Adding throttle to Yose Power pedal assist kit

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
@gersrt & anyone curious, my KT throttle works without pedaling and settings for my 36 volt 27" / 29er MTB are below (check P4 setting for pedal assist !)

Menus. Turn display *ON
- up & down together, on to save & progress
- up & down together
- up & down together

Menu = 72 / 26" / kmh (defaults are ok )

P1 = 132 motor magnets * gear reduction (was 90)
P2 = 1 pulses per wheel revolution
P3 = 1 (1 = torque control, 0 = speed control)
P4 = 0 throttle startup ( 0 = no pedals, 1 = pedal first)
P5 = 12 power monitoring “fuel gauge” ( 0, or for 36v valid range is 5 to 15, try 13) **

C1 = 05 (try 02-07) motor magnets ** Works now at 05 (better than 06, was 02 ?)
C2 = 0 motor phase classification, default = 0
C3 = 8 default startup power (now set to 2 ? ) **
C4 = 4 throttle / walk assist ? (set to P4=0, C4=4 for throttle max to match power level??) was 0) **
- SO=4,

C5 = 10 max current adjustment
C6 = 4 backlight brightness
C7 = 1 cruise (0 = off, 1 = on) was 0 **
C8 = 0 motor temperature display (if sensor is fitted)
C9 = 0 password (0=off)
C10 = n (factory reset, to reset set "Y" then hold power for 2 seconds)
C11 = 0 comms protocol
C12 = 4 (LVC? default = 4)
C13 = 0 ABS strength, 0 = off
C14 = 3 power assist, was 2

Hope it helps.
:)

• Informative
Reactions: AntonyC

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Link added for info - another KT thread explaining what some of the menu options / settings do :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
C3 denotes the PAS level setting the display will be in when switching on 0 - 5 are the six levels. 8 is auto setting and remembers the last level used.
The safest mode to prevent accidental actuation is C3/0.

marcinos

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2023
North of Scotland
Hi did you manage to get it working? When I bought my conversion kit it came with thumb throttle. I want to change for twist one and bought another one of eBay. After installation throttle wasn't working. Start messing with wires and nothing. Someone on this forum mentioned that is probably throttle for KT controller's. I instal genuine from kit and it's works no problems.
I have same LCD and same controller as yours.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi did you manage to get it working? When I bought my conversion kit it came with thumb throttle. I want to change for twist one and bought another one of eBay. After installation throttle wasn't working. Start messing with wires and nothing. Someone on this forum mentioned that is probably throttle for KT controller's. I instal genuine from kit and it's works no problems.
I have same LCD and same controller as yours.
All throttles work the same with all controllers. You only have to connect the three wires in the correct sequence. The only issue I can remember is that sone Powerbikes have reverse throttles, which you can solve by turning over the magnets.