Advice for a true 'Gentlemans' e-bike...

SteveB1262

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Raleigh Motus Crossbar for yourself and Raleigh Motus Step Through for your wife. Base model with 300watt battery is £1650 but the Motus Tour with 400watt battery upgraded gears plus some other extras is £1840 which is still within you price range. I spent some time looking around but kept coming back to the Motus. It's prices, quality and specs just screamed out 'buy me'. So I did and not regretted it for a single second. Amazing bikes.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The only bit I find I'm cheating about riding an ebike is an earlier death possibly, letting an ebike take the strain on inclines and headwind has to be a great advantage in aiding the body from heart attack, raised blood pressure or a raised heart beat.
The benefits don't stop the body from a good work out under better controlled circumstances.

Recently I have had genetics testing and under gone endoscopy procedures to pick up any sign of cancer, I have now been classed as high risk due to family circumstances and a gene I have inherited.
Maybe we can call that cheating as well.
From now on if any one tells me I'm cheating all they will get from me is B*ll*cks & to go and f**k them selves.

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Very happy with our (slightly older) Motus step-through. (I really appreciate the step-through, and anticipate that I will appreciate it even more in a few years time)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Getting there! Creating a new bike is such a long process! Soft launched the Wayfarer range in Belgium this weekend, happily the bikes were very well received! Some way to go yet, the pre production samples have been agreed and ordered, the full range should be here for sale in the summer.

All the best, David

8667E0E9-40E3-451E-A55E-C9AE084A6876.jpeg

Last edited:

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Getting there! Creating a new bike is such a long process! Soft launched the Wayfarer range in Belgium this weekend, happily the bikes were very well received! Some way to go yet, the pre production samples have been agreed and ordered, the full range should be here for sale in the summer.

All the best, David

View attachment 28647
Hi David,
Very nice...but it looks like you forgot posts #37 & #38?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Ahh, good spot. We have remembered, but as it costs about £1000 for each CNC frame prototype, this is the same frame as in posts 34 and 36, painted and built into a bike. The pre production model will have bottle anchors fitted.

All the best, David

Reactions: E-Wheels

SteveB1262

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
The only bit I find I'm cheating about riding an ebike is an earlier death possibly, letting an ebike take the strain on inclines and headwind has to be a great advantage in aiding the body from heart attack, raised blood pressure or a raised heart beat.
The benefits don't stop the body from a good work out under better controlled circumstances.

Recently I have had genetics testing and under gone endoscopy procedures to pick up any sign of cancer, I have now been classed as high risk due to family circumstances and a gene I have inherited.
Maybe we can call that cheating as well.
From now on if any one tells me I'm cheating all they will get from me is B*ll*cks & to go and f**k them selves.
Couldn't have put that better.

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Having road biked around France this year, in Alsace my wife and I rented electric bikes for the day... After much deliberation might I add as we honestly thought it was cheating...

Needless to say the Kalkhoff bikes with Bosch Performance motors were nothing short of wonderful, and quite possibly gave us our most enjoyable days cycling for some time!

Now we are in the market for two pedelecs of our own and have some requirements, many of which will be fairly easy to find for a ladies step-through bike, however for my own I want a true 'Gentlemans' bike - I currently have an old black, 3-gear bike with dutch handlebars called Gordon whom I love dearly, but in truth I really want the fun of the turbo mode!!!

So I'm after any recommendations for:

Ladies and Gents bikes (do not have to be the same make or range, just similarly equipped in terms of the motor.
Bosch Performance motor (or similar alternative in terms of power) - we'll mostly be leisure cycling but enjoyed the Bosch Performance motor so much we wouldn't want to be disappointed - or does it not make a big difference?
As traditional as possible styling (more important for the gents bike than the ladies).
Upright riding position.
Dutch-style handlebars.
Suspension seatposts.
Decent range of gears.
Hub gears ideally to minimise maintainenece.

In terms of price we do not really have a limit for the right bike and was expecting to pay a minimum of £2500 each.

I've looked at several manufacturers on the Tredz website but haven't quite found the one!

Help! Many thanks in advance, Adam.
Check out the Moustache brand, really nice and French made, nicely shaped bars and comfortable positioning. Ebikes cheating? Definitely not! Just a natural evolution of the bicycle!

SteveB1262

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Check out the Moustache brand, really nice and French made, nicely shaped bars and comfortable positioning. Ebikes cheating? Definitely not! Just a natural evolution of the bicycle!
Not so much a natural evolution but a different entity.