After market bbsxx crank drive gear

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Rip out the old controller board and you wil prob. have room for your connectors, or is this what you've done?

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Cool, yeah I guess there is room for one on the non drive side. Cheap fix too if your BBS controller dies.
I needed to wave the grinder at the LH crank arm to create space for the mag ring.

I did try to interface the bbs inbuilt pas, but didn’t spend too long and gave up, as I had a working external pas on hand.

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Rip out the old controller board and you wil prob. have room for your connectors, or is this what you've done?
Yes, see previous picture.

I hollowed out the old controller to create space, after salvaging the proprietary hall sensor connector & phase bullets

Reactions: Deere John

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
No need for this except it looks cool and isn't plastic like the original

A lekkie final drive cover (actually it does have a grease port so there is a point to it)

See brighton Ebikes (UK lekkie distributor)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tommie

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
No need for this except it looks cool and isn't plastic like the original

A lekkie final drive cover (actually it does have a grease port so there is a point to it)

See brighton Ebikes (UK lekkie distributor)

Nice find. Was wondering when someone was gonna make a metal version, coz the original plastic one is prone to crack, if the screws are tightened too much. Been there, done that :(
Grease port too... Wowza :cool:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tommie and KirstinS

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
cool! I wonder what that ear is thought for? For not letting the chain stuck there!? It would be a very nice feature because the chain can stuck really bad there.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
cool! I wonder what that ear is thought for? For not letting the chain stuck there!? It would be a very nice feature because the chain can stuck really bad there.
It's for the man pinion gear of the motor axle that sits behind it, the final drive gear turns it. The plastic drive cover is the same.

• Agree
Reactions: KirstinS

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
It's for the man pinion gear of the motor axle that sits behind it, the final drive gear turns it. The plastic drive cover is the same.
ooh, with the red color you see more details :) right

well, I have put a chain retention device on mine, works well

LithiumFan

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2019
Herefordshire
Re the Lekkie final drive cover. This doesn't just look fancy but enables the use of a 40T front bling ring with a similar chain line as the normal BBS01/2 46T. My poor knees don't like 46T. I really want to use a 36T with a 104 BCD spider adapter but the chain line is way to far out so I'm having to wait for more 40T supplies to arrive at Brighton Bikes and lots of money. More value than wrecked knees.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Rearview mirrors
Has nothing to do with aftermarket Bafang BBS gear. But I really like Zefal Spy, has two of them:

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
1. Lekkie bling rings
2. The programming cable
3. The gear shift sensor
4. Eggrider LCD and programmable system
5. Lekkie buzz bars
6. Installation and maintenance tool
7. AeroShell Grease 22 (for final drive regreasing)
8. DPC-14 colour display (the voltage and current reading is a useful addition)
9. Bike stand (works great with BBSxx for maintenance)

Ignore the 'not recommended for electric bikes' comment in the listing of #9.
I've been using one of these stands for years, and they are really robust and great for lifting the rear wheel for maintenence. Also essential for programming, as the controller is live when programming, so an accidental touch of the throttle or PAS can send the bike flying off.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: trevor brooker

newager

Just Joined
Jul 1, 2020
After market Bafang compatible crank arms

The Lekkie looks nice and expensive retailing at around £90 but only comes in 160mm or 170mm

The Shimano Steps Fc-e6000 Crank Arm Set is recommended but its only available in 170mm or 175mm

I currently use a 165mm crank which is just right for me and my knees and I am looking for a similar length.

The Shimano Steps FC-E5000 or E5010 Crank Arms can be obtained in 165mm 170mm and 175mm lengths and they are less than half the price of the Lekkies.

https://bike.shimano.com/en-US/product/component/e-bike-e5000-series/FC-E5010.html

Does anyone know if these would fit the Bafang?

Thanks