Help! Advice on converting a tricycle

PeterLanky

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 27, 2020
May I ask how you procured the trike from Oxygen? I have looked at the Oxygen website and there is no mention of trikes. From the photo you posted, the trike seems very close to what I'm looking for. I had a cycle accident 2 years ago resulting in spinal cord injury, and I don't have the balance to use a bike or strength to pedal up hills. I have already had 2 trikes and subsequently sold them, on as I was unhappy with aspects of them. Most off the shelf ones seem expensive and are either macho big wheel monsters (but still made with cheapo Chinese metal) or 'old people' bikes, and despite being close in age to the latter category, they don't suit me.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I dont think they sell them to be honest, I believe it was one they got in as a demo with the view to stocking, but I dont think that happened.
They are really helpful though, if you contact them, they make be able to point you in the direction of the source.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Oh well, just another example of the ridiculous laws in this country.
I would prefer to see a youngster enjoy themselves on a powered trike rather then be worried about an age limit.
Agreed it's a ridiculous law and not shared by any EU country. But it is the British law for any e-bike, e-trike or e-quad, the guilt being yours as well as hers, click the link below:

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Agreed it's a ridiculous law and not shared by any EU country. But it is the British law for any e-bike, e-trike or e-quad, the guilt being yours as well as hers, click the link below:

Seeing as the police cant manage to police the laws against the multitude of scallies zooming around on their powered scooters, I dont think I have anything to worry about.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Seeing as the police cant manage to police the laws against the multitude of scallies zooming around on their powered scooters, I dont think I have anything to worry about.
I agree, and would hope no police officer would be officious enough to act anyway.

But it's as well you know the position so able to act appropriately if anything did crop up.

Reactions: Andy Bluenoes