Advice needed- Bafang BBS01B 250w

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
The only concerns I have remaining are to do with a few previous complaints regarding the grease in the gears in previous versions of the bafang motor and whether my new BBS01B will need to be opened for extra apllication of Mobil grease 28 (as recommended by others)
Roughly every 1000 miles or so the motor begins making mechanical noises - a fresh application of mobil 28 to the large gear behind the chain ring quietens things down again

mnf441

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 17, 2017
Manchester, UK
Hey guys, does anyone know if I can drill a hole into the down tube and how / what tool I need to thread it into a bottle cage type hole (so I can then use M5 bolts)? Unfortunately, my bike's existing bottle mount holes are too low / too near the bottom bracket.

Thanks. Karl

D

Deleted member 4366

Rivnuts:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grooved-Steel-Nutserts-Blindnut-4-5-6-8-mm-Serrated-Rivet-Nuts-Threaded-Rivnut-/121578747347?var=&hash=item1c4ea875d3:m:mlZLdTsp6Aq0O7FM934zVLg

It's sometimes not easy to get your drill into the triangle to drill the hole properly, so you need to come up with a creative solution. i don't have a right-angle adaptor, so I use my Dremmel. You don't need to buy any special tools for the rivnuts. I use two strips of steel with a 5.5mm hole drilled in them. You want the hole about 1" from the end and the strips to be at leat 4". the longer the better. Drill the hole as close to a tight fit as you can for the rivnut. Start small and gradually increase. Insert the rivnut, place the strips over it and insert a strong 5mm cap-screw or hex-head screw with a washer under the head through the strips into the rivnut. Often, you can just screw it up tight to rivet the the rivnut, but sometimes it spins. In that case, screw the screw down to the strips and lever up the upper strip against the lower one, which needs to remain flat against the frame. That will pull up the bottom of the rivnut enough to make it grip.

mnf441

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 17, 2017
Manchester, UK
Woohoo... 30 miles on flat, easy! All done and it feels great! Thank you all!!!

Btw, decided to drill 2 holes into the metal and plastic battery holder sections... Seemed easier than drilling holes for rivet nuts into frame!