacuum the floor and use the magnet in the bagged debris. Or shine a bright torch at a low angle.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Go over the floor with a strong magnet? That sometimes works for me. Or vacuum the floor and use the magnet in the bagged debris. Or shine a bright torch at a low angle.
Yeah done that. Next step is moving bloody furniture. I thought it has to be under the moped. Nar no such luck. It’s not where I’ve looked. So it’s gotta be behind furniture

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
Yeah done that. Next step is moving bloody furniture. I thought it has to be under the moped. Nar no such luck. It’s not where I’ve looked. So it’s gotta be behind furniture
You could also try putting a piece of stocking over the nozzle to catch throttle bolt.