After market bbsxx crank drive gear

jarob10

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Cool, yeah I guess there is room for one on the non drive side. Cheap fix too if your BBS controller dies.
I needed to wave the grinder at the LH crank arm to create space for the mag ring.

I did try to interface the bbs inbuilt pas, but didn’t spend too long and gave up, as I had a working external pas on hand.

jarob10

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Rip out the old controller board and you wil prob. have room for your connectors, or is this what you've done?
Yes, see previous picture.

I hollowed out the old controller to create space, after salvaging the proprietary hall sensor connector & phase bullets

Reactions: Deere John

jarob10

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
No need for this except it looks cool and isn't plastic like the original

A lekkie final drive cover (actually it does have a grease port so there is a point to it)

See brighton Ebikes (UK lekkie distributor)

Attachments

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Tyne and Wear
No need for this except it looks cool and isn't plastic like the original

A lekkie final drive cover (actually it does have a grease port so there is a point to it)

See brighton Ebikes (UK lekkie distributor)

Nice find. Was wondering when someone was gonna make a metal version, coz the original plastic one is prone to crack, if the screws are tightened too much. Been there, done that :(
Grease port too... Wowza :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: KirstinS

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
cool! I wonder what that ear is thought for? For not letting the chain stuck there!? It would be a very nice feature because the chain can stuck really bad there.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
cool! I wonder what that ear is thought for? For not letting the chain stuck there!? It would be a very nice feature because the chain can stuck really bad there.
It's for the man pinion gear of the motor axle that sits behind it, the final drive gear turns it. The plastic drive cover is the same.

• Agree
Reactions: KirstinS

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
It's for the man pinion gear of the motor axle that sits behind it, the final drive gear turns it. The plastic drive cover is the same.
ooh, with the red color you see more details :) right

well, I have put a chain retention device on mine, works well